PDA

View Full Version : Totally accepting friend

Aprilrain
10-11-2010, 01:25 AM
I am staying with a friend while my wife and I hopefully work out some problems. He came in my room ( well his guest bedroom) while I was putting on makeup. I wasn't sure how he would react but figured f it I'll camp if I have to. (do GG,s wear makeup whilst camping?) anyway he was unperterbed perhaps a little amused but respectful he told me his plans asked me about mine then gave me a hug and told me I was loved. No he is not gay or effeminate he's worse a Christian. Well that was cool but then when I got home I thought he would be asleep but he was up and here I was walking through the door fully dressed wig ad all and he wanted me to sit down and talk with him about the internet dating he has been obsessing over. I sat down crossed my legs ladylike and listened. I was a little self conscious but after a few minutes I relaxed. I felt totally at home in myself sitting there talking with friend. He thanked me for being his friend told me he was glad I was staying with him and assured me that my "lifestyle choice was confidential" I didn't really know how much I needed that until it happened. My wife is not that accepting she is fine with it but doesn't want to see me all dolled up.

subwrx
10-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Three cheers for accepting friends!!! Hip hip hurray !!! I'm stoked for you, I hope this friendship will be a safe place wiliest work out things out with the wife and I hope you do.

AKAMichelle
10-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Glad that you have a friend to lean on in tough times. Hope you and your wife can work things out.

PretzelGirl
10-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Well, that was easy. Surprised you just a bit I'll bet. Now you have a good friend to talk to, that is great. I hope things work out with you with your wife. If the CDing is part of it, you now have a trusted friend to talk it over with. Very nice.

Tricia Lee
10-13-2010, 07:20 AM
No he is not gay or effeminate he's worse a Christian.

Sounds like he treats others the way he wants others to treat him. Maybe Christians aren't so bad after all? :)

carhill2mn
10-13-2010, 02:47 PM
You are indeed fortunate to have such a friend!

Krysta
10-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Hey! us Christians arent all bad! lol. I'm glad you have found an understanding friend. treat him well!

Donnie1945
10-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Seems he is a little envious of you. he is stuck in his christian roots and might like to explore

LeannL
10-13-2010, 08:21 PM
No he is not gay or effeminate he's worse a Christian.

If you check my posts on this board, I have never posted anything that chews someone out. So you are my first.

This comment is offensive on many levels. First we are a group of people who are trying to fit into the world that doesn't understand us. Picking on any other group is uncalled for, it makes us look intolerant, hypocritical and, in general, doesn't help our cause. Second, he behaved as a true Christian. That is, he accepted you, even loved you and it didn't make a difference if he agreed with your "lifestyle" or not. Yet you deride a group that he obviously values. How do you think he world react to you if he knew what you had written about him? Thirdly, what is wrong with gays or effeminate men (or masculine women for that matter)?

I believe that a paraphrase of the Golden Rule is something you should consider: Treat others groups as you would want them to treat you.

Sorry I had to vent.

Leann

VanessaVW
10-13-2010, 08:29 PM
That sounds like a true friend. Be thankful for his gift of friendship and understanding.

Miranda09
10-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Good for you April. Glad to see you have such an accepting friend while you're going thru this hard time in your life. Makes everything so much easier when you have at least one close confidant. :)