PDA

View Full Version : Crossing legs

jackyfoo
10-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Hi,

I kinda new here. I want to share a weird feminine obsession I have and hear everyone's view on it.

Since I'm young, I've always love alot of girly stuff like skirts and lipsticks. But more than that I love how a girl sits so femininely with her legs crossed and that's why I always sit with my legs crossed. But then later, I realized the double crossed legs, that means crossing my legs twice, once at the knee and another at the ankle, some go even further by crossing at the feet makng it 3 times!

When I look at women double crossing their legs so femininely and tightly, I got so envious of them! I want to be able to cross that way comfortably but my "stuff" between just get in the way! How I wish I don't have those things inbetween so that I could interlock my legs neat and femininely. See at 30 sec : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkP9EVEhllU So femininely isn't is?

Anyone share the same admiration for crossing of legs?

Emma England
10-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Just tried the double crossing myself and find it uncomfortable.

(Maybe I am not as flexible as some)

Steph.TS
10-07-2010, 07:27 AM
oddly I double cross sometimes my 'stuff' doesn't bother me, then again I'm wearing fairly tight panties that might be keeping them out of the way...

jackyfoo
10-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I wished my stuff don't get in my way. Maybe we need to practice more to become more flexible.

Chari
10-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Absolutely, I understand your "wish to doublecross your legs"! It takes practice and some tight undergarments, but after abit of training, the "stuff" seems to shrink and just moves to where it is comfortable.

Pythos
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
GAH!!! Yet another way the creator has designed my body slightly opposite of the typical build of my assigned gender!!.. LOL

I just tried that...and did it, no issues. Honestly though, it is not comfortable in the least, and I would think a grand way of having your hose by your ankles ruined by the hardware of sandles, or shoes.

Traci Elizabeth
10-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I have always double-crossed my legs. It's as natural as walking to me. And also very comfortable for me and is something I do most of the time.

jackyfoo
10-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Wow no issues and natural, I better practice more so that one day I could double cross my legs comfortably. I'll try some tight undergarments and see if it helps.

Traci Elizabeth
10-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Wow no issues and natural, I better practice more so that one day I could double cross my legs comfortably. I'll try some tight undergarments and see if it helps.

Yep! It might have somthing to do with the fact that although I am only 5' 7", I have very long thin legs and am small boned. Nevertheless, double crossed leg is the typical way I sit. Have no idea why other than it just feels "right."

Cassi3
10-07-2010, 02:37 PM
I've always crossed my legs and sometimes I double cross them too.

Bree-asaurus
10-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm another who has always been able to double cross my legs comfortably. I guess I'm just thin and have wide-ish hip bones.

My Lady Marsea
10-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Well there's like another thing I can't do,drat. I like tried the double cross thingie and there is no way Jose that I can do it, old body won't like allow it or I'm missing some leg parts. I can however Indian sit on the floor & get up. Does that count like a feminine trait lol???

CharleneT
10-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I can, but I don't normally. When I sit that way I feel like it isn't me. I think it is a matter of the shape of your legs and loose ligaments etc... not so much your "stuff". Try tucking and see if that helps.

Traci Elizabeth
10-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Well there's like another thing I can't do,drat. I like tried the double cross thingie and there is no way Jose that I can do it, old body won't like allow it or I'm missing some leg parts. I can however Indian sit on the floor & get up. Does that count like a feminine trait lol???

Indian style...that must be an Arizona thing! I have not tried that since I went to a retreat in Sedona!

Faith_G
10-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I can but don't.

I think that capability relies more on having skinny legs than on one's birth sex.

Kelly Greene
10-07-2010, 10:21 PM
I have managed to double cross my legs after some effort and I can say it gets easier with practice.

melissaK
10-09-2010, 07:18 AM
In my gymnastics classes the common belief was flexibility is set by puberty. If you aren't doing flexibility moves through puberty, you probably aren't going to be able to do them afterwards. And there is medical truth in this because at puberty the juvenile pelvis pieces solidify to become the adult bony pelvis we think of in skeletons at Halloween.

Lord knows we all differ in degrees, but anatomically, a genetic female has a wider hip structure at the bottom (an adaptive advantage facilitating successful child birth) which also makes legs set wider and thus leg crossing is a bit easier.

This Wiki article explains a lot of the significant differences. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelvis

But any Yoga instructor will explain that with patience and daily practice, almost everyone can accomplish the Lotus pose.

Hugs,
'lissa

Jay Cee
10-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Another thing to keep in mind is that crossing your legs may cause issues with your spine, as it is an "unbalanced" position.

But it is pretty sexy.

Kokoro
10-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I struggle to cross my legs once, let alone twice. I have so much bulk on my upper legs it makes it quite difficult. Having said that I can put my feet behind my heads. I'm flexible, just in the wrong direction!

Phyliss
10-09-2010, 03:29 PM
... I can put my feet behind my heads....

THAT I'd like to see. "heads" as in more than one? Makeup and wigs must be costly, double purchase everything, but is offset by quantity discount when getting a facial.

Kokoro
10-09-2010, 04:15 PM
*slams head on keyboard*

What an epic typo. I do feel as though I have two heads at times though, they always seem to be pulling my body one way or another. I've left the noisy, aggressive one drugged up on T leaving the other one to get on with more important things like shopping and dieting. :devil:

Kathryn Martin
10-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I have crossed my legs and double crossed them for essentially all my adult life. I am 6'4" and small boned (although broad shouldered) and have never had an issue with double crossing my legs.

Nick2Nikki
10-10-2010, 12:47 AM
I cross my legs, and am capable of double crossing my legs. I have very skinny thighs, so my parts simply hang down below whichever thigh is on top. I've never had any problems.

Traci Elizabeth
10-10-2010, 09:50 AM
So if we cross our legs once, does that mean maybe and if we double cross them does that mean "Not interested!" ????

Kaitlyn Michele
10-10-2010, 09:58 AM
i never thought of this.,,lol...i am pretty flexible and can double cross my legs comfortably...

my daughter is a freaky flexible type and can walk on her hands and butt cheeks with her legs crossed behind her head!! LOL

Jodygurl
10-10-2010, 01:51 PM
We sure seem to come up w/ some interesting topcs for discussion. I've crossed my legs like a woman for years and at times have to force myself to do the guy thing, I'm sure you all know the situations I'm referring to.
But, in the last few years I've found myself doing the double cross thing unconsciously. I tell myself that it's because I really was supposed to be a female. I just love that thought.

And, the double cross seems to have nothing to do w/ comfort but at the same time I've experience some dramatic shrinking since I've started using harmones. I have been told on more than one occasion and by some experienced observers that I had the largest "set" they'd ever seen (both genders observation). I call this better living thru chemistry! ;-)

Renecd
10-10-2010, 02:21 PM
I've always been able to double cross my legs easily. Never thought if it meant anything except being flexable :)

Rene

Starling
10-10-2010, 05:42 PM
If you can't comfortably rest one leg upon the other above the knee, I don't think you can learn it. It's a matter of how long, how slim and how close together your legs are. Change one or two of those dimensions, though, and you might be in business.

:) Lallie, mature non-crosser

Melody Moore
10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
I sit with my legs cross quite comfortably & I use to be able to double cross my legs as a child & as a teenager and for sometime into early adulthood, I have always been very flexible through gymnastics & martial arts, however I have very muscular and shapely legs now which guys have told me many times are very sexy. But I cannot double cross my legs due to their mass. So I also think the ability to double-cross your legs all depends on how skinny & small boned you are & the ability not to be able to do it doesn't make you less feminine or sexy I a sure there are lots og GGs out there that cant double-cross their legs as well.

Starling
10-11-2010, 02:43 PM
...there are lots og GGs out there that cant double-cross their legs as well.

Yes, Melody, and for every characteristic we count as "male," there are a zillion FABs out there who also possess it--deepish voices, thick waists or necks, muscular legs, big feet, brow ridges, excess hair, even moustaches. Thing is, while those attributes may not please them, they still know they're women.

Because we want to send out as many female signifiers as we can, it's frustrating to feel our body has betrayed us. But the most important signifier is the existential confidence we have in our gender presentation. With it, physical flaws can disappear; without it, the best physical presentation is incomplete.

:) Lallie

PS: Sorry, Jody, I got carried away.