PDA

View Full Version : The right wig

cd_becca
09-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi,

I'm at the stage of getting rid of those old cheap and nasty nylon wigs. I really need to find a wig that suits me. I do not live near a shop (that I know of) to try them on.

What shape of wig suits a certain face shape. I have quite a round face, I'm not especially keep on long wigs though. Medium to short I can handle. But what colour? What style? Curly, straight? My own natural hair is brown with a red mix through it. Generally it is straight but does curl a bit when it is too long.

What would you suggest?

Becca
x

Lady Jayne
09-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Without seeing a picture Becca, it's really difficult to say but as for colour the key is to get somthing that will match your skin tone. I'm sure some of the other girls will advise you on styles for certain face shapes. but remember rules are made to be broken so if you like it do it!

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-06-2005, 12:07 AM
The Raquel Welch wig website (http://www.hairuwear.com/csig/consumer/rw/rw01_01.html) has a useful feature indicating which styles are best for which faces. You'll see it if you roll over the thumbnail photos of each wig. It also has tips for figuring out your facial shape. A good way to do this is to stand in front of a mirror and use a lipstick (or equivalent) to draw pairs of dots to mark the edges of your forehead, cheeks, jawline and chin.

As Jayne said, without a photo it's tough to give some specific advice. However, it's more likely that you've got a broad (wide) face than a round one -- true round faces are roughly equal in height and width and actually not that common. That said, what works well for round faces often works well for broad faces.

With a broad face (like me), it's useful to have a bit of width on the side, with some hair curling back in, which narrows the face. It's a style that Rose O'Donnell has often worn (http://images.google.com/images?q=rosie%20o'donnell&num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&sa=N&tab=wi). You also want an off-center part.

Henry Margu's Allure wig is good and one that I wear a lot. The one in my photo is Noriko's Candi and their Tess wig is also a good one.