PDA

View Full Version : OK for starters

QueenNatalie
10-02-2010, 11:24 PM
So I don't have much crossdressing clothes to say the least . My therapist said to start off I should go to rescue mission or salvation army to get stuff. I am fine with that I am just high maintenance at times and I want more fashionable clothes. So to get this straight to start off crossdressing the easy way so to say to go from salvation army and up higher quality and higher prices stores when you have the experience right? Because I have to go to college in less than a year and want to go as Natalie by that time so I am guessing I have to catch up in my crossdressing skill right? Sorry if this topic is confusing just I haven't had the balls myself to buy my own cd clothes yet.

LitaKelley
10-02-2010, 11:28 PM
check out your local thrift shops.. you can score great clothes at bargain prices.

KarenS
10-02-2010, 11:44 PM
I highly recommend thrift stores at the start. You may have difficulty with styles and sizes also. By starting at thrift stores, you can determine what you want, and the sizes that work best for you before you dump a lot of the green stuff into it.

When you do start going to regular stores, don't be afraid to take things back that don't work for you.

Enjoy.

AllieSF
10-03-2010, 12:18 AM
just think of Thrift stores as places you can go and find a lot of good quality basic clothes and many times some really good quality name brand stuff. I do that all the time. Another good thing about thrift stores is that you will probably never see the people shopping and working there out on the street. So, the anonymity factor is in your favor of never running into someone you know, unless you have friends and family that shop in those thrift stores. A lot of stores have changing rooms on a first come basis, so you can try on different items of clothing to make sure that they fit. All this at a very inexpensive overall cost to you. You will be able to fine tune your styles and ability to put together outfits. Since college is very casual, jeans 80% of the time, you should do fine with jean and slacks with a lot of different tops. Then you can slowly build some special outfits for clubbing, dining or whatever. Good luck and enjoy your shopping. It really is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.

Melody Phillips
10-03-2010, 03:40 AM
I am currently building my wardrobe. I am going to thrift stores for some of my clothes. There are some real nice clothes to be found there. I purchased numerous "new" tops and skirts with labels still on them. I love the challenge of finding nice,cute clothes there.

Stephenie S
10-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Many small cities and larger towns have higher-end thrift stores usually called something like "Second Time Around" or "Lightly Used".

Visiting this type of store might mean you would have to sort through less junk, and more quality clothing and still save a bundle.

We have an Orvis factory store near here that has REAL values. I bought 5 beautiful high quality skirts there for a little less than $100, last spring. I always try to find real "outlet" malls. Many so called "factory stores" do not offer any real savings, but if you shop (and who doesn't like that?) carefully, you can find them.

Stephie

Kim_Bitzflick
10-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Natalie,

I applaud you for wanting to attend college and dress as a girl. It will tke some time for you to find clothing (no matter what store). As I started shopping for myself I finally realized that it takes a lot of searcing and trying on of clothes to find things that look right on you. I don't have much, but what I do have looks good on me.

Good luck,

littleronidude
10-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Forever 21 is great cause the close are cheap and all the stuff there is in style :) thats where half of my wardrobe is from there and victorias secret :)

carolinoakland
10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Good stylish clothes are all that matters. Not where you get them. But know your stuff. Some thrift store's are not so thrifty... I found a dress I'd bought for 10 new at Target for sale at a thrift store for 15. Go and figure...

Karan49
10-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi,

I see many girls have suggested you go to thrift stores and it's an okay alternative. But I'd like to suggest something I tried way back in 1986 that turned out to be loads of fun. I went to Fashion Bug and Dress Barn while I was dressed in male mode [no feminine clothing at all]. I explained to the sales associates in each store that I didn't have much money, but that I would like to put together a few outfits for myself. I'd like some things that I could wear to class and not stand out as a guy in drag. I explained I wanted to blend in rather than stick out as a sore thumb. They were very willing to help me. I explained I was nervous, but I really needed to do this and I would very much appreciate their help if they were willing. It was a dream come true. They even suggested I go to Victoria Secrets for a bra fitting, or if I preferred, Dillards. It took me a few weeks and I chickened out a couple of times but eventually I visited both stores and I was delighted with the help I recieved.

Payless shoe stores have some of the least expensive shoes and almost always have shoes on sale. The sales associates are actually fun to talk to and they are willing to help you pick styles to go with your outfits. The same can be said of gals in the fragrance and makeup areas of Dillards and other stores such as Mac.

Please don't let yourself lose out on all this fun and the exciting opportunites you can have while learning more feminine ways. Have fun with this, overcome your anxieties and fears. These gals are so willing to help us and you should take advantage of their willingness. Take care and good luck.

Karan