PDA

View Full Version : going out

slamddoger
10-09-2010, 06:05 PM
how do know when to go out and not go out as a women.

Christy_M
10-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Great question...for me, I feel like I need to get out of the house sometimes. I don't really go anywhere except to vacant strip malls where there aren't a lot of people but it feels good to be out walking around.

Stephanie Miller
10-09-2010, 06:45 PM
I probably look at it a little to simply. But my formula is this..
If I'm dressed as a woman - I go out as a woman.
If I'm dressed like a man............

:D

The true answer is in your heart. Do you feel feminine or not. There are days I just want to wear boxers and scratch. :doh: And there are days nice Dockers and a polo shirt are in order. Same type scenario for the wife. Some days she has a hard time getting out of her shorts, sport bra and her hair in a birds nest up top. others ..... Wow she's pretty.
Go with your feelings and you won't go wrong. :battingeyelashes:

StaceyJane
10-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Nowdays, If I'm going out on my day off, it's as a woman.

sissystephanie
10-09-2010, 08:11 PM
I was going to say that Stephanie Miller had the right answer! But that doesn't work for me now. I use to dress as woman and go out as a woman day or night. But my late wife always did my makeup and my wig. I am not at all good at doing either one. I still go out dressed enfemme, but looking like the man that I really am. Just a guy in a skirt or dress and I go everwhere that way, daqy or night. And you know what! I get virually no comments, other than compliments on my outfits! people don't care what you wear, as long as you are decent!!

Dress and go out. You will enjoy it!!

AKAMichelle
10-09-2010, 08:39 PM
flip a coin. :D

Seriously just do what you feel comfortable doing. There are no rules to going out dressed.

PretzelGirl
10-09-2010, 08:58 PM
If you have to ask, then it probably isn't time. When you want to go out, you will feel it. Just look at the nerves it generates in many of us. Wouldn't it take some serious internal drive to overcome that?

Gisele
10-09-2010, 09:24 PM
When I want to go out as female I can't due to too my neighbors. They don't know (that I know of). I have to wait until the sun goes down and by then I am too tired too. Now that winter is setting in I have more oppertunity to go out early now that the sun set quicker.

So, most of the time I go out not as female but close to it, no make up or forms nor hair styled.

Missy Tanya
10-09-2010, 09:40 PM
To go out, or not??? Sounds like a question only you can answer for yourself. For Tanya its when she has the time to spend the afternoon just being pretty in her eyes. Nothing funner that walking the mall and shopping for Tanya as Tanya. Sure beats the stares I get buying stuff for her.

So if you feel comfy, go for it, you won't be disappointed. But take care, it's addicting. Tanya

Janet Bern
10-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I would suggest that you start slowly. first time just dress and go for a drive. During weekdays as you are dressed enfemme and try to blend with the other ladies.
My first time was a walk through Macys and JCPenneys slowly stopping to look at some clothes etc. You probably not be noticed at all which will lead you to the
next outing. My third outing was to Macys cosmetic counter and got into the makeup scene. The SA will be great.
Janet

sterling12
10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Well, I don't go out when it's The Wrong Time of The Month, because I just feel Icky!

Seriously, if your asking when will I know it is "The Right Time" for me to go out? Believe me, although it varies from person to person....you will know! If your asking about "Time of Day," most start out by going out during The Hours of Darkness. They seem to feel more comfortable, probably because of perceived anonymity. If your asking about Circumstances, of course we can't advise you about that, unless you give us a lot of specifics and answer some questions.

There are just hundreds of threads about this particular aspect of being Transgendered. Some are specific about a particular incident, some are hypothetical, some are philosophical, but there's just a ton of Info.. I suggest you take a look at a lot of past Threads and see what you can learn.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Nikki A.
10-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Going to a Hell's Angels meeting, bad time.
It is up to you when it is the right time. How important is it if you're found out, where are you headed are important criteria to whether to dress or not. I tend not to dress too near to home, in respect to the family. But I have gone to the outlet center in daylight no less (pink fog moment), more tourists than locals usually. What I'm saying is, do what feels right. If you doubt yourself that may not be the right time.

Juanita O
10-12-2010, 11:38 AM
You will know when it is time, my first time out dressed was oct 8,2010, what a rush.

Tranny Tee
10-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Almost all of my excursions out have been to a specific event such as a support/social group or to a drag show. I have gone out all day on Halloween but until today I have never ventured out without a specific agenda. I am staying for a few days in San Francisco and decided that I can not venture out here i am a terminal closet case. I am almost completely dressed, I need to put on my wig, adjust my makeup and I'm out the door.

It is time when opportunity meets desire. This is my time.

Gerrijerry
10-12-2010, 12:00 PM
It is really up to you when you feel that you are ready. There are no rules. Yes you should watch out for those around you but you should do that no matter how you dress. (99%) of people do not care and I have found that the oppsite is actually true. The more people around the better and safer it actually is. For many it is easier to go out with another person the first few times in public. YOu can share the excitement of just being who you are better that way. Just enjoy who you are inside and go out when you are ready.