PDA

View Full Version : My greatest fear about being a crossdresser is...

Briana90802
10-07-2010, 02:00 PM
My greatest fear about being a crossdresser is...

That I wear panties and that one day I'll get into a car accident and the paramedics will laugh rather than help.

Does anyone else have any fears like this?

Cassi3
10-07-2010, 02:05 PM
There was another thread like this, can't find it now, but as someone said in that thread, If you're in an accident that requires paramedics, I doubt, you'll be worried about underdressing. My only fear is my non-accepting father to find out, other than that, I really don't worry!

Roxanne_Alternate
10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
My only fear is basically that I can't find a SO that will accept me for who I am.

I came out to my parents, to a lot of my friends, so I'm good in that department.

Wendy W
10-07-2010, 02:09 PM
I work at a major regional hospital here in Boston, and the paramedics tell me they've seen alot of weird stuff. So panties on a 'guy' probably wouldn't phase them or worth their interest to see what style or color your wearing.

WW

Gina X
10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I think that paramedics have seen it all before. I had an illness last year that required an ambulance and hospitalisation I was wearing panties and no one batted an eyelid and when I was in hospital all I had for two days was panties and a t-shirt and believe it or not they seemed more interested in saving my life than laughing at my underwear !! LOL

Love Gina x

RADER
10-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I agree; I ware panties 24/7, and the thought of being caught in panties does not concern me at all.
Now if I was waring a bra, girdle, nylons, under dressed, well that might be cause for some
embarrassment. Rader :o

nacracat
10-07-2010, 02:49 PM
same for my painted toenails. seriously though, who they gonna tell?

Karren H
10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Omg yes!!! My greatest fear is that they will discontinue another one of my must have HG makeup products.... Ekkkkkk. I will never ever forgive Maybelline for killing off they Eye Express eye liner!!! And numerous emails to them got me "to bad"!!! See if I ever buy one of their products again!! If I had any balls I'd march right down there and.... Ok bad example.....

But anywho.... If anyone does that to me again I will just die!! :(

Billijo49504
10-07-2010, 03:48 PM
I went to a exam for my neck, at a big VA hospital. I didn't expect to have to pull down my jeans. I had on Bright red satin panties with ruffles. Or that I had angel jeans on. He just checked mypulse in my groin. No remarks or nothing...BJ

JulieC
10-07-2010, 03:50 PM
believe it or not they seemed more interested in saving my life than laughing at my underwear !! LOL

And well they should be. Can you imagine that wrongful death lawsuit? Or a malpractice lawsuit? Try being the hospital/doctor and defending yourself in court with "I was too busy laughing at his panties/bra/pantyhose/dress/etc. to properly take care of him".

Medical professionals don't care, and if they do it's not going to have much, if any, impact on the level of care you receive.

Trish
10-07-2010, 03:57 PM
In 1998, I fell off a ladder in my driveway, and broke my back. At the time I was wearing bright red panties. Nothing was said by the paramedics, or at the hospital by the nurses or the doctors. Three months later, I was walking again.

CalamityJane
10-07-2010, 04:15 PM
You really do not want to trouble yourself worrying about this, it takes me back to my childhood when my Mom would go on about wearing clean underwear incase I was in an accident.
But to return to the point in question, my SO works in the Emergency Department of a large hospital and so gets to see people in various states, that been said I can assure you that the people who staff these places are highly trained focused professionals who are dedicated to your well being, and so they will pay no heed to what you are wearing....they only want to ensure that you receive the best possible treatment speeding you to a full recovery.

Briana90802
10-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank for the reassurance. It puts my mind at ease.

So then what are some of the fears that you girls face?

Alice B
10-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I agree with your fear, but more so that they will notice my painted toe nails. But, that is not going to stop me.

Sherry Lynn
10-07-2010, 07:52 PM
My biggest fear is being arrested for using the women's restroom.

Briana90802
10-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Oh great. I hadn't even thought about that. Yeah I guess that is a biggie. I was unsure which one to use at Disneyland(that's if I ever go). I have a rather deep voice and women tend to scream. Wish they had family bathrooms there.

Christy_M
10-07-2010, 10:04 PM
My biggest fear is hearing across a crowded area "Hey, look at the guy in a dress!!"

Jorja
10-07-2010, 10:19 PM
My biggest fear is hearing across a crowded area "Hey, look at the guy in a dress!!"

Just politely curtsy and say thank you.

Brenda2246
10-07-2010, 11:00 PM
highly trained focused professionals who are dedicated to your well being, and so they will pay no heed to what you are wearing....they only want to ensure that you receive the best possible treatment speeding you to a full recovery.

Your correct, but after dating a Nurse, I know they don't say anything at work or in front of you. But when they get home they do tell tells! LOL

Jamie001
10-07-2010, 11:26 PM
I agree with your fear, but more so that they will notice my painted toe nails. But, that is not going to stop me.

Painted toenails are not a big deal. A lot of UFC fighters and athletes have painted toenails. Painted toenails are no different than earrings.

justbejulie2
10-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Wow, none of you have my problem. Kids. Teenagers are supposed to sleep till noon, right?
Well a month ago my 13-yr old came down at 8am, I was on the computer.
I don't know if I got everything off and hidden before he saw me.....
But life goes on. I'm loving him (wife a I are separated), and they are very happy with me.
Can't undo the past, just love the kids in the future.

Kate Simmons
10-08-2010, 05:27 AM
Not really. I'm never afraid of being myself, dressed or not.:)

Raychel
10-08-2010, 05:51 AM
My only real fear is that my father will find out and reject me. As far as the rest oif the world, They don't have to like me.

kaitlin
10-08-2010, 06:00 AM
I can tell you from a retired paramedic's point of view, Been there-seen that many times! It's no big deal! We are focused on saving your life and don't care about your life style!

lorisdream
10-08-2010, 06:16 AM
I had a similiar experience when I went to a chiropractor for a pinched nerve. I had no idea I would be asked to dis-robe. I had on my black VS lacy panties at the time. So I stripped down to nothing but my panties and they gave me a hospital type gown that was open in the back. She took the x-rays and never said a thing about my underwear. I think I might have received a few winks every time I would go in the following months. Funny thing was I was never embarrassed by that incident. My wife thought it was funny.

Tina B.
10-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Been there, done that! many years ago, I was crossing the street and hit by a car, an ambulance was called. I had cherry red toenails at the time, and a really bad ankle sprain. of course the first thing they did was pull my shoes and socks off to examine my foot. Very professional in there manner, and made me feel at ease. I did have a xray tech tell me the polish was a nice color, not sure what he meant by that. And when I left the hospital I saw a couple of candy stripper's looking my way and whispering back and forth, but could not here what they where saying. I have never had a doctor say they saw it in my medical files, I doubt it was mentioned since it had nothing to do with the injury. So unless you know someone personally that works there I don't think you have much to worry about.

tina B.

JulieC
10-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Your correct, but after dating a Nurse, I know they don't say anything at work or in front of you. But when they get home the do tell tells! LOL

And it doesn't matter one bit. Who cares what a gossipping health care worker tells her family? You don't know them, or they you, and the effect is about the same as it has on the price of eggs on Pluto. :)

Feather
10-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Err, am I the only one that doesn't see the point in wearing female underpanties? I just don't see why you should have them unless you actually have some clothing or intend for someone else to see them.

Transboy
10-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi Girls

My fear is wanting to go out and getting beat up....Still havent gone out

AKAMichelle
10-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Don't worry they will be there helping. The laughing won't happen until you are at the hospital. So don't worry they will try to save your life just like anyone else.

I see things differently. If I am in an accident one day, I hope the breast forms will cushion the force of the accident and I will walk away.

Sophie86
10-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Biggest fear: That my wife will suddenly decide it's too much. Everyone else can take a flying leap, but she's my sweetheart.

MichelleOhioCD
10-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Just happened - outed myself to someone I know and his new girlfriend who he wanted to introduce me to- he came into the house quietly and I was sitting in the kitchen in a wig and dress. I quickly remarked that I was just putting together a costume for a Halloween party (thank God it's October). A LITTLE AKWARD FOR A FEW MINUTES- but I changed in record time and chatted with them - very stressfull for me at first but then I thought - this is who I am and as I type this I am in a nightgown and my new blond wig - I hope they come back - that would be really interesting!

JohnH
10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
My greatest fear about being a crossdresser is...

That I wear panties and that one day I'll get into a car accident and the paramedics will laugh rather than help.

Does anyone else have any fears like this?

I at the moment am wearing a mid-calf length floral dress with panties. The only reason I am wearing women's panties is that I came across several packages of them while I was rummaging through boxes that my ex-wife left behind. I certainly would not pay anything extra to buy them over conventional men's Hanes briefs.

Paramedics have a lot more things to worry about than what type of underpants someone is wearing. Now on the other hand, my wife does not wear underpants. She got "busted" when she had to take her pants off for an examination in front of a male health care professional.

I might mention also that I wear skirts, dresses, and heels - garments my current wife does not wear.

Shelly67
10-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Probably all my neighbours gathering outside my home to deal with the pervert .
And then having to explain myself to my immediate family .

Jamie001
10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Why would it be mentioned in a medical file? It's not illegal.

Been there, done that! many years ago, I was crossing the street and hit by a car, an ambulance was called. I had cherry red toenails at the time, and a really bad ankle sprain. of course the first thing they did was pull my shoes and socks off to examine my foot. Very professional in there manner, and made me feel at ease. I did have a xray tech tell me the polish was a nice color, not sure what he meant by that. And when I left the hospital I saw a couple of candy stripper's looking my way and whispering back and forth, but could not here what they where saying. I have never had a doctor say they saw it in my medical files, I doubt it was mentioned since it had nothing to do with the injury. So unless you know someone personally that works there I don't think you have much to worry about.

tina B.

Bernadina
10-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Don't think they'd care.

When I worked at the hospital they brought in a guy in who was out and they thought he'd broken his back as one of the symptoms is a giant erection. They carefully strapped him down to immobilize him and when they undressed him they found a very big banana stuffed in his pants. He was just out stoned drunk.

So panties, no biggie. Just make sure they are clean.

RachelZ
10-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Going out in public and running into skinheads

Steph.TS
10-11-2010, 11:09 AM
my fear is that I'll never truly be accepted for who I am, either I live life as I want and be rejected, or live how society/family/friends expect me too and feel trapped for the rest of my life, the worst case scenario is I can't choose which path is right for me, grow old with age and die feeling like I missed out...

Nikki A.
10-11-2010, 05:26 PM
My biggest fear is that when I get up the nerve to tell my kids that they will accept me and not have a problem with it. I don't think they would but they are the only ones that I really care about. Anyone else can accept me or not.

Loni
10-11-2010, 11:39 PM
my biggest fear... is not having the cash to buy that lovely dress/skirt/top/etc.
no fear about getting into a auto accident...been there done that, no problem. fool plowed into me doing 90mph.

Kate17
10-12-2010, 12:01 AM
It is funny that you say that - It is not my fear but it is my wife's - just yesterday she asked me "What if you were in an accident - they will see your panties" I said - I have painted toes, full body shave , I am in an accident and you are worried about my panties??

CallMeMeg
10-12-2010, 08:28 AM
I was coming home in dress and heels when a tire exploded. I had to call the towing company to change it (I wasn't going to ruin THIS outfit!). After that, I'm not afraid of anything. :)

ShellyMadison78
10-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Being a full time EMT I can assure you that we'll maintain our professionalism as we see a wide variety of stuff that would not be considered normal. I think that we as a profession have a higher percentage of GLBT folks within our ranks (just an observation of mine thru all the folks I've ran with). I have plenty of friends and co-workers that are not on the straight side of life so if something ever happens to you rest assured you'll be in good hands!
That being said, we also have a high on the job injury rate mostly due to lifting, I'd be scared to throw my back out and have to go to the hospital for an evaluation while I'm wearing panties and pantyhose under my work uniform!!! I could explain the hose easily but the panties?? I'm not worried though, I always lift the proper way and if I do pull something, I'll walk it off until the next day.

As far as fear goes, having my dad find out....he's old school and set in his ways. We were never very close until recently and I couldn't bear that kind of rejection....I'd come out to the wife before him!
Being confronted by some shady folks to while out would definately rank up there too, haven't been out yet but when I do venture out I hope I can have an effective escape plan and avoid any unwelcomed situations.

ManInBra
10-12-2010, 09:08 AM
My biggest fear, honestly, is that I will be single the rest of my life due to serious shortage of highly accepting females towards Crossdressing males. As it is I have been single the last 10 or 11 years. :(

Ruth
10-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I think my greatest fear is that my circumstances might change so that I was no longer able to CD on a regular basis. I don't have any scenarios for this, I just know that in this life, anything can happen.
And the old chestnut about being in an accident and having inappropriate underwear is just... well, don't lose any sleep over it.

Penny-Leyne
10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Spiders

kimdl93
10-12-2010, 02:39 PM
just simple embarassment. I've always been incredibly self-conscious. this carries over into my CDing as well.

sissystephanie
10-12-2010, 09:40 PM
To reply to one particular post, I wear panties almost all the time because they are a heck of a lot more comfortable then mens underwear!

Now to the main point! Having been a CD for over 70 years, I have gotten past all the so-called fears. Of course, since my late wife is no longer around to fix my wig and do my makeup I no longer go out in public as Stephanie. I still go out dressed enfemme, but looking exactly like the man that I am! Of course, I do NOT use the ladies room!! That would be stupid! I have been going out that way for over 5 years now, and have never had any problems!!