PDA

View Full Version : I thought I was outed!

danam
10-05-2010, 07:08 AM
So I'm sitting at work and my cell phone rings. A crackly, old, slow drawl (exactly the voice of a creepy stalker!) says, "Is this Dana Matthews phone?". My heart stops. This is very, very bad. I hang up. The phone rings again. I feel my pulse race and my head spinning. It goes to voice mail. I stop to think. Someone has found me. Someone has made the connection between my YouTube videos. I suppose it is possible to find me. But it would take research, savvy, and, most importantly, energy to find me. This is very, very bad. I walk in a daze to the hallway to check the voicemail. What will my future bring? I am in serious trouble. I check the mail. It is an expected call from a service repair shop. The man merely butchered my real name horribly and my imagination filled in the gaps to make it sould like Dana Matthews. So I am okay. Everything is fine. Whoa. What a whirlwind!

larry
10-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Whew scary.. Thanks for the early morning chuckle. So easy to imagine..

Maria in heels
10-05-2010, 07:41 AM
jeez...just make all of our blood pressures spike! glad that it was a false alarm

tanyalynn51
10-05-2010, 08:56 AM
I think I would've crawled under my desk in the fetal position- you at least had the presence of mind to figure it out.

SherriePall
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
One of the hazards of feminizing our male names? It would give me quite a start, too.

Jorja
10-05-2010, 09:39 AM
My what an interesting web we weave when we have secrets to keep. :)

Unfortunately, in this day and age it isn't that difficult to track someone down if you really want to. One day it will happen for real. It gets to be such a job trying to keep our secret that we tend to forget and leave little clues behind sometimes. So what if it does happen? Just tell them that you like wearing the cloths and it is none of thier business what you do on your time.

danam
10-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Thank you all! The really scary part was the thought that the line had been crossed between Dana and the "other" life (or "real" life). Would I deal with the stalker as Dana or as my other self? Would I tell him, as a woman, that this isn't appropriate and he would have to stop...or would I become a rather hostile male and go that route? I suppose that's a question for deep reflection!!

But, in the end, it was all imaginary.