PDA

View Full Version : Heaven and Hell - and the joys (?) of living in the middle

KlaireLarnia
10-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Quick point, there is no real point to this. I just kinda wanted to say it and voice it out to anyone who cares to listen:

---

Yesterday my wife had to fly back to her home country. So I am alone with my daughter for the next 10 days (well 9 now). As my daughter is at school in the day this leaves me at home redecorating the bathroom as I have taken time off work to help look after her while my wife is away.

Nothing unusual there, but with my wife away and my daughter at school I have a chance to dress more while I am doing the bathroom and also a little more freely in the morning/evening. I will still adhere to the rule of my daughter not seeing me dressed in obviously female clothes.

When I got up I put on my jeans and also a loose female top - which was then covered with a zip up jumper when it was time to wake my daughter up and then put the washing outside to dry.

After dropping her to school, I got back home to start the bathroom. This time changing to a comfortable denim dress to work. The only time I was not in a denim dress was when the door bell rang and I covered up (quickly) with my jeans and jumper.

When it was time to pick my daughter up I changed out of the dress back into the top and jeans - again covering the top when I went to her school. While cooking dinner for us, I had the zip of my jumper at around half-way so you could see part of the patterned top underneath but not much. Not a mummer from my daughter - she didn't appear to really pay any attention.

Also today a shoulder bag I ordered off Ebay arrived and I am VERY happy with it as it is way better in real life than in the picture. This is one of 3 bags I am getting for use when I go away. Okay so where am I going with this?

---

Well here: At the moment I am in a heaven and hell situation. On one hand I can dress more freely which is great and I love this. On the other hand I have to cover up/change at certain times when frankly I see no reason why I have to which is very frustrating. I feel happy and comfortable in womens clothes, it is natural and it no stranger than a girl in a shirt or a loose fitting top to me. I have already got my top sorted for tomorrow which I am looking forward to wearing. I will again be "DIY man in womens clothes" tomorrow as I work.

This week and next week I am okay, but when my wife gets back I am going to have to stop and go back to "male mode" only in the house. No spending 3 hours in the evening in a low cut top and long skirt as I am now. No sleeping in a nightdress as I will. No spending all day in... well whatever takes my fancy.

The world really pisses me off at times. I cannot do this "on Femme" lark. I am not female, I do not want to look or pass as female but I really do want to wear the same types of clothing and for that I sit in this heaven and hell place where I can, but only at certain times/situations. When I got ready to get my daughter I sat there and thought "Why do I have to change? What is wrong with this top?" and then covered it up and remembered that there was nothing wrong with the top - just a load wrong with society.

That said I am planning my next business trip more. I have one of the bags I want which will be worn in public, I also have a couple of purses to go in them. I have a couple of women's coats turning up this week to keep me warm. Now all I need is a part of 1-2 inch heeled shoes and I am sorted and ready to do. I will again be a man in women's clothes walking around in public and boy am I looking forward to it.

Klaire
(who is using the excuse she is tired and needs to sleep to excuse that jumble of words and thoughts up there).

Stephanie Miller
10-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Just wanted to touch on a point that caught my eye. Could have read it wrong, so correct me if need be. You said "I will still adhere to the rule of my daughter not seeing me dressed". Then later you said " I had the zip of my jumper at around half-way so you could see part of the patterned top underneath" Kind of sounds like a kid pushing the boundaries to see where the limit is. They always find the limit AFTER they cross it. You and/or your SO have a rule about the daughter not knowing, or you wouldn't have stated the first comment. So why, just because the SO is gone, do you push it? What makes it O.K. in the family formula to do this? Wouldn't it be better to discuss this desire, to open up to the family, so it is done with mutual agreement with the SO - rather than sneak until caught - then have to face the consequences? I have raise two daughters and have a 9 year old granddaughter. They're quite perceptive a that age. Just because she didn't say something to you, doesn't mean she won't to mom. I don't think I want to be under that fan when "it" hits. :doh: