PDA

View Full Version : If you haven't told your SO

Valeries_Online
10-12-2010, 06:17 AM
For those in the closet and dressing this Halloween could this be the first step in introducing yourself to your significant other? You don't have to hide, she won't be surprised it's you in a dress and you can express how much fun it is to you! :thumbsup:

MiamiMarie
10-12-2010, 07:33 AM
While I'm a huge supporter of honesty, I would be careful with the whole Halloween thing.

Don't get me wrong, go ahead and dress up, have fun, share a giggle with your SO. But wait until later to actually come out. Don't end a holiday evening with your big announcement. Otherwise, you will ruin her holiday or she'll think you're just joking.

Depending on your relationship and what you can ascertain is her level of acceptance, you may wish to come out to her formally, sensitively, and with factual information after the holidays. If you do this, then your Halloween adventure can help her accept your CDing.

However, if you are just starting to date, it might be a great opportunity to come clean prior to the holiday to see if this girl is a good match for you.

AKAMichelle
10-12-2010, 08:18 AM
I think the answer to the heading for this post should be - You should. I think that a wife has a right to know and you shouldn't be lying and deceiving someone you love. But I don't think halloween in a dress is a good place to tell them. It is definitely one way but having a heart to heart is a lot better. Especially one that you control how the conversation moves to some degree.

Kaelin
10-12-2010, 11:22 AM
I find Halloween an iffy day;
-On the one hand it's the "easiest" day to get away with it, you might still get some heckles and what not, but you get the "costume" card as a defense.
-On the other hand I feel like we should have the right to dress every day without ridicule, and I have to question the psychology of turning what is likely an emotional need into a "costume" .
-That said why not have some fun?

Regardless I have to agree with MiamiMarie and AKAMichelle, it's really not the best time or way to "come out" to someone you care about. I would also personally recommend coming out before any such costume, as it will seem more honest and less sudden/worrisome I would think. (you don't want to create the impression that trying the costume made you this way for example)