PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a Triess member?

LitaKelley
10-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I found out there's a Triess chapter in my area. What's it like being a member? I see a schedule of monthly meetings.. What's it like at the meetings?

NathalieX66
10-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi Lita,
My chapter in NJ, which is Sigma Nu Rho, is sister to a non-TriEss group, called NJ Support Group, which is actually more all-inclusive (Transsexual, Gay, crossdresser etc.) than the national TriEss mission (or consitution, charter, whatever you call it) dictates. We are essentially the same people.

Some feel that TriEss is a bit too biased (favoring) hetero & married guys, with the idea that hetero & married guys may feel uncomfortable around people who are in mid-transition (hormones, etc) & sexuality. My group doesn't really give a rats a$$ about those things. We're too blue-state to get caught in up all that nonsense.
A support group should do more than gather for pizza & nachos & Pepsi while en femme , they should offer the opportunity to go to nightclubs, restaurants, shopping, bowling, movie theatres, etc. whatever it takes to send you on your way. ....mine does.
Hopefully, you will find some fine folks that will tell you where the cool spots to go en femme are. That's the beauty of networking & meeting people like yourself.
When I came out in public exactly last year( after a 20 year denial), I had no idea where to go, or what I was. My TriEss group helped me a lot.
I'm just a straight dude that love to present as female because I love the clothing & the styles

PretzelGirl
10-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Lita, I am closing in on a year of going to meetings. Our chapter is still going through getting formed and sanctioned by Tri-Ess. So we are still working on developing some of the "going out" things that other groups already have in place. But the big thing to me is I get to go out one night a month with my wife and daughter and meet like minded people and their family members or SOs. Even if we are still in the chatting and eating pizza phase, I am making great friendships and getting to spend time with some very special people that now mean a lot to me.

Now the meetings may not be for some. But you just don't know until you try. So I recommend that everyone go to a meeting of any kind of group in their area. What can you lose? A night out dressed?

sterling12
10-02-2010, 11:54 PM
It doesn't Suck!

Each Chapter is different, but you will: A.) Have Fun!!!! B.) Meet new Sisters. C.) Get out a Heck of a lot more. D.) Start talking about, and understanding yourself and others. E.) make some of The Best Friendships you have ever had.

Plus, there are about another Thousand Positive Benefits I haven't mentioned. (Forinstance, they have A Program for The Wives, and S.O.'s.. That might be a big positive for your Hubby.) Get in Touch with Them, do it, right now!

Maybe next time, you won't be sitting in That LGBT Bar alone! I know in My Chapter, The Gurls have a Fetish for going out AFTER The Meeting, (we do Dinner before our Business Meeting in a Different Place each Month,) so it's a very full Saturday for us. I think you just might find Your Local to be exactly what your looking for!

Peace and Love, Joanie

LitaKelley
10-02-2010, 11:58 PM
:) Great.. I'm gonna join.

Thanks everyone.

OMG.. a place I can go out dressed and be with other humans.. Oh my.. I'm soo glad I asked about this..

Oh, and the next meeting is next weekend I was so excited til I saw that I need to pay $73 to join... bummer.. guess I'll be missing that meeting and will have to wait til Nov.

sterling12
10-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Not sure about Your Local, but at Tri-Beta, they don't have to Join for a Couple of Months. Gives them a Chance to see if we suit their needs. Heck, for The First Meeting we don't even charge for The Meeting Dues. So it's a Freebie for New Members. Most Chapters give you at least Three Months to Join National, but each one is different. The Idea is to get you Started, not to collect a lot of Fees. We have even worked out Payment Schedules for people who were sincere.

Most Chapters have you do an Informal Interview, usually over a Cup of Coffee. (They just want to make sure your genuine.) It's done in Drab, but if you want to make The Meeting next week....get on it! You can probably get this stuff done, and become "Party Gurl" by next Saturday Night.

Peace and Love, Joanie

LitaKelley
10-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Not sure about Your Local, but at Tri-Beta, they don't have to Join for a Couple of Months. Gives them a Chance to see if we suit their needs. Heck, for The First Meeting we don't even charge for The Meeting Dues. So it's a Freebie for New Members. Most Chapters give you at least Three Months to Join National, but each one is different. The Idea is to get you Started, not to collect a lot of Fees. We have even worked out Payment Schedules for people who were sincere.

Most Chapters have you do an Informal Interview, usually over a Cup of Coffee. (They just want to make sure your genuine.) It's done in Drab, but if you want to make The Meeting next week....get on it! You can probably get this stuff done, and become "Party Gurl" by next Saturday Night.

Peace and Love, Joanie

:) I hope I can go this weekend.. I'm gonna email them and let them know I want to join. Thank you.