PDA

View Full Version : Maryanne's first day at work - Monday 11th Ocober 2010

Maryanne_sa
10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi all,

This coming Monday, I go to work as Maryanne for the first time! I am sooooo excited, but a little bit apprehensive as well.

My Manager has been absolutely fantastic and supportive in everyway, and this has made a huge difference to my confidence in going to work as Maryanne. She has really taken it on herself to do everything possible to support me and smooth the way. Without her, I don't know if I could do it. She has taken it on herself to discuss this with everyone who needed to know,and have meetings with my colleagues to tell them what would be happening.

I have been on leave for the past two weeks, as I had decided the best thing would be to go on leave and then go back to work as Maryanne. My Manager also thought this was a good idea. Whilst on leave, I had a final meeting with my Manager to go over things. We met away from the office. I used the opportunity to introduce her to Maryanne. She said that I looked totally different, very presentable, and not too much make-up. She also said that I looked totally at ease, which I was. I really enjoyed the talk with her and 'introducing' her to Maryanne. She said that she could not imagine what I must be feeling. I told her that it is like being reborn. It is like you have been locked up all your life and suddenly, you are set free, and you can be your true self, and enjoy all of the things that you have been denied. To be able to live your life the way it should be, and to be able to shop, try on clothes and shoes, to not feel guilty. :)

If you have a moment on Monday. Think of me, and my new life. To those of you who are still struggling with your own issues, take heart, I am doing this at quite a late stage in my life, so there is hope. My only regret is that it has taken me far to long to get here, but of course there are valid reasons for this, principally family, but I am not going to go there now.

Then as if the above were not enough, I have my first appointment with the Gender Clinic on the 19th. October is the month for me.

Luv to all

Maryanne.

Inna
10-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Congrats Maryanne, how wonderful to be able to find such understanding and support. There is love out there and hope for better days ahead. You must feel ecstatic but I understand your feeling apprehensive, just like the first day but only that much more important. I am sure it will be a day you will remember fondly. Good luck and have fun!

Faith_G
10-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Congratulations! :hugs: Be confident, be yourself, and you will do great! I'll be praying for a wonderful day for you on Monday.

Rianna Humble
10-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi Maryanne,

You already know you have my support, I will be thinking of you on Monday. :bighug:

I'm sure with all the work and preparation you have put in you will be an outstanding success. I'm really glad that the appointment with your manager went so well even if I am jealous of you getting the elusive appointment at Charing Cross. Please be sure to let us know how that goes too.

Only 5 days now to :Party2: time!

Jorja
10-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Congratulations Maryanne!!! As has already been said be yourself, be confident, and go get them girl. You have my full support and I will be thinking of you on Monday even if there is a 5 hour time diffrence

Jeanna
10-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Congratulations Maryanne. You are brave and I'm envious that you have the courage and give us inspiration to be who we are. Thank you for sharing. Knock em dead girl!
Jeanna

Jennifer Marie P.
10-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Congrats Maryann your new life begins Monday be confident and you will be fine.

morgan51
10-07-2010, 07:44 AM
congrats. I am praying for you to have a great day!

SherriePall
10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Good for you. We'll be thinking of you next Monday and praying that all goes well with your new life.

Cassi3
10-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Congrats Maryanne! Be yourself and confident, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Victoria Anne
10-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Maryanne you know I will be thinking of you and sending you my best thoughts and wishes , be yourself and you will be fine . :hugs:

Kaitlyn Michele
10-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Maryann i am sooo happy for you!! I applaud your courage and determination. remember that your new life is your real life

good and bad things will happen....but now its going to feel like "your own" ups and downs ...which is a wonderful and miraculous thing!!

allthebest
kaitlyn

Maryanne_sa
10-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Thank you so much all of you, for the lovely kind words of encouragement. What lovely people we have in this forum. I for one feel we are sooo lucky to have each other for support and friendship. It's just so lovely to know that there are people out there who care and support you, even though we have never met, and are unlikely to.

You are all special.

Hugs,

Maryanne

CharleneT
10-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Hiya, it is going to be a very wonderful day ... just remember to breath . . . ;)

The most important thing:

:hf:

"Mary"
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm very happy for you. Good luck.

JamieLH
10-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Congrats...you must have so many different emotions running through your head! But it must ease your mind knowing your boss has done almost everything she could to help you.

Good luck!

StaceyJane
10-07-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm so happy for you! :)

Ashlie Marie
10-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Congrats Hun I'm very happy and proud of you :-) It makes me remember my first day as Ash a little more then a year ago.. what a fun day that was. It will be fun for you everyone will want to come over and meet the new girl.. :-)

pamela_a
10-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Congratulations. As others have said go and be confident. Believing in yourself is contagious, the more you believe in you the more others will believe in you.

pmcohen
10-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Congratulations, MaryAnne

Just be yourself and I'm sure it will be a wonderful and memorable day.

Paula Cohen