PDA

View Full Version : GID Diagnose

Michelle I
10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Another meeting with my therapist, we discussed several points from last week. I asked her since she has met both M and Michelle what did she think. She said it would be hard to judge both since she saw M under some emotional circumstances, she said that when Michelle was there, she saw a very confident woman, who knows where she wants to go in the future. We discussed why I decided to seek help when I did, I told her that after attending a SCC presentation, I felt like I needed to talk to someone. Then after texting a GG friend on Friday night and admitting I did not want to go back to being a boy, I knew I needed help. We discussed treatment that is when I asked “OK what is your diagnosis?” She said for the insurance company it’s “depression”, the second and more important diagnosis is GID Gender Identity Disordered. We then talked about hormones and she will get me a referral to a doctor. I could not believe what I had heard, someone else knowing that I had GID. I am not sure if I remember a lot after she said that, now I feel scared, happy, alone, sad, happy, fearful. Talk about emotions running away with your mind

Rianna Humble
10-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi Michelle, thank you for sharing that with us. I'm glad your therapist has recognised your GID and is willing to help you address it.

Danlp
10-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Michelle,
My heart goes to you. What a decission!!!!!!!!!! Please consider everything. I don't know your cicumstansees, I hope you can find the wisdom to do the right thing for you.

Danielle

Michelle I
10-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Danielle, this not going be a decision I rush into. I will look at everything and make the decision that will be best for me. Thanks to you and Rianna for your words of support.

Michelle