PDA

View Full Version : feeling I let her down

t-girlxsophie
10-11-2010, 09:41 PM
was I in a pink fog.sitting with my wife I could tell she was worried about something.I asked what was wrong.well it turns out I have done something I swore I would never do.I have taken her for granted.she reiterated that she loves my femme side but That she has kinda taken over and that my lady misses seeing the male me.I feel so angry with myself that I have let this happen after banging on and on here about talking things thru-maybe I have deserved this.I have let myself and more importantly let my lovely wife down
So we had an emotional heart to heart and decided together that He should be out .more than he has been.i mean she only sees him a cpl hours a day if that so will have a Sophie free day or two a week.Perhaps this was exactly what Was needed,a wake up call for me to practise what I preach I know that I will make sure I wont put us in this position again I Love my wife with all of my heart and couldnt bear the thought of ever hurting her

:hugs:Sophie xx

Lucy_Bella
10-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Your doing the right thing ..Good for you and useing communication before it got out of hand .

ReineD
10-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Sophie, I'm just wondering how things got to where they are ... is it difficult for you to be in guy mode?

Do you go out and about as Sophie, or do you just dress at home?

AKAMichelle
10-11-2010, 10:01 PM
It is much easier to preach than to follow the teachings. I'm glad that you got some of these things figured out before they became bigger problems.

kitchenette
10-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Sophie, it's good that you two were able to talk about it and work out a solution together. It's a bumpy road and staying close and keeping communication open is key... On my side, I am embracing of the fem side of my SO but still have the occasional gitters. Good luck. Maybe you can go on a date and do something new and fun...? That always helps us.

Kelly DeWinter
10-11-2010, 10:25 PM
it sounds like a great plan, and I admire you for realizing that your realtionship is important.

Tina B.
10-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Sophie, well said and I applaud you for putting the wife first, It's easy to get carried away, and some would resent having it pointed out, but you have chosen a very mature way to deal with the needs of a loved one, I guess we are not all as self centered as some people think we are!lol
Tina B.

Amanda22
10-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Sophie, Bravo for your flexibility and insight. I completely relate to your statement about hating to let your wife down and/or hurt her. It is so easy to let the male presentation side of ourselves disappear. Even knowing we shouldn't do that, we still do it. Even though you're hurt right now, please believe that this will be a step forward; a wake-up call. Everything will be better than ever.

Marissa
10-12-2010, 09:49 AM
As stated Sophie, you handled this in a mature and correct way..so don't beat yourself up tooo much since in all good intentions, you have high concerns of your wife's wellbeing. Just be sure to look for signs (if they come) on any attitude changes in yourself if you start missing Sophie time that you are giving up..

Hugs,

JamieG
10-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Sophie. We all make mistakes. As the others have stated, the important thing is that you realized you made a mistake and are taking steps to correct it. Your plan sounds good. I also have a few additional suggestions: Make sure your wife knows that she is free to share her opinion with you when "there's too much girl time" for her. Tell her you won't resent her if she asks for more male time, as long as you have reasonable opportunities to indulge your femme side. And finally, try to get a better read on her moods, so that if she's feeling shy about speaking up, you can ask her outright before it becomes too much of problem.

Sandra
10-12-2010, 11:56 AM
It is good to hear that you noticed that something was bothering your wife, so don't and just carry on regardless. What also makes your post good is that you have sat down and talked it through with her and come to a compromise. I hope others on this forum can take notice of your post and think of their SO's feelings, like you have done.

t-girlxsophie
10-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words,this was our first problem between us regarding my Dressing,and reiterated my desire not to take my wife for granted.remember communication is key (oops soapbox moment alert)Today we went shopping,and for a meal together before coming home and there was no rush to be Sophie,as would normally happen,and guess what the Sky didn't fall,my mood didn't blacken we had a lovely day as man and wife.

Sophie, I'm just wondering how things got to where they are ... is it difficult for you to be in guy mode?

Do you go out and about as Sophie, or do you just dress at home?

Good question Reine,no I don't necessarily feel any difficulty being a guy,I enjoy male things,watching football,being dad to my son,and stepsons etc,but I feel a better person when En Femme,even when drab i have more female friends and find being in female company easier and my wife says Sophie can be more affectionate,and I suppose Im like a kid in a sweet shop,always wanting more.

I used to get out once a month as Sophie but for various reasons not as much lately.Together we both are hoping in the future to go out as a couple more often.Starting in Nov when we will have 3 nights booked at Hotel to celebrate our Anniversary,we hope to have a girlie day one one of them:)

:hugs:Sophie xx

MiamiMarie
10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Give her one hot man weekend before Halloween and three great days for your anniversary and things should get real fun real soon.

Have a great time on your anniversary.