PDA

View Full Version : Altar boys and Crossdressing

VtVicky
10-07-2010, 10:12 PM
A friend and I were chatting the other day and the topic came up of the possibiliy of being an altar boy who was made to wear long dresses and lacy tops somehow being connected to CDing.

I would expect that this might pertain more to the fetishistic CD'ers than to the transgendered community.

I was an altar boy for a short time. But, since my CDing is more of a tactile fetish, and the garments we had to wear didn't feel particularly good, I'm not sure if there was a connection for me. (Perhaps if the garments were satin, silk, or nylon I might have stuck with it a little longer.)

So, the questions for the community are: Were you ever an altar boy? And, do you sense any connection to CDing?

Brenda2246
10-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Nope! I was never a Altar boy.

Loni
10-07-2010, 10:44 PM
whats a altar boy?

NathalieX66
10-07-2010, 10:45 PM
In my case, yeah, I liked the gowns with the frilly & lacy ruffly tops, and little did I know, so did the pastor of my church. He finally got busted by the FBI in a pedophile ring. ....boys in particular. I was never an altar boy but Father (name omitted here) showed up at my parents house no less than THREE times, trying to recruit me when I was 12 because i expressed interest in doing so..
Something mysteriously made me back out of the situation. I can't and don't remember how or why.

juno
10-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Yes, I was an altar boy for a while. I think it is unrelated to crossdressing. Altar boys have fairly strict rules to follow, so some young CDers in denial might find it attractive as a way to exercise self-control. OTOH, the unusual attire may help you realize that diversity in clothing is normal.

Stephanie Miller
10-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh good Lord yes. I was an alter boy AND in the choir. But our robes didn't have the lace your talking about. Just the plain white collars. Never really got off on them. BUT... the girls confirmation dresses.. NOW WERE TALKIN'

KarenS
10-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I was an altar boy for a time and I don't believe it had anything to do with my CDing. As an acolyte, the robes are worn over the street clothing. I didn't even like the robes. None of the robes I ever saw had any frill or lace.

Christina Horton
10-10-2010, 10:01 AM
No never was one. Plus it was not even in my mind that they were like dresses cuz it was in church and just a part of worship nothing more.

Steph.TS
10-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I wasn't an alter boy either...

patti1569
10-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I was an alter boy but I don't recall that it made me feel fem. I was dressing well before I became an alter boy so I would say that it din't influence me that way.

docrobbysherry
10-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I was worried about where this thread was going! But, it has some very informative posts!

Barbara Dugan
10-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I wasn't never an altar boy....got offer to be a few times usually the quiet and good boys are the ideal candidates.

Christinedreamer
10-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Never was an altar boy as I was raised Methodist. HoweVer I have been in the choir for years. The robes we wear are rayon or something like that and are worn over street clothes. These are miserable at Easter as even with the AC on we sweat like you would not believe during the 30 minute Easter contata and standing all the while. For me it was extra bad because I handled the mic mixer and playback system from my position in the choir, was singing with the choir and was also either King Herod or the narrator due to my voice.

I always loved the 50-60s confirmation dresses and Easter dresses the girls wore and even found a couple during a church rummage sale. (Still have one, just for memory sake)

I have always wondered about the catholic tradition of lacy robes on priests and bishops etc. Anyone have any idea why they are so frilly?

Jodygurl
10-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I served for many years for numerous priests. Although this happens about the time we all have the fem awakening I never put the two ideas together. I always felt that I was there serving the Lord and that my "sexual" personality had no busiess getting involved. Also, of all the priest and brothers (that's a religious man in an order like the Jesuits who is not a priest for those who arn't familiar) I knew, some very well, I never was approached by any of them. I still have a special detest for men using their religious disguise to attract boys.

Now as far as sexual awareness is church, I believe that it is the reason for the 11th commandment: Thou shalt not scope in church! Had a hard time (pun intended) w/ that one.

sterling12
10-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Just about every Boy that I knew, who went to Mass, got The Dubious Opportunity to be an Alter Boy. I think we can assume that most of them did not go on to being Transgendered. Having served a few times, in A Methodist Church, I think your main concern is to make sure that you don't "screw up." You know, knock over The Candles or something like that.

The "Gown" I wore was pretty butt-ugly! I don't think it had ANY influence on my life. Also wore The Gown over my regular Sunday Clothes. I was twelve years old, had already been dressing for about eight years. And Joanie already had a lot more style-sense. I know I was wearing things a lot cuter than that Gown! Black, "hangs like a tent," is not a favored Fashion Statement.

Peace and Love, Joanie

subwrx
10-10-2010, 01:54 PM
I have served also for many years. I go to an Anglo catholic episcopal church the high mass is essentialy the same as a roman high mass. But I digress, the dress is not particularly alluring to me. However, interestingly enough we wear rope belts around the waist called a girdle (think monk and not the tv show). If they only knew how often I have served in church wile wearing a girdle and stocking under my girdle and robe. Occasionally when we are getting dressed before mass some one will make a joke about the girdle I just laugh and think if you only knew.

t-girlxsophie
10-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Was never an Alter boy,First Holy Communion too came before I started dressing but later I so wished I was wearing the Gorgeous Communion Dresses and I did love watching the Ladies at Chapel dressed up in their Sunday best

:hugs:Sophie xx

Cassidy
10-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I was an altar boy and a member of the choir until my voice changed. it had the opposite effect in that my mom would parade me up the street ten blocks to the church in full choir regalia which included a white cassock, a white trimmed in red serplis, (spelling???) a red cape, starched collar, a red bow around my neck and last but not least a red sash. Yeah the non parocial school kids would laugh and point. it's probably the reason I don't set foot out of the house dressed. Ah the memories.

Karren H
10-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Ohh yeah!!! I was an alter boy for many years in the Episcople church... After I started crossdressing when I was 7. But I did love the long flowing robes. And even under dressed a few times... if there is a god. I hope she has a good sense of humor! Lol.

Kari Lynn Franks
10-10-2010, 02:46 PM
I was an alter boy but I don't recall that it made me feel fem. I was dressing well before I became an alter boy so I would say that it din't influence me that way.

you must not have been wearing panties under it.lol

Christinedreamer
10-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Intriguing. I notice some of you spell the word as "alter" when actually it is "altar"in this circumstance, as in alter ego.
Is that a Freudian (pink) slip?

RADER
10-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Yea, I was an Alter boy, Catholic; from 6 Th to 8 Th grade, than freshman and soft-more high, on special occasions.
When My mother had to stand up to her cosines wedding, with a fancy formal floor length dress,
She asked my dad,"How do I stand up in this dress without standing on the hem"
I remember my dad saying and pointing to me; "Ask your Son"
An trick I learned as an Alter boy was to pull up your Cassatt an inch or two, just past your heals.
Then as you stood up, you would not be standing on your Robe/Dress. Funny how or what you remember
over the years. Did that start MY cross-dressing? No I think it was all ready started before then, But I did
enjoy the long Cassatt's/dresses. Rader

Jamie391
10-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I was an Episcopal Altar Boy, I don't feel there was any connection to my later years CDing. Jamie

Sophie_C
10-10-2010, 06:52 PM
I was an altar boy. Our cover thing resembled a big white sheet, not a dress, so obviously there was no connection.

PretzelGirl
10-10-2010, 09:23 PM
I was Catholic and was an altar boy for a long time. Nothing special about the robe and that outer part, whatever it is called. Looked basically like this:

http://witnessestohope.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/altar-boy-tim.jpg

(No that isn't me)

Alice Torn
10-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I was raised Lutheran by my mom, though my dad is Catholic. I wore a white robe over street clothes for confirmation. I am in a church that has no robes, or religious garb, now. I often wonder.

lingerieLiz
10-10-2010, 11:23 PM
I was an acolyte. It didn't start my crossdressing. I wanted to be in the choir because the girls didn't wear their dresses under their robes just slips. I thought that would be so cool. Of course it wasn't possible and the guys wore their pants under their robes. Same with gradualtion.

subwrx
10-11-2010, 02:35 AM
if there is a god. I hope she has a good sense of humor! Lol.

You know she does. The Pilatapus... I rest my case...... :)

Kate Simmons
10-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Actually, I thought of it as being more of a "Jedi Knight" type of thing with my taper/snuffer rod giving me power akin to a light saber.:)

Edwina
10-11-2010, 05:05 AM
I cannot believe this now but when I was 8yrs old I attended an Anglican Curch school (in England) and the minister wanted me to join the church choir. I refused! My reason was that I didn't want to wear a dress:D

seatown9
10-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I was an alter boy and the robes did nothing for me...

Shananigans
10-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Just about every Boy that I knew, who went to Mass, got The Dubious Opportunity to be an Alter Boy. I think we can assume that most of them did not go on to being Transgendered. Having served a few times, in A Methodist Church, I think your main concern is to make sure that you don't "screw up." You know, knock over The Candles or something like that.

The "Gown" I wore was pretty butt-ugly! I don't think it had ANY influence on my life. Also wore The Gown over my regular Sunday Clothes. I was twelve years old, had already been dressing for about eight years. And Joanie already had a lot more style-sense. I know I was wearing things a lot cuter than that Gown! Black, "hangs like a tent," is not a favored Fashion Statement.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Haha I think you summed up everything perfectly.

Also, I can say that my SO was not an altar boy. His childhood influences in CDing were quite different. As a child, he thought about CDing...but, never actually did it until his brother suggested it one day to him.

Yes, his brother is also a CD.