PDA

View Full Version : Telling a friend.

Philipa Jane
10-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Hiya everyone.

Today I have been out to lunch with an old school friend (she found me here after 40 years).We met each other 1 hour before catching up with my SO. This was done deliberately so that she and I could talk (when the two ladies get together I am unable to get a word in) they have only met on two other occasions but you would think they are the long lost friends.

Anyhow we talked about old times as you do and then moved onto current news. The subject of how my mental health was came up as I expected and I filled in some of the details.

Things got a little sticky here as I have been thinking maybe I should tell her I am CD or not in case it ruined the friendship. In order to do this I set the conditions out as to how she may think of me when she learned of my other self. Once told there is no putting the genie back in the bottle and, two other close friends who do know wish they did not.

So I questioned her on her attitudes and dealings with gay friends.(She was a senior manager with women’s refuges centers all over Greater London).

I did not get much further than that when she started telling me a story of a Court Judge that she knew well from her dealings with battered wives before him in the courts. They became friends and she saw him and his wife socially.
One day my friend went to the house unannounced and was met by the wife who explained that the husband was out but would return shortly. However there was a minor detail that she needed to be aware of. She would be meeting Emily not George.
Not a problem at all.

Now I believe that the story was relayed to me in that way to let me know that she had guessed what my other self was all about.

It was great to be able to relax even more with her knowing that I did not have to explain anything. That hour went so quickly and then my SO was calling to find out where I had got to. We met up and went to lunch and as I expected I could not get a word in very often, but hey did I care being out with two wonderful women who have a big place in my life?

No not a chance.:)
PJ

Rianna Humble
10-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Glad it went so well

ArleneRaquel
10-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Lovely story, I wish all people were as civilized as you friend.

Sophie86
10-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I think I pretty much did this yesterday without really planning to. The wife of a friend of mine stopped by to pick up a book. They're the ones who hosted the Halloween party that I went to in drag last year. We were talking about the masquerade party that's tonight, and she asked if my wife and I were wearing costumes. I said we were, and she asked what I was wearing. I said, "black boots, black skirt..." She said, "Something tells me that's not just a costume for you..." The kids were milling about, so I just said, "yeah... it's a costume... " in about the most unconvincing voice ever. She just chuckled, and I changed the subject.

The key to being accepted by your friends is to have cool friends. :)

PretzelGirl
10-02-2010, 03:16 PM
The key to being accepted by your friends is to have cool friends. :)

:yt: Absolutely, without a doubt. Makes coming out to them sooooo much easier.

Sounds like you have a good friend there Philipa Jane!

Brenda456
10-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Sounds great to me!

Shapeshiffter
10-02-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm jealous

Bobbi Lynn
10-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Glad it all went well!