PDA

View Full Version : Wow.. I told my sister about me.

LitaKelley
10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Tonight I told my sister about me being me and well, yes she is indeed shocked, but not holding it against me nor being judgmental. It was over online chat so there was no facial expression or body language there, but I THINK she is accepting of me being me, although she does have so many questions and says she has a tough time understanding why NOW after all those years of being the manly male. So I had to open up and talk to her for a while.

Kinda hard for me to explain this since I my self am still working on understanding who I am, why and what I want... but it does feel good to share my true self with someone so close to me instead of feeling like I'm harboring some incarnate sin... I feel a sense of burden released as well.

Cassi3
10-11-2010, 09:00 PM
That's great Lita, happy it's working out and she's accepting and not holding it against you! :D

Kathi Lake
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure if telling her via chat was bold, cowardly, or just something that younger people would be comfortable with. Being an old fart, I can't imagine anything but face-to-face for something of that sort. It's the little things like inflection, facial cues, body language and the like that would let me know what the other person was thinking and how to progress the chat from there.

I certainly hope that she isn't freaked out by it and that you gain a valuable ally in your family. Best of luck!

Kathi.

AKAMichelle
10-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I hope that it leads to a lot more conversations between the 2 of you

DonniDarkness
10-12-2010, 06:27 AM
I came out to my cousin this year, we are 1 yr apart and have been best friends since early childhood. She had many questions too.
But i totally understand where you are coming from, its like a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. I told her through text messageing!! lol
Though that is our normal everyday communication so it didnt feel wrong in any way, and besides i was crying and wouldnt have been able to talk then anyway (tears of joy)
It was liberating.

-Donni-