PDA

View Full Version : The Sun has got it's hat on

kayegirl
10-10-2010, 11:22 AM
What a weekend, had to spend the whole last two days in drab, not a stitch of femme; had to endure a family 21st party complete with karaoke, and yet I am on top of the world, Why, .. Well I told my new(ish) GF about my cding, and her reaction, first a bit shocked, but then, and I quote, "It's no use being judgemental, everybody has to do their own thing". She didn't kick me out, she didn't freak out, She was absolutely brilliant, asked all the questions that I thought she would ask, plus some that I was not expecting, but overall it has to be accepting, although it might take a little longer before she fully understands, and it might be a while before she meets the real Kaye. But little steps, one day at a time, it feels so good that I just had to share.

Gerrijerry
10-10-2010, 11:30 AM
does make you feel better when you can share your feelings.

Starling
10-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Kaye, congratulations on being honest with your new GF. I think her thoughtful response is a good sign for the future. Have fun!

:) Lallie

Gina X
10-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Good for you Kaye, that's just great, the Sun has been out here today as well but nothing very special going on !!LOL

Lots of love Gina x

Kerrylee61
10-10-2010, 12:02 PM
In my experience, even long time SO's, partners, and others never ever fully "understand" what drives a man who cross dresses. Most men who cross dress don't fully understand it themselves.

To take it a step further, try being TG and expecting your SO to fully understand. My wife and I have been together 40 years and even though she is the most loving, understanding supportive person in the world, she still does not fully understand even though she has read a lot of literature over the years, come with me to counselling, attended hundreds of functions with me en femme and lives every day with me.

On an intellectual level, we both "know all there is to know" but the so called "understanding" is never achievable for either of us in my opinion.

Has life been all sunshine and roses... no, not all, we have just learned to accept and enjoy our life together as best as we can and will continue to do so for as long as we live.

Do I have regrets, sure. If I were a teenager now I'd have transitioned in the blink of an eye because times, medicine, attitude have all changed for the better since the 60's. Do I moan and groan about it? No, I move forward enjoying life to it's fullest because this is the only life I have. Had I transitioned all those years ago, I would never have experienced the joy of 40 years of an absolutely beautiful relationship with a loving soul mate such as my wife.

Hugs
Kerry

carhill2mn
10-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks for sharing an upbeat experience.

AKAMichelle
10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
sounds like you made real progress there. Good luck to you