PDA

View Full Version : Progesterone effect?

Inna
10-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Ok I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I have been on HRT 1yr&4Mths now, my breasts have gained mass although very slowly, I almost fill 36b. What happened today borders on science fiction, I use Progesterone creme for topical application in a regimen. Since the growth of my breasts my nipples have grown a little but noticeably enough to see the difference. I have applied more of a cream just to areola area and after several minutes colored area has shrunk to pre HRT size. I was stunned, then after about two hours when I checked again nipples were hypersensitive and back to large areola area. Puzzling, had anyone else had this happen and why is it?

CharleneT
10-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Sure it wasn't just a temperature reaction - getting smaller due to cold or the like? Growth of your skin ( in all its wonders ) tends toward slow and steady. It would be truly odd to shrink and regrow in a day ?

Inna
10-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, that is exactly my puzzled reaction! But I should rephrase, the visible much darker areola shrunk into preHRT size color wise but very visibly, and then two hours later, darker colored skin reset to its larger size. It is as though the new growth of larger circle reacted with progesterone rendering it temporarily null. I tell you, quite puzzling, but I am sooooo happy that it reversed that quickly. I know that progesterone regulates estrogen and can decrease or increase its abundance in the body. I just didn't know it is so powerful as to make such a visible change for what ever the reason.

Traci Elizabeth
10-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Very COMMON! Mine do that 1,000 times a day. If fact, if I want to get a look at my enlarged Areolae (for those who care, singular is pronounced ă-rē-lă and plural is pronounced ă-rē-lē...no more lesson today!), I have to lift my top and look quickly as I only have maybe a second or two before my "puppies" start barking. The only other time is when it is really warm and I remove my top slowly, then I might get 5 minutes tops with my enlarged Areolae. Color tends to change for me between "barking" puppies and relaxed old dogs!

So I think you are quite NORMAL Alexia.