PDA

View Full Version : Came out to a GG friend today and it was great

Ashleythenewgirl
10-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Despite floating in the pink hazy clouds lately, I have given one thing some serious thought. There is one GG friend of mine who I have considered coming out to for many reasons, mainly to be able to talk with someone about my new self.
I've known her for two years now and actually worked together. We have become really good friends, at times I have referred to her as a sister. Before doing this, I spoke with my wife to make sure she was not uncomfortable in any way with it. Due to the wife's comfort level right now, she thought it would be good if I had someone to talk with and supported my idea.
So we met today on my friend's lunch break and I told her I had been making some decisions and changes in my life, some big ones. I pulled out a few photos of Ashley from this weekend and said including this. She just looked at them and said who's this? She honestly did not recognize me! Once I said something she realized it but it sure was cool.
Anyway we had a great talk and she was not only supportive but appreciative I told her. One of the first things she said was "I am so taking you shopping!" and we talked "shop" for awhile. And we are already making plans to go to Club Sin here in town.....
I knew I this would be a good decision and she was very happy about this whole thing. This is someone I trust implicity and have a ton of respect for.
And I got my eyebrows waxed today! Less of the cro magnon look goin on finally..
Ashley

JenniferDiaz
10-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow, that's amazing! I'm glad it worked out for you!

ChastityInFemme
10-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Must be a thrill to know you have a for sure co-shopper!

Cassandra Lynn
10-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow Ash, you are on a major league roll aren't you? Very glad this turned out so well for you, nothing beats acceptance of this kind, and having a shopping partner is awesome.
Kudos on the brow job too, as i said before i've plucked so much away by now, there prolly isn't much need for the wax job, well it would be easier to get all the fine hairs.

Oh, if you should go to Club Sin on this sunday night, i'll be there. I meet with a group (non-CD) of locals there some sundays.
Keep the good times rolling and i'll be seeing you wednesday morning then.
mj (Cassie)

AKAMichelle
10-04-2010, 07:01 PM
It is so nice to have friends who accept you and more importantly want to give you that advice while shopping. :D

Ashleythenewgirl
10-04-2010, 07:34 PM
It's great having friends like her. She is special! Just got an email from her about a salon to go to here in town.
@ Cassie- when you're ready I can send you the name of the salon I went to today. She was so supportive there and did a great job. I needed her help badly.
And yes...having that girlfriend to shop with helps! Especially being color deficient. What a relief. She's already planning our first shopping trip hehehehehe

paulaloha
10-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Wow Ashley, that is so great! I'm happy this is working out for you!

I really wish I had a GG friend that could help me and go shopping with me. I just don't know of any girls that I trust that much right now.

I hope you have fun on your shopping trip!

But I did want to ask, you said your wife was OK with you telling your friend and shopping with her and such. Does your wife not talk about any of this stuff or do anything with you in regards to crossdressing?

Ashleythenewgirl
10-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks Paulaloha! For the most part my wife has not wanted to talk about it in terms of make up help, going shopping things like that. As she told me early on, "I can't be your girlfriend and go shopping with you". Now there have been times where he had some nice moments, like when I joked about getting good at CDing and getting a job as an exotic dancer (trust me, total joke).
We did have a great talk Sunday night about my first night out en femme (Saturday). She asked to see a pic of me, so I showed her one. Her response at first apprehensive but then as we talked more I told her how happy I feel in general and how much self acceptance I have in general (not just in the area of CDing). It was a great talk, to the point that we discussed which shoes I wore (not visible in the pic) and she said "see those heels up in my shoe holder? That third pair in- they are too big so why don't you have them." I was shocked but went with it....so my point is that she seems to be more accepting each day, especially since she sees positive changes in my life.

Jorja
10-05-2010, 09:57 AM
It is a great feeling when someone accepts you for who you are and wants to share with you.

As for your wife, be sure to show your love and respect for her. Give her time and space and she will come around.

Ashleythenewgirl
10-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks Jorja. Yes, it is a great feeling and that is one of the things I told my girlfriend yesterday.
I've been trying to do little things for her...around the house etc. Make sure I am on top of chores and all. She really is an awesome person and I know while this is difficult for her she is supporting me.