PDA

View Full Version : Be honest.... who hasnt "borrowed" feminine clothing?

Karren H
10-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah yeah yeah... "Borrowing" is bad!! Bad bad bad and everyone knows you should get you own clothes. But who has never ever borrowed? Especially for us mature girls who started when they were pre-teens and didn't have the means to get to a store let alone buy anything fem.. "Dad can I have my allowance for the next 6 moths to go buy a few new bras?". Anyway males weren't even allowed to walk through the ladies department... If you did you had to walk real fast and keep your eyes straight ahead!! Lol.

Come on.. Be honest!!

abigailf
10-12-2010, 03:44 PM
This is an interesting topic.

What is your definition of "Borrowed"? Can I assume you mean something that you used and returned (hopefully after having it washed).

I "Borrowed" up until a few years ago when I started buying my own things. I Borrowed stuff from my mother, sister and wife (after I was married). The thing is, they did not know about it.

I also had a friend who's dad owned a factory that manufactured Lingerie. God I love going to that place. My friend even gave me free stuff for my "girlfriend", although she never saw most of it. I purged it just before I got married.

I never "Borrowed" without returning or bought with a five finger discount. That would be just unethical.

ShellyMadison78
10-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Yup, I know I'm guilty! Of course it started with mom and my sister. Then my wife and sister when she lived with us for a short time.....almost got busted by her one morning, but that's another story!
Since my last purge, I don't really have anything to call my own except for hose and a few panties. So I borrow from the wife from time to time.....hey she wears my stuff all the time!

Sarah Michelle
10-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I had no sisters so the only women's clothing in the house was my mother's. Nothing there to borrrow. I didn't come back to cross-dressing until recently and my wife is sizes smaller than me, so no borrowing there.
And I'm picky, I like new, I like quality....
I will admit that I look at the size labels of everything that comes into the house though, just in case......

Sandygal
10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I love when a young person adds a thread about using moms or sisters clothes and then someone will write and scold him. I really can't believe most of us didn't start that way. I did. It was hard enough back then to admit to yourself that you wanted to dress up. How many of us like Karen said just ran down to the womans section and bought a few things? I don't think to many. I was very embarrased about my feelings. When a young person works up the courage to write to us, lets be very tender in our replies. They like us will someday buy there own clothes.

JenniferLynn0370
10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
I couldn't agree more; I started out borrowing my role model's clothes...Mom's...and did so until I left home. I borrowed my wife's here and there and still borrow a cute top now and then (but don't girl friends do that anyway?). But I too eventually began building my own wardrobe and have borrowed less and less. Plus, our tastes are very different.

Tess
10-12-2010, 03:58 PM
I certainly did, starting with my mother's stuff over 50 years ago. I didn't have money to buy school cloths let alone female stuff. It never entered my mind to buy my own and I don't think I could have if it had. I was well into adulthood by the time I bought my own wardrobe.

Karren H
10-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Ohhh I forgot to mention that at the end of the thread I will be chastising everyone who was bad bad!! Lol. I guess we should split that into "borrowed permanently" and "borrowed and returned"? My list is so long. I was a prolific borrower! :).

Michelle James
10-12-2010, 04:05 PM
I "borrowed" my mother's. I think that must be how most of us got started. i also borrowed fro girlfriends (they didn't know) When i got married my wife insisted that we go shopping because the thought of me wearing her stuff freaked her out. That was 35 years ago and today thanks to her I have as big a wardrobe as she does, and i'm still not allowed to wear her stuff!! LOL

Kelly Greene
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
The feelings of being different started at the age of 5 which was in 1967. Borrowing cloths was the only resource I had.
I have to admit that I have felt guilty about borrowing cloths from mom and my sisters but a child must do what a child must do. And I did apologize to my mom and little sister when I realized that cding was something I could not dispose of some time around 1997 when cding became something I have to explore and understand.

From the time I left home until now everything has been bought by me for me save for a skirt that my wife bought me to show me that she supports me.

pernille d
10-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Borrowed from mum , then borrowed and forgot to return so got busted at an early age. Borrowed a bit from the wife once I was married but soon thought that was not on. So brought my own.

Maybe there should be a 3rd section to the thread."who has had here wife borrow or ask to borrow from us" as that happens too

Ashleythenewgirl
10-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I borrowed my wife's cute denim jacket last week while she was out of town. It was a bit chilly that night and I didn't have anything to wear like that. I DID return it...to the closet and hung it up neatly.
Oh and I did borrow some things a few months ago....but I put those back too. Now that I have my own stuff...

Jilmac
10-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Wow Karren, can I relate to that. Fortunately for me I was blessed with three older sisters and would actually borrow items of clothing from them all the time. As far as "borrowing", I did plenty of that too, from clotheslines (remember when people actually hung laundry outdoors to dry?), and laundromats. I'll bet those women still wonder what happened to thier panties, bras, and slips TeeHee!

I also remember wanting so bad to be in the lingerie department at the local dept stores so I could see and feel all the pretty feminine finery but as you said, that was a no-no for boys, so all I could do was fantasize about being locked in the store overnight and having the lingerie all to myself.

TxKimberly
10-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Of course I did - back when I was a teenager terrified at the thought of buying my own.

suchacutie
10-12-2010, 04:57 PM
One advantage of starting late, and starting at the instigation of my wife, is that we offer each other clothes all the time! In my perfect world we would have the same sizes! We're working on it!

tina

Stephanie Miller
10-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Well it's a one way street in our house. Out of respect I don't wear my wifes clothes. BUT ..... I catch her borrowing stuff of mine on from time to time. Of course I don't mind because I feel it gives me some kind of validation as to my taste in clothes.

Stephenie S
10-12-2010, 05:08 PM
The question is not WHO hasn't borrowed. We all have.

The question is how can we teach that it's wrong. It is wrong. And impolite, and a bit gross, when you come right down to it.

Let's face it. YOU may think it's alright to borrow someone else's underwear. You might even loan someone your underwear with out thinking a thing about it. But women have a different view of this. They don't want you borrowing their underwear and if they found out you did they, would probably throw that particular garment away. There is a reason they call them "intimates", and if they found that you had worn them (don't even mention what you did while you were wearing them), they would be disgusted.

I know I would be. PLEASE don't borrow my underwear. And especially please don't borrow my underwear and "come" in it. Ick.

And clothes? Sorry. Same problem. It's not gonna fit you and you will stretch it all out of shape, put little tears at the seams, and ruin the zipper.

Yes, buy your own. I know that for a beginner, that's very hard. Maybe we should have a clothes bank here where for a nominal postage fee, you could put all our castoffs to good use.

Stephie

Sam-antha
10-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Borrowed ? Of course. Back in the beginning there was not much other choice. It took rash bravery to buy something that really was intended for my wife. Later I came to believe it was for her but I knew that it was for me.
One thing against borrowing is the the owner usually knows whatever it was that was borrowed had been moved/refolded//.
None of us can hope to fold any item, large or small in the way that it was originally folded. Even hanging a skirt in a wardrobe has its little quirks.

~Samm

JohnH
10-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I really cannot borrow anything from my wife. It would be awfully slim pickings since her clothes don't fit me. Even if they did, she has hardly any skirts and dresses and no heels - I have far more of those items than she does and I wear those items on a regular basis. The only time I have seen her in a skirt was when we got married. I have never seen her wear any one-piece dresses other than sleepwear.

Christie ann
10-12-2010, 05:13 PM
me too.
From my mom mostly. Lots of memories trying to fold just right and place back exactly. She more than likely knew all about me but never said a word and neither did I.

Karren H
10-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Hers my list

Mother, sister, step sister, grandmother, aunt, step mother, girls across the street, 5 or 6 girl friends, wife, female boarder, second female boarder who ended up being my 10th grade english teacher, friends sisters next door neighbor (long story)... Couple girls in the dorm.... Couple random girls I slept with at college.... Step sisters friend...

Kerrylee61
10-12-2010, 05:31 PM
In our house, my wife and I share whatever clothes we can whenever we want. Shoes, well that becomes problamatic... Damm

Kerry

Rachael502
10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Actually my wife borrowed one of my bra extenders recently.......and she has worn a blouse or two of mine.......nothing of hers fits me!

Ohhh...and we use each other's makeup, except for mascara....

aprilgirl
10-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Sure, I "temporarily adopted" my older sister's clothing back during the early days of discovery. Like others have written there was'nt many other options available at the time. They always borrowed each others items, which always led to one or the other starting an argument. I'm pretty sure that at least once a wrinkled or misplaced article was on account of me.

As an adult, I've had the resources and acceptance at home to assemble my own wardrobe. When I have worn something of my wife's its because it was handed to me.

Charleen
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Guilty as charged your Honor!

justbejulie2
10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Borrowed lots of course. But one of the best "keepers" was a balled-up set of black fishnet stockings that I found in a parking lot. It was snowy and slushy, but they were perfectly dry and clean. I would like to know the story of how they magically just fell there waiting for Julie to pick them up.

Now here is a freakier question? Prefer new or pre-worn????????

Karren H
10-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Sounds like some crossdresser threw it out if his car before his girlfriend found it, Julie? Lol.

SusanMarie
10-12-2010, 06:53 PM
No, never did...but...while the resistance was not futile...the resistance was exceptionally depressing and painful.

justbejulie2
10-12-2010, 06:56 PM
:)Never thought of that one....
When I look that the posts, everyone else shows a picture on the left of the message (if they have one attached to their profile). I don't see my picture. Does everyone else see it? Not sure if I'm ravishing or revolting. LOL. But I've told my two boys many times, they have two things they will eventually thank me for. They won't get fat, and they won't go bald.

Sophie86
10-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Mom, two sisters, and wife. :o

Now my wife borrows my things. :)

Carly D
10-12-2010, 07:24 PM
I think that is how it starts.. I can't say that there are very many who start by buying their own clothes.. I know, stupid thing to say, of course everyone "barrows" to start.. I did barrow really regular, and by barrow I mean take for a check out and never return.. How many pantyhose did I do that with?? Many, and let's leave it at that..

BLUE ORCHID
10-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi Karen

Mother sister aunt and wife but don't tell her she don't have any sense of humor about CDing
Now I have enough that I don't need to borrow anymore.

Orchid

Karren H
10-12-2010, 07:44 PM
No, never did...but...while the resistance was not futile...the resistance was exceptionally depressing and painful.

I'm getting the urge for a 7 of 9 outfit for halloween al of a sudden! Lol. God that must have been bad!!

Barbara Dugan
10-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Yes I am guilty too...my first clothes were from a box from a multifamily garage sale that mysteriously disappeared and I think I still got one top from that box:D

Bob Roe
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
I started at abut ten years of age with my mom's rubber girdle. i found the restriction interesting.

erica12b
10-12-2010, 09:01 PM
if they where throwing it out , its fare game right , not borrowed , and never planed to return it, and ex's stuff just can not count i meen i bought it for her an she did not like it ( she just has no taste) and then when we split i knew she was going to thro it out , or sell it , that cant count can it ,? and when i was a kid maybe i did a bit maybe lol am i a bad person for it im so ashamed

Tess
10-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Hers my list

Mother, sister, step sister, grandmother, aunt, step mother, girls across the street, 5 or 6 girl friends, wife, female boarder, second female boarder who ended up being my 10th grade english teacher, friends sisters next door neighbor (long story)... Couple girls in the dorm.... Couple random girls I slept with at college.... Step sisters friend...

My list is embarrassingly short...mother, wife

Cassi3
10-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Guilty as charged! :devil:

From my sister and step-sister.

Now... what's my reward!? :D

sissystephanie
10-12-2010, 09:24 PM
I "borrowed" my sisters panties when I started as a CD at age 6+. When I was in my early teens, and doing all kinds of work to earn money, I bought my own panties. Since a doctor had said I needed to wear a bra when I was 9, the family bought them! Since then I have always bought my own, since my late wife and I were not anywhere near the same size in our early years together. She could, and did, wear some on my things!! But it was much later in our life before I could wear any of her things! I still have a few of her things!:love:

Jay Cee
10-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I have to admit to borrowing and "borrowing" a few times in my life. I'm definitely not proud of the latter, and the former was more an act of convenience (and fear of buying my own).

WandaRae2009
10-12-2010, 09:35 PM
It started with mom's as many of us. All was returned immediately after use, I never kept anything.

Then as most it moved to my wife. Everything went back into the drawer or closet, I really didn't have anywhere to really hide it. I think I may have overstretched a couple of shoes since they were really too small. I then started to acquire a few things from the goodwill bags, bras she didn't like or other clothes. Then she lost a lot of weight, and nothing in the closet fit me anymore. That is when I started getting brave and shopping in some stores, and got up the nerve to buy my first clothes. All was a secret from my wife for many years. Now that I have come out to her, she knows I have stuff, knows where I keep it but doesn't want to see it. She does not support the crossdressing but she knows that I used her clothing over the years and really didn't get angry over that and didn't demand that I never borrow again.

There has been a couple of times she commented that she wished she had something that I knew I had, but I didn't dare to offer. Maybe someday she will be that accepting and we can share, assuming that we are still the same size.

Karren H
10-12-2010, 09:40 PM
The question is not WHO hasn't borrowed. We all have.

The question is how can we teach that it's wrong. It is wrong. And impolite, and a bit gross, when you come right down to it.

Let's face it. YOU may think it's alright to borrow someone else's underwear. You might even loan someone your underwear with out thinking a thing about it. But women have a different view of this. They don't want you borrowing their underwear and if they found out you did they, would probably throw that particular garment away. There is a reason they call them "intimates", and if they found that you had worn them (don't even mention what you did while you were wearing them), they would be disgusted.

I know I would be. PLEASE don't borrow my underwear. And especially please don't borrow my underwear and "come" in it. Ick.

And clothes? Sorry. Same problem. It's not gonna fit you and you will stretch it all out of shape, put little tears at the seams, and ruin the zipper.

Yes, buy your own. I know that for a beginner, that's very hard. Maybe we should have a clothes bank here where for a nominal postage fee, you could put all our castoffs to good use.

Stephie

Yeah!! As a 7 year old wandering into my mothers closet I'm sure that was the first thing I thought about? Please. We all know Its "bad". I already qualified that in the first post... But that didn't and won't stop us as long as in our minds (as kids) we are taught that its better to be a thief than a pervert!! Guess we should post a sign on your wifes closet door.... "Attention male children of the house.... If you want to wear womens clothing... Please use you own allowance"?

So you never borrowed anything?

Bobbi Lynn
10-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Not much choice when I started at 4-5 years old, Grandmother, Mother, Aunt, ex wife present wife. Early teen I borrowed a full nylon slip that was in the sewing basket for repairs (for some reason it never was never fixed) so...I ended up with it tile I purged after high school and going into the military.

NathalieX66
10-12-2010, 10:02 PM
I borrowed a few nightgowns from my mom when I was a young teen, hoping she whouldn't notice the missing things from her dresser drawer.
Wrong. She picked up on that quite quickly.

When I was not full grown, I snatched a corduroy skirt from her walk-in closet, and shortened the hem by using duct tape so that it was proportioned for my height.
Bad Idea......She caught on once she saw the duct tape residue on the corduroy.

Such was the good old days.

Kari Lynn Franks
10-12-2010, 10:06 PM
my sister was 1 yr younger than me and we were the same size so at the age of 6 I was always stealing her panties and it was reallynice when she started wearing training bras she even knew I was wearing them and didnt care I was so lucky

t-girlxsophie
10-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I borrowed a few nightgowns from my mom when I was a young teen, hoping she whouldn't notice the missing things from her dresser drawer.
Wrong. She picked up on that quite quickly.

Oh! my how i can relate to this Nathalie.I "borrowed" from my mothers wardrobe many times in my youth,but i was the worlds worst at disguising that fact,lost count how many times i was discovered,not proud of It but that was way it had to be.

Stayed over at my grans house and wore my Aunts Clothing,as she was as near I had to my age,bought my own stuff during my first marriage,only occasionally taking my wifes things.

These days a lot of fun is to be had from my Wife and me,borrowing each others Clothing as we are the same size,and share the same tastes

:hugs:Sophie

Alice Torn
10-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Yep. I fess up.

AmandaM
10-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Mother, sister, aunt, girlfriends, 3 female roommates, wife, lady who I house sat for, friends who were girls, friend's sisters, friend's girlfriends, friend's mom's, sister-in-law, cousins, dancers, Las Vegas showgirl.

Blaire
10-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Once a part of the workforce, never! CD Rule #2. Nowadays, there's a bit of a trade thing... but that's a whole different story!

As a kid though... some girls were flattered to "donate" things to remember them by.

rachellenicole
10-12-2010, 10:56 PM
But of course... I borrowed my moms stuff when I first started at a very young age, then progressed to... "Pilfering" panties, bras etc. from my cousins, aunts and laundry rooms. I also tried on (Borrowed) my cousins clothes when ever I was visiting and had time alone. I would determine which pair of panties I thought I could take with out getting caught. Eventually I asked my mom to purchase panties for me, then I started buying my own stuff when in High School.

Rach

Michaela42
10-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, I guess you could say that I borrowed my Mother's shoes and dresses when I was young (and small enough) that they fit me; but I never wore any of her underthings with the exceptions of pantyhose. I did have a bit of a collection of clothing and shoes that came from bags destined for charity, or at least I did until my Mother found the stashes. I was not able to articulate just why I wanted to wear/keep feminine clothing at the time so she took them for the charity drives. I did not like that but at least the clothes may have gone on to help some girl in the end. This and the fact that I grew rapidly during my teen years placed a pause on my dressing, but after I was on my own and had my own money and whatnot (and again my size) meant that I no longer had to (or could).

For the younger members of the forum I know a lot of us frown on the action of 'borrowing' but I really do not see too much harm in it (with the exception of undergarments) as long as you do not keep it. Hence the term borrow. But to each their own I guess.

Karren H
10-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Mother, sister, aunt, girlfriends, 3 female roommates, wife, lady who I house sat for, friends who were girls, friend's sisters, friend's girlfriends, friend's mom's, sister-in-law, cousins, dancers, Las Vegas showgirl.

Yeah!! Showgirl sounds like fun!! :).

Noemi
10-13-2010, 12:41 AM
This is a great thread.
I had borrowed my Moms stuff off and on for years. She would borrow it back and I would get so embarrassed, plus she would make fun of me, which hurt. I have all brothers etc...
I was borrowing stuff until very recently, maybe 1 year ago when it hit me that it does not feel good to take things from people, I do not need that kind of high, and not to be self righteous, it goes directly against who I am.
It is just being a Cder..where are we going to get clothes, I was never bold enough or honest enough with myself to get my own. Than we are hit with the urge to dress...I wake in the middle of the night wanting to shave sometimes...Anyway I am guilty but it is unlikely that I will do it again...think of how those people feel when their stuff is missing, not a good feeling. Hey what about that old Woody Allan movie Every thing you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask or something like that..with I believe the character Sam does some cding...

Tamara Barclay
10-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Mom, Sister, Sister, girls I went to school with, lady I baby sat for, another lady I baby sat for,a nun, girl friends, friends of girl friends, first wife, a few more girl friends, second wife, mother in laws....i am guilty

Patty B.
10-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Just like everyone else was a borrower, mother, sister, a few clothes packed in attic, starting around age 8 or 9 not sure. Eventually able to purchase my own, but purged long before marriage, also thought this would all go away, then wifes. Now I have some of my own and some things that my wife will no longer wear.

k lynn
10-13-2010, 06:24 AM
I borrowed from my older sister till my mom caught me then she bought me my own

BRANDYJ
10-13-2010, 06:42 AM
Oddly enough, I had never borrowed my mom's stuff, or even my sisters. That is other then the full white slip that hung in the bathroom that kind of started it all at age 10 or so. But I never even put it on. I found a discarded stash of female clothes in an empty garage apartment behind our house and that was enough for me in those first couple of years. Later, married, my wife was so tiny I could not borrow hers if I wanted to. But a few raids on those donation boxes for Goodwill did the trick. But for most of my adult life I bought my own and think it is very wrong as an adult to borrow anyone's clothes without permission. And I never ask to borrow either. But I cherish some of the hand me downs from my partners in the past.

Byanca
10-13-2010, 06:49 AM
I borrowed from my mother and grandmother. From others I stole, as I had no intention of returning them. I stopped doing that when I was 18 or something. And have gotten my clothes from stores since.

Mistybtm
10-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm guilty! Of course it started with mom.

TiffanyTgirl
10-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Nice thread. I borrowed mom's stuff in the early years. Bought some when I got older (high school) Have borrowed from wife 22 yrs ago. Had all my own ever since. Wish I still had all the stuff I purged over the years!

maggiecdva
10-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Ok I admit I'm guilty of this also. Like Karen said expecially when younger. I started when I was 12 or so and the opportunity to buy my own clothes was pretty much nonexistant. So it started with borrowing from my mom's clothes, sometimes from the laundry hamper (do people still use "hampers") and sometimes from her dresser. I was lucky my sister was 9 years older than me so for much of my time she was away at college and I had the chance to borrow from her left over undies.

One semi-funny story happened when I was in High School and my mother who was a real estate agent called me at school, they actually called me out of class .... apparently my mother had a meeting and she needed her black slip. She couldn't find it because I had it and hid it in my dresser. I didn't have time to return it I guess. Anyway she asked where it was and said she was in a hurry. I told her and then I dreaded coming home that day .... I don't remember what happened .... maybe I'm blocking it out :).

hugs - maggie

suzy1
10-13-2010, 07:56 AM
I can actually remember putting on my mothers old nightdress and sleeping in it when I was 4 years old. Guess that makes me a normal average C.D.er, yes?

SUZY

Karren H
10-13-2010, 09:04 AM
One semi-funny story happened when I was in High School and my mother who was a real estate agent called me at school, they actually called me out of class .... apparently my mother had a meeting and she needed her black slip. She couldn't find it because I had it and hid it in my dresser. I didn't have time to return it I guess. Anyway she asked where it was and said she was in a hurry. I told her and then I dreaded coming home that day .... I don't remember what happened .... maybe I'm blocking it out :).

hugs - maggie

Omg... That would be embarrassing!! And brings back memories. We had rented a room to a student teacher and when she wasn't around I went through her lingerie drawer. (Bad bad bad... I know). But she must have said something to my mother who cornered me and asked me if I did it which I admitted I did go through her drawer... Looking for change. Appearently being a crook was better than being a pervert. Lol. I think my mom knew. She just let it slide.

SherriePall
10-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Guilty. And that's all I'm going to say as I sit here in a two-piece dress I borrowed.

Lois Page
10-13-2010, 09:49 AM
No, I never borrowed. Since I didn't start cross-dressing until much later in life, I had no female relatives (close by), friends, etc to borrow from. Never married, so no wife to borrow from. When I started, I bought my own things. Sorry to be the odd one out.
Lois

Karren H
10-13-2010, 10:06 AM
No, I never borrowed. Since I didn't start cross-dressing until much later in life, I had no female relatives (close by), friends, etc to borrow from. Never married, so no wife to borrow from. When I started, I bought my own things. Sorry to be the odd one out.
Lois

Yea!!! Lois wins the first ever Crossdressers Integrity Award!!! Yet your story saddens me somewhat. More like you missed out on your crossdressers right of passage or something. As strange as that sounds...

Guilty. And that's all I'm going to say as I sit here in a two-piece dress I borrowed.

Past sins can and will be forgiven, Sherrie..... But new ones? Your on your own! lol.

Tina B.
10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Yes me too, I "Borrowed from Mom, and older sister often. Neighbors clothes line a time or two, I know I'm not that nice of a person! Cousins and friend where not that save either. As you said karren, in the 50's being a thief was Honorable, compared to being a cross dresser (Transvestite back then). I never did buy anything until I got married the first time, and told my wife I cross dressed, It saved her stuff from getting stretched out so often. I purged after the divorce, and didn't buy anything again until after I told my second wife about my strange hobby. I still borrow from my wife, but now it's with her permission. Oh, and I belong to both groups, borrowed and returned and "borrowed and forgot to return". But I still say you shouldn't do it, it makes women crazy!
Tina B.

AKAMichelle
10-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Just a few things :o

Tess
10-13-2010, 11:39 AM
So far, besides the expected answers to the original post, we've had a showgirl and a nun. It makes me realize what a sheltered life I've led.

Karren H
10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
A nun!! If there is a god I hope she has a sense of humor on that one!! Lol.

Foxy Lady
10-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I wore moms underware and stockings, Ialso had an aunt who had nothing but black lingere and stockings and managed to borrow some of them and get them back without being caught.

SherriePall
10-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Karren -- My wife knows I borrow from time-to-time (never intimates since I have enough of my own). She, however, doesn't want to know what I have worn. Even though when she buys some new outfit and brings it home and a day or two goes by, she will ask how I like it (insinuating that I tried it on).
Oh, well, once a ......

Karren H
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
That sounds like a great situation Sherrie!! Aka way better than mine... Sigh.... Have I told you I hated you lately? :D

FroboMay
10-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I, too, had my first experience with cd result from a borrowed article.

When I was 12 I had a long time friend who lived across the street, we had been friends since we were little.
We went swimming together at her house frequently, and one day I had a strange thought as her side brushed against my arm on an especially narrow walkway one one side of the pool. I really really liked the way the material felt on my arm, and I began to think about what it would feel like to wear something like that. I thought about it all night and the next day, in fact.
Sometime within the next few days, we ended up in her bedroom about to go outside for a walk to the nearby lake when she left to use the bathroom. As I sat in the room alone for a minute I saw the bikini still laying out on the floor from a few days ago, so in a mad burst of spontaneity I grabbed the two-piece and shoved them into the backpack that I had with me containing our drinks and some food. I made up some excuse that I had to run home quick and I'd be right back... shoved the two piece under my mattress for later inspection :heehee:
She was an early bloomer too, so at 12 the bikini had a considerable cup-size, and I used some water balloons as make-shift breast forms. As I felt the weight, and the bounce.. and stood in front of the mirror to see my new shape, there was a feeling I cant really describe, but I think it was closest to extremely happy excitement, like a kid when the amusement park is coming into view down the road, lol.
Sorry if I went a little off topic, that was the only thing I really ever borrowed.. never did return it, my parents found it eventually and threw it away... and I would never steal something now. It was just a rush of childish curiosity and "I want that". I havnt really dressed much since (Im 22 now), but Im really excited to be looking into these things with the adult resources (Such as money and internet) now at my disposal :).

SherriePall
10-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Not lately, Karren. It's not all roses as it may sound. She doesn't approve and has never seen me dressed. She moans about my buying clothing, make-up, or jewelry. I tell her she can do the same, but she doesn't like shopping for those things like I do.

karynspanties
10-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Many times to both. I started at about 4 or 5 years old with my moms panties and slips. Then when I discovered my sisters stuff at a later age of about 8, it was game on!! I got caught so many times by both of them. When ever my sister was missing a half slip or panties, she just came into my room and told me to "give em up". And I did. Then I swiped some stuff from neighbors, closelines, aunts, cousins and even a few stores. Not proud of it, but I did do it and won't sit here on a high horse and say that I never did. Once I was older and had my own money, I bought my own stuff. Now my collection is so big it's ridiculous........

Karren H
10-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Ok I officially hate you less Sherrie!

AndreaS
10-13-2010, 04:04 PM
I definitely "borrowed" from sister while I was a pre-teen and as a teen. There was no other way to get my hands on anything without borrowing.

giuseppina
10-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Guilty as charged. I borrowed Mother's clothes when I was younger.

I definitely "borrowed" from sister while I was a pre-teen and as a teen. There was no other way to get my hands on anything without borrowing.
This was my situation. I've also bought stuff, only to have it disappear without a trace.

JustAlex
10-13-2010, 05:26 PM
I have borrowed... I have stolen...
I shouldn't say "stolen". Let's call it long lease. Stuff that my mother abandoned ended up in my permanent stock.
I have to say that I've been always very careful with borrowed stuff, even more than with my own.

msginaadoll
10-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Aww Karen do I have to be honest? Yes I certainly have borrowed others clothes. It seems like many of us have. Of course its the wrong thing to do and nobody else should do it! But of course I had no choice and..........Oh what the heck I was never good at being holier than though, thats why I will not chastize others.

Marcia Blue
10-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I too, am guilty of borrowing. First Mom's, usually from the hamper, later my sisters.
Think my sister my have caught on though. She liked a pair of jeans I had. They were feminine, no back pockets. She started borrowing them from me, without asking. Hmph:hmph: of all the nerve. My Mom did catch me once, wearing her clothes, she just turned and walked away. Later she asked if I returned everything and never said another word. I did borrow tops and skirts from my ex and my DSW, I tried to stick to things, from way in the back of the closet, that they no longer wore

Jocelyn Quivers
10-13-2010, 06:12 PM
This is so hard for to admit, and I can finally come clean about it after all of these years. I have also taken my mother's and sister's clothes as a child, and if they ever read this post, I'M SORRY!!! It feels good to get that off my chest.

Loni
10-13-2010, 06:24 PM
yes back when i was just a kid, i was sizes smaller than my sister, but about 10 grade that changed...big time. my wife's not a chance, she was a good three four sizes smaller this I.
but now i fit into my moms things, or should i say she fits mine, she has been know to snatch a item or three from my closet. and give me some of her unused items, some are ok...others well lets just say, wall hangers.

but i always have loved to shop.

Katie Lynn cd
10-13-2010, 06:25 PM
O.K Guilty to borrowing. Mom, Sister, Aunt, Sister In Law, Next Door Neighbor, Girl Friends Mother, Wife in that order. I am not sure why I can remember that. But it is nice to be able to do this on my own now.

Cassidy
10-13-2010, 06:33 PM
My mom god bless her soul was a professional seamstress and made costumes for a ballet company, a Shakespeare Theatre company and of course her clientele. Yes I had my run of the women's costumes and some of the one off gowns made for her clientele. I would love when the clientele would leave behind a long line bra or a girdle. (remember them?) Since Saturday evenings were her bridge nights I had the run of the studio. Of course everything had to be 'returned' by 11:00pm. I wonder if my love of Shakespeare started in mom's studio?

Karren H
10-13-2010, 06:52 PM
This is so hard for to admit, and I can finally come clean about it after all of these years. I have also taken my mother's and sister's clothes as a child, and if they ever read this post, I'M SORRY!!! It feels good to get that off my chest.

I feel like I'm taking confession... Should have worn my sexy nun costume. Wait till I pass around the offering plate! Lol.

PretzelGirl
10-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Well it's a one way street in our house. Out of respect I don't wear my wifes clothes. BUT ..... I catch her borrowing stuff of mine on from time to time. Of course I don't mind because I feel it gives me some kind of validation as to my taste in clothes.

Here here! I get it from a wife and daughter. My wife is polite and asks (sometimes after it is on :heehee:) but the daughter disappears for up to a week at a time. So I had to cut her off. The rule is only if it is back that night.

Is it borrowing if you wife is handing it to you? That was my late in life start. The few things I tried when I was young were unclaimed and in a box in the cellar. Are those borrowed?

Karren H
10-14-2010, 05:06 AM
I remember a couple instances of receiving unclaimed fem wear.... One was out at the city dump where me and a friend were messing around and I came across a box of womens clothing someone threw away. I hid it and came back later alone and picked through it but there wasn't a lot I could fit into.

I also remember my Grand mothers girdle collection. She was like the queen of foundations. And she hired me to paint her house... So every day I'd arrive just before she went to work... Start painting and after she left... Go in and play dress up... Someone times I'd underdress and go back out and paint... But by the time she got home from work I had put every thing away... She was amazed at how slow the painting was going... :). so I really didn't borrow anything... But getting paid to crossdress was pretty cool! Lol.

jessica renee
10-14-2010, 05:06 AM
Guilty as charged as well. When I first started dressing in my pre-teen years, I really had no choice but to borrow from mom and sister. They were the only ones, though. Nowadays, I buy my own.

Lorna
10-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Like so many others, I borrowed my mother's things. This was when I was between 12 and 17 in the late 1950s. I had no sisters or brothers. When I started looking at girls - but before acquiring my first "girlfriend" - I was fascinated by their clothes, especially their skirts, stockings and the mysteries of what they wore underneath. I was very ignorant about such things. Circumstances at home gave me two afternoons a week when I was alone in the house and I decided to put on one of my mother's skirts, just the skirt. I sat and did my homework in it and enjoyed experiencing how the schoolgirls I saw each day must have felt as they also did their homework. At around 12 or 13 some of the girls I saw started wearing stockings, so I wanted to see how that felt. I found some old nylons in my mother's drawer and wore them with the borrowed skirt. Without suspenders they didn't stay up and I knew the elastic bands I used were not really how girls wore them but at least I could experience the sensations of having smooth nylon on my legs...and getting my seams straight! At that age I was about the same height and a bit slimmer than my mother. I found a couple of old girdles at the bottom of her drawer and borrowed that. It was high-waisted and I wore a leather belt around the waist to stop it slipping down but it allowed me to find out what it felt like to wear stockings and suspenders under a skirt....just as those girls did that I watched on my way to school.

I was ultra careful to put everything back exactly as I had found it - same place, folded the same way - and, for the most part, the things I borrowed were ones my mother no longer wore. I don't think she knew or suspected. I never soiled any of her clothes and always wore my own underpants. As I grew older, I used every opportunity to find out what girls and women I knew wore - a quick look in a drawer while everyone was in the garden, a peep in the laundry basket in someone's bathroom, etc. but I didn't wear other women's clothes. Much later, I managed to buy or otherwise legally acquire my own. I do feel guilty. I shouldn't have tried my mother's things, but in 1950s Britain I knew of no other way.

Jennifer Marie P.
10-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Of course I borrowed my friends dress today,

TiffanyTgirl
10-14-2010, 07:34 AM
I think younger crossdressers have it a little easier than us older girls. Parents weren't that understanding back then especially dads. You had to fit the traditional role. People are more open now and borrowing isn't quite so tough. Maybe. I guess. I don't know for sure. But it seems like it is. Oh well, I started, I borrowed, I repent.
Sister Karren, hear my confession, forgive me for borrowing. Please give me my pennance.

Karren H
10-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Sister Karren, hear my confession, forgive me for borrowing. Please give me my pennance.

Say 5 hail Karrens and send me your favorite LBD and all will be forgiven! :D

TiffanyTgirl
10-14-2010, 08:06 AM
Hail Karren, full of style, blessed are you among crossdressers, ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto.
LBD ended up in a purge. How ever Can I send you a KOHL's gift card?

Karren H
10-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Lol. I'll send your request up the ladder... And will let you know what SHE decides! :D

TiffanyTgirl
10-14-2010, 08:30 AM
(Bowing and with folded hands) Thank you Sister Karren, May you fly upon angel's wings

NicoleScott
10-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I have borrowed and returned, and borrowed without the intention of returning. In college, a female grad student who lived in the apartment above mine asked me to feed her cat for a long holiday weekend, and gave me a key. She had a beautiful brown wig, just touching the shoulder, straight with blunt cut bangs, just the kind I love (maybe this is why!). I borrowed it. And returned it. I hope I remembered to feed the cat.
At about twelve, our scout troop met in a church which had a used clothing drive. On top of a grocery bag full of clothes was a pair of 5 inch high heels, pumps, the kind of material that is dyed for special occasions like weddings. These were mauve. Probably worn only once. I snuck a look at the size. My size! I managed to borrow, ...er, steal... them. They fit perfectly. I kept them hidden in my bedroom, and wore them often behind a locked door. I know, shame on me.

ArleneRaquel
10-14-2010, 06:55 PM
At the age of 8 or 9 I borrowed my mothers slip and nylons, a few year lated I graduated to panties & pantyhose. I dont remember ever borrowing something from my wife, but if I did it would have been pantyhose.

Jocelyn Quivers
10-17-2010, 08:00 AM
I feel like I'm taking confession... Should have worn my sexy nun costume. Wait till I pass around the offering plate! Lol.

Thanks Karren, I would take you up on this offer but I just remembered, I'm a Protestant Chick!!