PDA

View Full Version : gg has a questiin

donnasweetheart
10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
If your a straight cross dresser, does that mean your transgender or does it mean that your just a man that likes to ware dresses?

Lucy_Bella
10-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Well, it means both , Crossdressing is sorta under the "Transgender Umbrella " if you will..

Dana921
10-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi Donnasweetheart,

The term trangender is an umbrella term than includes crossdressers. The level of feelings that one has will vary with each individual going from just wanting to wear the outfits for sexual reasons (transvestite term in the U.S., crossdresser in countries such as England) to someone who feels very feminine at times but lives and works as a guy because they have to or enjoy that side of themselves as well. The line from crossdressing to a Transexual Pre-op, post op or Non-op can become very thin at times when we go to describe ourselves. And, if you feel confused on the subject, you should see it from our side! Heehee!

Thanks for asking!
Dana

renee k
10-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Donna,

To give you my answer to your question, I'm more transgendered, than a man who likes to wear dresses. I feel I'm more female than male in my mental makeup. But I'm straight too. I'm not into men. It's just how I feel. I think the term transgendered fits who I am, better than a straight crossdresser.

Renee

BRANDYJ
10-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Your question is simple to answer... A cross dresser is in fact a man #1. So if he is straight, it means he does not have sex with a man any more then a non cross dressing man does.
Now as to the second part. It's more complicated then simply saying we are men that just like to wear dresses.
For some, it's a fetish and very sexual.(self gratification)

For others it's part of our brain wiring to express our feminine side. But that does not mean we want to express it sexually with a man. BTW, most of us like to wear more then just dresses. lol
Cross dressing does not mean we are either gay or bi-sexual. True, like in the rest of the male population, some are either bi or gay. But not more so simply because we cross dress and maybe even less then non crossdressing males. No good statistics on it one way or the other.
Many of us might have a fantasy about being with a male, but that is not one that most of us ever live out. It's just a fantasy period.

As for me, I am a cross dresser that loves, adores, appreciates, idolizes and lusts after women. I have never lusted after a man. Not my thing.

Loni
10-04-2010, 10:33 AM
as a cross dresser who is "straight".
i guess i am a man who loves woman so much i like to look like one.
as said above "transgendered" is a umbrella word. so it includes cross dressers as well as transsexuals.

docrobbysherry
10-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't think I'm not qualified to answer the "transgendered" part of your question, Donna.
However, I know what "straight" means to me! It means I'm ONLY ATTRACTED TO FEMALES! Have I EVER been attracted to a male to female trans? Yes! In Thailand!

She appeared completely FEMALE in her looks, mannerisms and speech! I've NOT felt that attraction since! But, that's just ME! I can't speak for the trans person you're talking about!

Tracy X Cruz
10-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I would have to say it depends on how the cross-dresser identifies as some are really more transgender then others and may identify as male meaning that liking women is straight or identify as female and liking men is straight... so I personally think it is a very complex question. I personally consider my self currently a straight male because I only hold such interests towards females but if I ever go beyond just cross-dressing into changing my gender identity to female I couldn't really call my self straight while liking women. ^^;

Sophie86
10-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I've heard it said that "transgendered" is an umbrella term that includes crossdressers and transexuals. I don't object to having the label put on me, but I don't use it for myself. In my view, "trans" means "across", like you're on the other side, and I feel more like I'm stuck in the middle with a foot in each camp. When I dress up, though, I do try to be a bit more than just a guy wearing a dress. :)

Bottom line is, I respect the labels that other people choose for themselves. If a straight crossdresser says s/he's transgendered, then okay. If he says he's just a guy in a dress, then that's cool too. The labels are supposed to aid our understanding, so it's always best to find out exactly what the person using them means instead of filling in the label with your own definition.

NicoleScott
10-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Let's not let this thread degrage into another disagreement about definitions.

To the OP's question: some men wear clothing generally intended for females because they identify (to themselves, maybe to others) to some [lesser to greater] extent as female, as opposed to male. It's a gender identity issue, unfairly called gender identity disorder, as if we should be either male or female, but not somewhere between. Or called a disorder because the brain gender doesn't agree with the body gender. I'm not in this camp, so I will defer to others who offer a better description.

Some men (like me) wear women's clothing (and makeup and accessories) because it's exciting, fun, and even arousing. Also called fetish crossdressing, because certain articles have, alone or together, the power to produce sexual excitement.

Being straight (or gay or bi) has do do with who we are attracted to and have sexual activities with, not how we dress.

There are crossdressers and non-crossdressers who are straight, gay, lesbian, or bi.

Chickhe
10-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I think you may be asking 'does he want to be a woman or just like the clothing?'... it depends on the person, you have to ask them. Sexual orientation, gender and sex are all independant...you can be any combination, the only trend I see is there are two majorities, straight crossdressers and another large group that want to fully live as woman.

suchacutie
10-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Yup...that's me! My gender presentation does not change my sexual orientation. I'm interested in women only, and, in fact, one particular woman...my wife!

The rest is a label problem. Transgendered, for sure. Tina is much much more than my male self in a dress. I've used the crazy terminology of "temporarily transexual". When Tina is around, the guy my wife married is on the shelf. My wife treats these "visits" from Tina as girlfriend time, and they stuff they do would bore me to tears!!! It still amazes us!

Debra Russell
10-04-2010, 11:30 AM
For me I dont consider myself Trans but like Loni I idolize women and would love to look like one. I am married, straight and don't desire men, but I have told my wife I would trade places --- for a while any way --- I don't know what catagory this puts me in? I still have manly thoughts and actions ! Debra

Pythos
10-04-2010, 11:37 AM
In my case. I am a straight guy. What that means is, I am a male that likes women. But, that woman does not necessarily need to be overtly feminine looking. How can I expect that when I present a look that is quite feminine. Now if I can find a woman that loves the feminine look but likes to be with men, then I will be a happy man. LOL

I personally do not adopt feminine mannerisms when dressed, I am just me. Kind of a perky goth, with a glare that can put a shot of cold down your spine (okay, just playing there, ha ha ha....*glare* :)) Of course some of my movement is changed or modified by my heels or skirts, but that is because of the garment. There is nothing inherently "feminine" about it. I have seen women in baggy pants with their legs splayed apart in man fashion when seated.

I attended the Folsom street fair where my heterosexuality was pretty much confirmed (well that happened at Rocky Horror many years ago) my heterosexuality. I would love to post pics of my get up, but it was very androgynous, no wig, or forms.

By the way. Any woman caught outside the house in trousers before it became acceptable would also be labeled Transgendered. Something that seems to be glossed over in the history papers.

Babette
10-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Donnasweetheart, the answer to your question will depend on the individual and probably cannot be applied "broad-brush" to all straight cross dressers. Speaking for myself, it is more than just wearing dresses. It includes the full range of emotion, expression or perhaps my general lifestyle. Do I have to be dressed ultra femme all of the time? Certainly not because no matter how I am dressed, I am still the same person. Sure, I like to wear dresses but I'm more comfortable in jeans, sweatpants, and shorts like so many others. Spiritually, I have always been more transgendered than just male. If you asked my wife, she would tell you that is a good thing too.

Babette

suzy1
10-04-2010, 11:46 AM
For me it’s straightforward. When I’m Suzy I am not a man [in my head]. I just enjoy being suzy.
As for my sexual feelings when I am Suzy well, I am a lesbian I suppose.
I have two lives and I love them both. And life is such fun!

Hugs, SUZY

donnasweetheart
10-04-2010, 12:01 PM
You sound just like my husband and I, maybe the term "temporarily transexual" fits us too.

Josey
10-04-2010, 12:04 PM
I cross dress for the enjoyment. I am "straight" thus having no interest in being envolved with men when presenting as a woman. I know my wife likes it that way!

donnasweetheart
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
I have never thought of my husband as transgender. He is my husband who likes to wear woman's clothes sometimes. Maybe it is a fetish because we always have fun and are sexual aroused, however I have never thought of him being transgender, I have always thought of it as being part of him. It is who he is.

Sallee
10-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I like this answer that has been my story I like women so much I try to emulate them

ginat
10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
I have always thought of it as being part of him. It is who he is.

You already have the perfect answer - it's a part of him and it's unique to him. You seem to understand and enjoy that part of him. Don't let classifications or terminology interfere with your relationship.

Lucy_Bella
10-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I never thought of me being Transgender ,How far does your hubby go? Does he do the whole nines?

t-girlxsophie
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM
If i had to be labelled I would have to say I am happy to be termed as Transgender,I aim to try my best to emulate women as a hetro male But At times i just feel more feminine,than just a man in a dress would.It just feels I'm where I am my best.most of my thought process revolves round my feminine side.Just last night as I was due to go drab for work.I sat on the edge of the bed wishing I didnt have to change,feeling the soft fabrics of my Clothes wanting to just stay Sophie,But I got on with the process because i still have the responsibility to provide for my family.And am so much luckier than many others

:hugs:Sophie xx

susan54
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
As a straight cross-dresser, I do not identify with the term transgender. I am a gender tourist. Compare it to someone who loves going to France, being with the French, eating like the French, speaking French like the French, gesticulating like the French, and delighted if peopel assume he is French ... but doesactually imagine he is French, does not want to live in France, and absolutely does not want to become a French citizen.

I dress completely as a woman for days at a time, staying in hotels where they know I am really a man but they take it in their stride. I love looking good, and being good at ACTING like a woman and being perceived as making a god job of that. Actors get a huge kick out of acting but do not believe they are the character.

I do not get a sexual kick out of the clothes but wearing them is compulsive, and even thrilling. Many women also get obsessive about their clothes and lose the place with their credit cards. Some of us want a piece of this excitement and the pleasure of picking the outfit that looks absolutely right. I love shopping for new clothes and trying things on, just as a woman does. Men's clothes are not fun - women's are - and not just for women.

But everyone is different.

Inna
10-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Act of putting womans clothing 99% of time by a man translates into him thinking of himself as herself during the act. If so, then when crossdressed he is she and attracted to woman makes her lesbian. I think it is important to acknowledge duality of psyche state present within individual. I go as far as to describe first stage of transgenderism as "Dual sexual personality", the most simple engagement into crossdressing to express feminine desire in totality embracing full immersion into presenting and feeling as a woman through dressing weather sexual or sensual.
I believe that beyond this stage lies more fluid state where such duality isn't as well defined and overlaps, spilling onto different aspects of psyche and daily life, then the individual is trully entered into transgendered state.

Rianna Humble
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
If your a straight cross dresser, does that mean your transgender or does it mean that your just a man that likes to ware dresses?

Some CD's balk at coming under the Transgender umbrella - even though the term only means that they cross the gender barrier. Other people accept that Transgender encompasses the whole spectrum from a man who likes to wear some articles of women's clothing to those of us who were born with the wrong body. If you re thinking of your husband in particular, why not ask him how he sees himself. IMNSHO, labels are only useful hen they help understand something, not when they try to pigeon hole us.

I've heard it said that "transgendered" is an umbrella term that includes crossdressers and transexuals. I don't object to having the label put on me, but I don't use it for myself. In my view, "trans" means "across", like you're on the other side, and I feel more like I'm stuck in the middle with a foot in each camp.

You are right that trans means cross, but it does not mean beyond. When you are In Transit, you have not yet reached your destination. If you order something and it is in transport that means it has not yet been delivered. A Trnsatlantic liner is one that is used to cross the Atlantic, not just one that has already arrived.

However, if you don't want to think of yourself as crossing the gender boundaries, then who am I to argue that you should?

Janet Bern
10-04-2010, 02:18 PM
I like this discription. "A cross dresser is in fact a man #1. So if he is straight, it means he does not have sex with a man any more then a non cross dressing man does.
Now as to the second part. It's more complicated then simply saying we are men that just like to wear dresses".

Starr
10-04-2010, 02:34 PM
The thing is, a big hairy, fat, bald, and ugly man in a pair of panties bra and dress... nothing else.. no makeup of wig, no fem look what so ever can be classed as a crossdresser...but from what i have seen here most are much more into being very girly, shaving, tanning, having our hair done or our wigs. Make up, even make overs at dept. stores...

So how do you really label it..????????????

sissystephanie
10-04-2010, 02:39 PM
To the Sweetheart,

We are all transgendered, since we all have a some of both sexes in us. Those of us who are male obviously have more male hormones than female. Females, like you, have more female hormones. Some males have an extra bit of female hormones and thus may want to look, act like, and/or be a woman. But many crossdressers, like myself, wear feminine clothes just because we like to! Not for any sexual or other reason. Just because we like the fit, feel, and look of the feminine things. I am totally straight, and was married for almost 50 years, with 2 children, before cancer took my dear wife. She knew and was totally supportive of my crossdressing!

Rhonda Jean
10-04-2010, 03:46 PM
All good descriptions here. Please let me add a caveat...

It appears that you have a husband who you love and understand. Pleas don't get caught up in the labels. It becomes horrendously complicated. Love and understand your husband for who he/she is. Once you try to classify him/her, you can fall into the trap of becoming so knowledgeable about all the nuances that, while your understanding of all that lies within the gender spectrum increases, you understand him less. He/she is an individual. It would be wonderful if you could let him be that, without the weight of an entire classification of gender dysphoria to live up or down to. I once had a Labrador Retriever who wouldn't fetch, and a Beagle who would. I often think we and or SO's would be better off knowing less what we are supposed to be like and just be ourselves.

Sedona
10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm more a "guy who likes to wear a dress." I've never identified truly with being transgendered, as I love being a straight guy, and live in a masculine world very easily. It's just something I do for stress relief, comfort, and sexual gratification at times.

CalamityJane
10-04-2010, 04:48 PM
I am a straight guy who just likes to wear clothes of the opposite sex....because they are of the opposite sex. Your question got me thinking so I took a look at the definition for the word "transgender" and would have to conclude that broadly speaking I do fit in that category.
I would also like to add as some other replies have mentioned I am not overly keen on been labeled by a word or combination of words. I am of the belief that people are far more complex and indeed individual than can be summed up by a few words, and worse still are those who misinterpret these words and put a negative spin on them. I'm just happy been who I am and what I am.....just wish more people could feel the same.

joanieb
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Donna, and what a sweetheart for asking such a very important question.

You have to separate gender and sex to know the real answer. Whom you are attracted to has nothing to do with what is between your legs. I say this because of the homosexual community. Whom they are attracted to is who they are attracted to, which is not societies expection of who they should be attracted to because of what is between their legs.

Having said that. Most "cross dressers" are heterosexual. But most Transgendered people can also be heterosexual, meaning they are attracted to the opposite of thier precieved gender or they can be gay, Which technically makes them heterosexual. Very often though those who are somewhere on the gender questioning spectrum have at sometime been questioning or experimental with their sexual acts. This would label them bi sexual if you were wanting to label someone. The other issue that comes into play is; Are they taking Hormons. Hormons can inefect change a person sexual preference. So I would say that being transgendered only means that you wish others to identify you as female. Your sexual appetite is your preference.

joanieb
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM
And to answer you a little bit more specifically. I identify as Transgendered. I do not wish to have GRS, nor do I take hormons. My sexual interests are in women, though I have had experiences with men that I have enjoyed. I primarily like to be in and around women on personal and intimate levels as I feel closer to them as one. Men to me are just sex objects. LOL

PrettyFlowingGown
10-04-2010, 05:14 PM
i'm the same as loni

andreana2.0
10-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I have to agree with Sedona, but everyone is different

Angela Rose
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi Donnasweetheart,
(transvestite term in the U.S., crossdresser in countries such as England)
Thanks for asking!
Dana

I have to tell you that the term cross dresser is never or very seldom used in England. You are either a TV (transvestite) or a TS (transexual) The term Transgender is just catching on in the UK and it can be described as a church with many chapels. I think that our lifestyles would be more acceptable if some of us would stop denying that we are not this or that and stop insisting we are something else. With so many self imposed labels the general public are quite bewildered

Barbara Dugan
10-04-2010, 09:05 PM
I am not straight .. but I think that the transgender term still apply to me

robynanderson
10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I think you should know that many crossdressers consider themselves straight and do this as a sexual thrill (Its called being a transvestite) but they are in no way attracted to men. To many (but certainly not all) it is nothing more than another way to get off.

Sedona
10-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I think you should know that many crossdressers consider themselves straight and do this as a sexual thrill (Its called being a transvestite) but they are in no way attracted to men. To many (but certainly not all) it is nothing more than another way to get off.

Very true. I'll attest that this was me from about 15 to maybe 25 or so. Probably the same for a lot of us.

RikkiHauser
10-04-2010, 11:41 PM

I consider myself just a crossdresser. I'm a straight guy that likes to wear dresses and lingerie. I don't wear wigs. I don't wear makeup. I don't look like, act like, or try to be a woman. Although I do consider myself a male lesbian more than anything. :)

lingerieLiz
10-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Let's make it easy. Separate all the issues and quit trying to define them together into groups. If someone has blue eyes and brown hair and another person has brown eyes and brown hair. Do we say the blue eyed person has brown eyed tendencies? We accept all the deviations in physical differences, but fight to keep sociological differences lumped together. Many of us liked to wear or identified with women's clothes before we knew about sex. Being gay has nothing to do with wearing clothes of a certain type or we would know who every gay person was by their clothes. Wanting to be a woman is not about clothes. That you can fit into more than one group is no more unusual than having a certain color hair, eyes, or skin tone.

The happiest day for my psychology professor was the day he found out that I wasn't going to be one of his classes again. He always tried to group traits, but couldn't show that the correlations were consistent. The above discussion proves that because you are one does not mean that you are another. So why try to explain it. If you identify with women's clothes that's it. If you are gay you are gay. If you are both you are gay and identify with women's clothes. In both cases you may not want to be a woman. I'm not gay, but I would guess a lot of gays do not want to become women. On the other hand some who want to become women aren't interested in men.

Mistybtm
10-05-2010, 12:23 AM
I have never thought of my husband as transgender. He is my husband who likes to wear woman's clothes sometimes. Maybe it is a fetish because we always have fun and are sexual aroused, however I have never thought of him being transgender, I have always thought of it as being part of him. It is who he is.

I think you just answered your own question

Christy_M
10-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi Donnasweetheart,

The level of feelings that one has will vary with each individual going from just wanting to wear the outfits for sexual reasons (transvestite term in the U.S., crossdresser in countries such as England) to someone who feels very feminine at times but lives and works as a guy because they have to or enjoy that side of themselves as well.

While I agree that there are those who dress for sexual reasons, I don't think that CD/TV only relates to this specific point on the spectrum. There are many other points on the transgendered spectrum (and I have finally accepted that I fall under this term) that people label as CD/TV. Another poster stated that they don't like labels and I have to agree. We identify with our own selves in a manner that keeps us sane and those identifications don't always wrap themselves into an already established label which usually comes prepackaged with a stereotype that is less than positive.

Being straight (or gay or bi) has do do with who we are attracted to and have sexual activities with, not how we dress.

Amen, sister. I agree with this and couldn't have stated it better. Lose the stereotypes and everyone will be freer to be themselves.

You nailed it. It is part of him just as his left arm is part of him. It doesn't have to define him as a person or you as a couple. It is something that makes him complete and it is reassuring to hear that you have accepted this part of him. My wife hasn't quite accepted me for this yet but that is probably more becasue of the hiding for so many years and the feelings of mistrust becasue of it.

Act of putting womans clothing 99% of time by a man translates into him thinking of himself as herself during the act.

Wow, this is deep. While I agree that there are those that do disconnect from their reality and become their feminine self, in my opinion, I think this is an extreme. I recently watched the movie Peacock that really focussed on duality of psyche but in general, I don't believe that most people have an alter ego that subplants the predominant psyche and takes center stage. I am including LBGT in this statement but I am not excluding any other personality trait that changes a persons moods, behaviors and/or emotions. Of course I am not schooled in psycology and have no data or research to bolster my opinions. I just have my own life experiences which have left me the TG person I am today.

To the OP, I would like to personally thank you for asking the question. Too many people make assumptions and believe stereotypes without getting educated on the subject. If we could lose all stereotypes, the whole world would be freer to live their lives they way they feel most comfortable.

Christy

Tara1967
10-05-2010, 12:53 AM
In my opinion, the question answers itself. If one is a Straight crossdresser, then he desires women when he is dressed. Now I know I may open a can of worms here, and I DO, base this on my own personal experience, and I do leave it open that I could just be wrong, but I feel and this is just an opinion, that all crossdressers have at least had the thoughts of: am I gay, am I bi????? or maybe only in fantasy or just the thought therefore. But do we think that for the lifetimer CD's, that some here have never had a thought of being bi, even to a small degree??
But to the op here, a straight crossdresser may be one that has never endulged with another male, but I feel that a cd has at least had the thought of it ,but kept it to himself.

paulaloha
10-05-2010, 02:06 AM
I consider myself just a crossdresser. I'm a straight guy that likes to wear dresses and lingerie. I don't wear wigs. I don't wear makeup. I don't look like, act like, or try to be a woman. Although I do consider myself a male lesbian more than anything. :)

I couldn't agree more! I feel 100% straight from a male point of view, and I still love women even when I'm dressed in their clothes. I think the term male lesbian fits it fairly well though I have never heard it put like that. Thanks for that Rikki!

I just like to dress up in womens clothes, but I never want anyone but a woman. I'm sure your husband is the same and is totally in love with you.
I know I would love to have a girl that was totally OK with me wearing girls clothes from time to time!

cdsteph
10-05-2010, 03:55 AM
"" I once had a Labrador Retriever who wouldn't fetch, and a Beagle who would. I often think we and or SO's would be better off knowing less what we are supposed to be like and just be ourselves. ""
Rhonda..... I love your comment! Nail on the head!
As for myself, I dislike labels but would be an heterosexual male who enjoys his feminine side....
I work in the field of drug and alcohol addictions where labels abound, often innacurate to the point of being damaging, an evil necessity of our society, so when I hear labels applied, my first response is to question them, to ignore the labels and to enjoy the person...the story, the pain, the joy.... and to help them along their path.
So....enjoy your chosen path, lose the labels, be who you want to be......
<whew....gotta go gets me a guinness..>

erickka
10-05-2010, 06:06 AM
I personally, LOVE women. I love everything about them. As a matter of fact I kinda idolize them. I have been married to the same wonderful girl for 28 years. I also LOVE women's clothes, which is why I wear them. I guess, being straight as an arrow, I am what Susan called a "Gender Tourist". I have no interest in transitioning or ever experimenting with another male, but as the rest have said, still fall under that Transgendered "umbrella".

katewithcurves
10-05-2010, 10:49 AM
First of all, thanks to everyone who has posted. Clearly, the best answer is "it varies." In my case, I started dressing because I envy women's bodies and sexuality. I am 100% straight, but when I am dressed I am a straight female. As a guy, the idea of being with a man disgusts me. When I am fully dressed however, I want to make love to a man as a woman with all the right equipment and openings. When I dress, the point is to get "in character."

Emily Ann Brown
10-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Maybe you asked the wrong person this question. Ask you man. Ask him how he feels when he dresses. Don't be surprised if he don't know. I think a lot of us took a long time coming up with that answer.

Em

Sarah Michelle
10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I am gender dysphoric. I have an inner facet who is completely feminine and an exterior structure that is male. I idolize the feminine form, style, being and mystique. But as I have allowed my inner self to grow, my sexual identity has become very blurry. I am a closet dresser who is married so my opportunities for exploring are truly limited. It is the dysphoria that I believe would be most troubling to my wife if I opened up to her. I would undertake to live completely as a woman (until I achieved a measure of clarity) if I could do it without hurting those who haven't asked to be hurt.
The end comment; gender isn't a continuum, it's a sphere, sex is the arrow shot through the middle of it...

Electra
10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
If you're a straight cross dresser, does that mean you're transgender or does it mean that you're just a man that likes to wear dresses?
Sorry being pedantic in replacing your text with the correct forms in red, but to answer your question it does not mean transgender and you have actually answered the question yourself in beginning the sentence as you have done.

charlie
10-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Hello Donna!
If you crossdress you are transgendered to some degree. Just because you crossdress does not mean that you are bi-sexual or gay. The vast majority of crossdressers are not gay. The amount of gay crossdressers is the same number as the amount of gays in society as a whole, about 10%. Your man is trnasgendered, but probably not gay.

Emma England
10-06-2010, 07:37 AM
A crossdresser comes within the transgender community.

Gender and sexuality are different. Saying that a man is gay simply because he puts on a skirt is the same as saying that a woman who wears pants MUST be a lesbian. (See how ridiculous this sounds?)

For me personally, I have always been attracted to women. I find women and their clothes beautiful.

Jilmac
10-06-2010, 08:44 AM
As some of the other girls have said, "transgender" is an umbrella term which covers the entire realm of gender altering. I myself am a straight male who thoroughly enjoys wearing feminine attire at every opportunity, a crossdresser by definition, but transgendered as well. Although I have no desire to become a full time girl, the time I spend as Jill has become an integrel part of my life with no adverse consequences.

Jaclyn NM
10-06-2010, 04:25 PM
As for me, I'm just a man who loves to wear lingere, stockings, and high heels in particular, but I also love dressing up all the way.

sometimes_miss
10-06-2010, 05:56 PM
For each of us it will be a bit different; I wear female clothing because I was conditioned to believe I was supposed to be female while growing up. Apparently, sometimes when things happen during our developmental age, they become permanently imbedded into your mind and personality, whether it coincides with our sexual orientation or not. So while I am definitely male, with all the stereotypical thought patterns, etc., I constantly feel like I should behave and dress as a female. While actually being physically female would make certain parts of my life easier because it would be more congruent with those feelings, there are other parts of life that would not match up as well; I don't like to sit and chat, I usually only talk when there's a direction to the conversation. I am 'fix it' oriented; when someone brings up a problem, I want to fix it, not just talk about it. Lots more, you can find the differences in male/female thoughts and behavior in some of Barbara and Alan Pease's books.

Annaliese2010
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
If your a straight cross dresser, does that mean your transgender or does it mean that your just a man that likes to ware dresses?If you're a straight man who xdresses cuz you sometimes feel a strong attachment to a female aspect inherent to your inner self - and when in this mindset if you remain attracted only to girls then... if you think about, he's a male-lesbian at that point. That's what I am so I know what that feels like. Well, unless he's just xdressing and doesn't really feel an inner feminine presence - in which case it's just his particular kink. Imo.

NathalieX66
10-06-2010, 09:13 PM

Yeah, and....

OK, let's talk about all the things women do, some all at once, some just piecemeal:
-grow hair long
-wear hair in braids/buns/hair clips...whatever is trendy at the moment.
-Dye or highlight hair
-shave legs
-get ears pierced & wear earrings
-get pedicures & wear whatever nail polish you feel like
- get manicures, same as above
-wear dressers
-wear skirts
-wear high heel shoes
-wear sexy and/or sheer lingerie
-wear lacy or satin or silk or sheer underthings
-wear revealing clothing
-have a sexy shoe collection that rivals Imelda Marcos.
-choose whatever earrings/bracelets/necklaces/scarves you want to wear today.
-put on makeup: foundation/rouge/mascara/eyeshadow/lipstick, etc.
-go to a spa
-take bubble baths
-have everyone adore you when you were a little girl because you wore the cutest dress.
-pick a prom dress
-pick a wedding gown
-pick a cocktail dress or a little black dress, or something glamorous for New Years Eve

You get the point.
As a for me, a straight guy, I want to do it too.....you know.....all the myriad of things that women do.

Meanwhile, women drive racecars, fly assault helicopters in combat missions, and are CEO's in Fortune 500 corporations, and own their own Harley Davidson motorcyles.

...I'm just a dude like most other dudes. I like sports. I like guns. I like restoring old cars...........I also enjoying having a feminine side, and doing what most women do. Call it weird, unusual, I don't care.
It is what it is.

faltenrock
10-07-2010, 02:42 AM
Nathalie, you've expressed it very well - thanks, I totally agree

Angela Rose
10-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Regarding my previous posting on this subject. Why oh why do you the girls continue to question what label you come under and question very deeply why you are like you are. I think most of you will be much happier if you just accept the fact that you are what you are and get on with your two lives. I know I do and am.

Brendastevens47
10-09-2010, 08:57 AM
I have a strong attraction to both woman and woman's clothing. I love my male role, but I also dearly love my fem side. Dressing excites me, girls excite me....am I a transgendered lesbian...?? I do know life is wonderful, and anytime I can slip on a bra, silky panties, a garterbelt and nylons, a lovely silky slip, a soft flowing dress, heels, some makeup and jewelery and wig...I look at myselft in the mirror and just am in awe, that there I am...a woman. Oh I love the look. I love the feeling, the sound of heels, the shape of my breasts, the wonderful feeling of soft silky lingerie as I walk and sit, to cross my legs, to see the lacy edge of my slip...my mind just goes crazy...I Love it...Love it

Rianna Humble
10-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I love my male role, but I also dearly love my fem side. .... am I a transgendered lesbian...??

Are you transgendered? Yes - as a cross-dresser you go beyond the boundaries of your assigned gender.

Are you a lesbian? IMNSHO no because you are a man - as one SO put it a man plus, but still a man.

janice murray
10-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm a genetic male, but I've always regarded myself as female.
I dress fully as often as I can. I would start living full time today if circumstances permitted.
As for a label?
I suppose I'm TG.

Alice B
10-09-2010, 02:13 PM
I would like to say I'm a man that like to dress as a woman. When dressed I want to look and feel like a woman, but am also very comfortable with my male persona. So where that puts me is not important to me. I'm old enough to realize I do not have a great number of years left and want to make the most of those I do have.

Jennifer Devine
10-09-2010, 06:54 PM
I am a straight man who loves to dress up when i get the opportunity to which is not so often these days. I have had feelings about wanting to be a woman but my family don't approve of it and it would complicate my life further if i ever went ahead with any sex change operation.

Debutante
10-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi Donna,

To give you my answer to your question, I'm more transgendered, than a man who likes to wear dresses. I feel I'm more female than male in my mental makeup. But I'm straight too. I'm not into men. It's just how I feel. I think the term transgendered fits who I am, better than a straight crossdresser.

Renee

I think Donna says it for me too... if one as a CDer looks for the dee[er womanly, feminine feelings, identifying as a woman,
at least for a duration of time(then going back to male mode), I would call this going beyond "just a crossdresser", into a more transgendered state.

Christina Horton
10-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Well I'm a straight cross dresser and I'm TG . I don't want SRS but I am female more then male Like 70% female and 30% male. I identify as female more. SO I might have confused you more but I like women only and there's that. Hope I helped.