PDA

View Full Version : Seriously thinking of comming out to my parents tomorow

L0vleyme
10-11-2010, 09:40 PM
So I had no Idea, but my internet savvy parents and their ability to update their facebook status on a more than regular interval, I have learned that tomorrow is National comming out day. They have both posted links about it and in the past have made several references about their openness to the GLBT community.

So I thought I may thank them for their support of these issues and send an email which would include a picture of myself. I really don't think they would be upset.. Or even surprised.. but.. well I'm sure you know..

I think alot of pondering will happen in the next 24 hours..

Tick tock

Jorja
10-11-2010, 09:57 PM
It sounds as though your parents are open minded enough to accept what you have to tell them. It should go well. It would be a big weight off of your shoulders too. That way you can get down to taking care of the important things in life like.... SHOPPING! :D

AKAMichelle
10-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Whatever you decide I hope it works out well for you.

ReineD
10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I think it's a great idea, but I wouldn't include a pic with your initial disclosure. You might be better off just saying that you'd like them to meet your femme self. Then let them get used to the idea a bit before you do meet.

Tina B.
10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I agree with Reine on this one, I would give them the chance to wrap there heads around it first. It's one thing in the abstract, another when it's your own son. They sound like great parents to have, but still allow them a moment to think on it. I feel pictures or presenting yourself in femme to them should be by invitation only. Never show and tell, always tell then show.
Tina B.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
10-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I concur with above. Let them hear about it but still picture you as you. It will also help them to realize that despite this detail you're still their son that they recognize and love, and then when they are comfortable with that, then you can share a picture or allow them to see you dressed up.

anonymousinmaryland
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM
I also go with Reine's suggestion.

Bunny Girl Zoe
10-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I wish you all the best and I hope it go's well.

MiamiMarie
10-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I admire your courage. Please post an update.

Maria in heels
10-13-2010, 04:56 PM
you know, they most likely do know about you, especially if they are referencing it in their facebook pages....what happened? tell us..tell us......