PDA

View Full Version : My sister's helpful tip

gerri ray
10-03-2010, 04:08 AM
On Thursday night I decided to not care what people think anymore and shaved my arms. I work in a warehouse and always wear a t-shirt so my hairy arms are/were visible. I've had bare arms for 2 days now and no one at work has batted an eye or said a word. Now, to the point of my thread, lol. I was talking with my sister about how annoying it is to shave my legs whenever they start getting hairy. She told me the easiest way is to just shave it, then run a razor over the area/s that you shave each time you take a shower. She told me that that is how most women stay smooth all the time. Now I take a shower every night just to stay smooth, lol. Aren't sister's wonderful!

Nick2Nikki
10-03-2010, 04:53 AM
That's how I shave my whole body. No cream, just some soap and lots of hot water. It only takes a couple of minutes a day, and it means that I have an excuse to take a longer shower!

LitaKelley
10-03-2010, 06:42 AM
I can't stand using a razor on my body, so I just use nair or some other hair remover. Less work

Steph.TS
10-03-2010, 07:20 AM
I can't stand using a razor on my body, so I just use nair or some other hair remover. Less work
that's how I prefer to do it as well be I'm always afraid of leaving it on too long as I'm trying remove the cream from other parts of my leg, I use veet's bladeless razor...

jessica renee
10-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Thank you for passing that along, I hadn't thought of that.

Jocelyn Quivers
10-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Shaving the same areas daily has been my standard procedure for shaving, it's quick, and easy. Also if for some reason I skip a day I still remain smooth.

linnea
10-03-2010, 12:09 PM
I do this too. A beautician told me about it and I've been doing it ever since. Shaving in the shower is also easier on the skin because of the heat and moisture--both are soothing.

Simone.B
10-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Rachel Schaedel
10-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Can we borrow your sister? She sounds like an awesome person and sibling. I am super jealous.

Rianna Humble
10-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I was talking with my sister about how annoying it is to shave my legs whenever they start getting hairy. She told me the easiest way is to just shave it, then run a razor over the area/s that you shave each time you take a shower. She told me that that is how most women stay smooth all the time.

I can either see that as an excuse to spend more time in the shower, or to get up earlier so I have time for a whole body shave in the shower.:)

Diane Elizabeth
10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I learned from a GG that she uses conditioner on her legs when she shaves. Better than shaving cream. I can't afford Nair (a bottle a week) to keep the body hairs away gets pretty expensive.

gerri ray
10-04-2010, 03:18 PM
yes nair is very expensive, lol. I've been perfectly smooth for 4 days now thnx to my sister. It really is easier than just shaving once a week and using hair remover all the time. She has been very helpful with tips and things I want to learn, lol. I can ask if she wouldn't mind being borrowed but you're gonna have to give her back :. I'm glad that some of you girls are finding this helpful, that's the reason why I posted it.

AKAMichelle
10-04-2010, 03:52 PM
they are speaking from years of experience. That is one thing we as cd'ers are usually missing. You are just one of the lucky ones with your builtin answer person. :D

SherriePall
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks for sharing that tip. Now, I assume that your sister knows that you like to dress.

paulaloha
10-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks Gerri, and thanks to your sister!

I will definitely have to try this! I currently just shave my thighs, but as the weather gets colder and I start wearing only long pants I will probably start shaving my legs.

mandy_may
10-05-2010, 07:19 AM
I wish I had know about this earlier! It used to take me about 30 min to shave my legs, more if I shaved everything. Now it only takes about 5 extra minutes tops to go over my legs to keep them silky smooth. Tell your sister thanks for me :-)

Mandy

Steph.TS
10-05-2010, 07:36 AM
what kind of razor do I need? I'm going out shopping for fem things this week (I hope) I'm hoping to get some clothing, nail polish for my toes, and a razor to try to shave my arms/legs. also do I need any cream for shaving with a razor?

Ashleythenewgirl
10-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Can we borrow your sister? She sounds like an awesome person and sibling. I am super jealous.

I am all for that. I don't think mine will take too well. Seriously good for you gerri ray that is so nice she is there for you.

Gina X
10-05-2010, 08:40 AM
what kind of razor do I need? I'm going out shopping for fem things this week (I hope) I'm hoping to get some clothing, nail polish for my toes, and a razor to try to shave my arms/legs. also do I need any cream for shaving with a razor?

I'm told by my son that the best thing to lubricate a razor is just water, the problem is getting it to stay in vertical places, so soap was added to make the water stay, I don't have a bath but possibly shaving legs under water in the bath will produce a better result !!..................

Lots of love Gina x

gerri ray
10-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Yes, she's known of my dressing since I told her 2 years ago. She's the first one I told and she gave me a bunch of panties, bras, and socks she didn't wear anymore. She never batted an eye.

carolinoakland
10-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I use hair conditioner, take's me five minutes tops to shave my legs and underarms.

Feather
10-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Isn't it better to wax so you don't get so course hairs though? At least for the legs it seems like the easiest way to do it.

gerri ray
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Well if you shave majorly once and then just run a razor over the area/s every time you shower then the hair don't get a chance to grow back. To me that would be easier than letting the hair grow back long to wax each time.

Rianna Humble
10-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Just be careful not to do as I did and cut yuor foot whiolst shaving in the shower :sad:

JohnH
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
I use Gillette's 5 bladed Venus Embrace razor except on my face. I used to use Veet or Nair on my legs but I find shaving to be much less irritating to the skin. I preferred Nair over Veet since Nair was not as harsh and did a better job of removing the hair.
One thing I notice as I shave my arms, legs, and chest is there is a bit less body odor. It is especially important to shave under the arms.

Good idea to run the razor over the areas everyday for critical areas.- I don't care about the legs or chest, but hair on my arms are noticeable. I will simply continue to shave my legs and chest twice a week.

I use a different razor for my face - Gillette's 5 bladed Fusion razor. I find that I need a stiffer pivot of the man's Fusion razor to cut through the stubble. On the other hand, the Venus has a flexible pivot that is good for the much softer body hair.

I have determined that regular Gillette's men's shaving gel differs from Gillette's Venus gel only in the scent so now I use only the regular men's shaving gel since it is a little cheaper.