PDA

View Full Version : dressed out in public

Juanita O
10-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Well on Oct 8,(last Friday)I Finally took the plunge and went out fully dressed. My SO and I got together at about 3pm(mst)we drove to Salt Lake City, we were going to the Gateway Mall. I found a parking place just outside of the mall, I was scared to death to go in the mall but i finally told my SO that it was time to do this so we got out and walked in the mall. Last Friday there was a high school football game at one of the local schools, I remembering reading in one of the threads here that a teen age girl will notice how we are dressed,well we walked by 6 cheerleaders and only one noticed me. We were hungry so we into the food court, got something to eat at taco time, well we sat down at one of the tables in the middle of the food court, The food court was busy with a lot of teen ages and some loud cowboys, finished eating and I walked right by the cowboys and not one of them said any thing about how I was dressed. We walked around the rest of the mall, we stopped at Lane Bryants and shopped there for a few minutes. What a rush I had being dressed and going out in public. I knew that there were some people looking at me but I took Karren Huttons advise and I acted like I owned the place. We went to the Tri Ess meeting and I enjoyed being with the beautiful sisters in the meeting.:)

Christy_M
10-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Congratulations on getting out. You give me inspiration to atually go someplace other than vacant strip malls...I hope this has built your confidence further to go out more often.

TxKimberly
10-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Good for you and welcome to the world!

Gerrijerry
10-10-2010, 11:38 AM
glad to hear you had a good time. Now you can relax. You know that most 99% of the world does not care. and with an accepting SO that is wonderful.

Marcia Blue
10-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Juanita, You did own the place. I hope the anxiety was overwhelmed by your euphoria. Going out the first time really is a big step, next time will be so much easier.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lucy_Bella
10-10-2010, 12:14 PM
It had to be such a rush for you, love how you touched on in your story telling your S.O. " It has to be done".. One question is this something you are going to do more often?

carhill2mn
10-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Good for you! It certainly is scary when we first go out in public. You are fortunate that your SO is willing to go with you. Being appropriately dressed, acting as if you belong along with a big smile will enable you to enjoy your "outings".

debbie55
10-10-2010, 02:25 PM
congratulations on going out, its a Revelation when you find out for real that what everyone is saying on here is true, people either don't notice or don't care for the most part. I bet your hooked now.

Stephanie Miller
10-10-2010, 05:35 PM
You mean .... the ground didn't open up and swallow you? :eek:
What's this world coming to.......... acceptance? :heehee:

Good for you girl. Now get going with the plans for the next outing.

PretzelGirl
10-10-2010, 09:02 PM
And you left out the most important part. You were looking good! We may have a shopping or Ulta trip in our future. Maybe? Welcome to the rest of the world!
:bh:

AKAMichelle
10-10-2010, 10:05 PM
So how was it owning the place? Did they comp your meal? :D

People may notice you but most won't even care. It is still much better to get out over staying in the closet regardless of what stares you may get.

kavyaruma
10-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Congrats . Being you will bring you in you .. Kudos to you for got rid of all fear of acceptance ..

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Christy. At first you will be scared to death like I was, Come out and join us, It has built some confidence, but I still need to improve on a few things yet(lose some weight)

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Good for you and welcome to the world!

Thanks Kimberly.

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:27 AM
glad to hear you had a good time. Now you can relax. You know that most 99% of the world does not care. and with an accepting SO that is wonderful.

Yes I did have a good time. And my SO is very accepting.

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Juanita, You did own the place. I hope the anxiety was overwhelmed by your euphoria. Going out the first time really is a big step, next time will be so much easier.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes it was a big step for me, Thanks

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:34 AM
It had to be such a rush for you, love how you touched on in your story telling your S.O. " It has to be done".. One question is this something you are going to do more often?

It was such a rush. I had been telling my SO that I need to go out, we had been talking about going out for a long time well we got it done.I am going to go out more often now.

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Good for you! It certainly is scary when we first go out in public. You are fortunate that your SO is willing to go with you. Being appropriately dressed, acting as if you belong along with a big smile will enable you to enjoy your "outings".

Thanks Carol. My SO is willing to do this with me she is very supportive.

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:42 AM
congratulations on going out, its a Revelation when you find out for real that what everyone is saying on here is true, people either don't notice or don't care for the most part. I bet your hooked now.

People really didn't notice, I was just worried about the teen age girls saying something, because a teen age girl can spot us quickly.Iam planning on going out again.

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:46 AM
You mean .... the ground didn't open up and swallow you? :eek:
What's this world coming to.......... acceptance? :heehee:

Good for you girl. Now get going with the plans for the next outing.

I was waiting for the big earth quake to happen but it didn't, so now on to the next outing.

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:48 AM
And you left out the most important part. You were looking good! We may have a shopping or Ulta trip in our future. Maybe? Welcome to the rest of the world!
:bh:

Thanks Sue. When ever you want to go on a shopping trip or to Ulta let me know.

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:50 AM
So how was it owning the place? Did they comp your meal? :D

People may notice you but most won't even care. It is still much better to get out over staying in the closet regardless of what stares you may get.

It felt great, but I wish that they wouldhave comped my meal. Well I guess that I am finally out of the closet.

Juanita O
10-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Congrats . Being you will bring you in you .. Kudos to you for got rid of all fear of acceptance ..

Thanks. There is still some fear but as I go out more I will lose the fear.

Kathi Lake
10-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Lovely Juanita,

First off, a matter of forum business/etiquette - At the bottom of each message is a multiple reply button (looks like a ballon with quote marks inside of it and a "plus" sign outside). If you want to respond to multiple people, just click that button for each person you want to reply to, and then click the Reply to thread button at the bottom, You will have one reply for all of your responses. The forum admins just love when we do that! :)

Second, yay you!! I am so glad that you not only got out, but that you went out with your spouse!! What a special time for you both. I'm glad that she was there to give you a little extra confidence. As you now know, going out isn't that hard - even in Salt Lake. Act like you belong there, because you do.

I look forward to seeing you someday as our paths will doubtless cross.

Kathi

Juanita O
10-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks Kathi

I should have explored the other buttons more. It was a rush that we both went out together and you are right she did give me a little extra confidence, And I look forward to seeing you also.

Cami desiree
10-24-2010, 09:55 AM
I was at the Gateway that day as well dressed enfemme. I had a great time shopping. I seemed to pass very well. I did some clothes shopping. I left at about 2 pm so I must have just missed you.

Claire Cook
10-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Hooray Juanita!

... and I agree with what others have said: the first time is the hardest, then it gets better and better!

Tasha McIntyre
10-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Awesome Juanita, another one of us has found her wings. I undertand you were scared to death, but the first time is always terrifying - well, it was for me anyway! I bet you are looking forward to your next outing.

Good luck.

Tash :)

sneha
10-25-2010, 07:42 AM

frm chennai pls help me for crossdressing tips and friends pls cal me on 9176833871.

neha
10-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I did go out all dressed up yesterday night. Had a little walk in the city though night. Was really afraid if people would spot me out. How ever many were looking at me and thought i was caught. But one guy came up to me and said ' honey you look so hot. would you like to have a date with me' ? I was so shy that I told sorry and escaped from there.