PDA

View Full Version : Stable or unstable?

Elizabeth Ann
10-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Relax. This is not a moral question. There is no right or wrong answer.

I have been thinking a lot lately about change. Sometimes it happens by brute force, but more often it is the result of things getting out of balance. Whether this little shift in balance results in change or not is a function of whether our equilibrium is stable or unstable. An equilibrium is when all forces are balanced. Nothing happens. Now give it a little push and see what results from this small shock to the system.

A stable equilibrium is like a pendulum. Give it a push and the swinging slowly settles back to the original equilibrium. An unstable equilibrium is like a domino set on end. Nothing happens until you give it a little push, and then it keeps going until it reaches a new equilibrium, flat on the table. Complex systems are the same. Business cycles are said to be markets swinging back into stable equilibrium. Atomic bombs are the ultimate unstable equilibrium. Our personal lives are the same. Some marriages or friendships survive the worst crises, while sometimes fierce feuds grow from a single slight.

From this forum, it seems that crossdressing can be stable or unstable. We get stressed, or we have periods when we can't dress, and then we engage in a little flurry of dressing to calm us down or get our fix, and then we are okay for a while. But some of us get a taste of something new, and want more. Escalation leads us far and forever away from the old equilibrium.

Is your crossdressing stable or unstable? Does it keep you centered, or push you over the edge into new worlds? Maybe it depends on the type of shock (push) you received. Financial, job, or personal stress? Crossdressing might be stabilizing. Being outed or telling your SO? Maybe destabilizing? Maybe it changes over time: a pink fog for a while and then it clears. I wonder if it is mostly stable for crossdressers, mostly unstable for transexuals.

And mostly I wonder what it means for our own behavior. Alcoholics recognize that drinking is a fundamentally unstable behavior for themselves, and simply "don't go there." I am NOT equating the two, but many of us on this forum have expressed a desire for crossdressing not to be so controlling in our lives. How do we do that? It seems much easier not to tip the domino than it is to try to set it back up.

Liz

Tima
10-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Is your crossdressing stable or unstable? Does it keep you centered, or push you over the edge into new worlds?

My crossdressing is stable. I can’t say it keeps me centered, because I’m centered to begin with. The crossdressing is just an expression, in my case, of my personality and sexuality. It cannot be otherwise. It just is. Of course, it does push me into new worlds, but not over the edge. I exist in the world I was born into. I explore that world, bumping into resistance or acceptance wherever I go. I create questions in other people’s minds, but I don’t question why I crossdress.

Crossdressing might be stabilizing. I wonder if it is mostly stable for crossdressers, mostly unstable for transexuals.

There are crossdressers who would rather not be crossdressing, there are people who need to crossdress for one reason or another, and there are others who simply hate crossdressers. Who is the most stable? You do what you feel you have to do; according to who you are, who you want to be, or who you don’t want to be. Simple, isn’t it?
:)

Roxanne_Alternate
10-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Never thought about it, but as I feel comfortable with it, I'd say stable, while still being adventurous enough to explore my own borders and cross them if I want to. I crossdress whenever I want to, even if it's kind of risky. It's a part of who I am, I can't change it, and I don't even want to change it. It's just a part of me and well, harshly put people need to cope with that. If they can't, screw them. I'm not living in this world to please everybody.

NathalieX66
10-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Denial of any aspect about one's self will surely make one unstable. In time, it will eat you away piece by piece.
If I may be so permitted by the forum moderator to post this link, I found this song True to Myself, by Ziggy Marley to be one of my inspirations, it says it all.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikzQmC3S-mE