PDA

View Full Version : "Smokin" in Michigan

PricillaDame
10-13-2010, 10:48 PM
I just did something that I did not believe I would ever do...

I am working up in Michigan, where all the motels are all non-smoking. I had brought my bag and was doing some much needed dress-up, when I decided I want a cigarette. Since I have to go outside to smoke, I'll have to take off my makeup, nails, clothes, etc. and change back into my male clothes.

But then a thought crossed my mind...

It's raining and about 11pm; not very many people will be out around the motel. The problem is, most of the stuff I bring on the road leans more toward the "****ty" side.

But I made my mind up. I dig out a medium length leopand print dress and my black thigh boots, and along with my makeup, nails, jewelry and wig, I open the door.

I was on the 3rd floor, so I have to walk about 400' of hallway and down three flights of stairs to get outside. BUT I DID IT.

I had 2 cigarettes and came back up. I knew that someone would come out of their room or off the elevator, but no one did.

I got back to the room and the rush I got was fabulous!! :D Why have I never did this before?

I now know that I will go out in public again; this has given me a confidence I never had. I'll just bring more casual clothes next time (Ha!).

Aprilrain
10-13-2010, 11:09 PM
That's great! My first outing was at a motel as well. I have since gone back to that motel and checked in dressed. I made no attempt to pass since I was going to use my credit card. The woman working the desk didn't bat an eye was courteous and professional. I have been going out a lot now to the store. I like the grocery store because they have make up and self service lanes. I probably don't pass but I just try to blend in pretend that I feel confident. Fake it till you make it right! First time out during the day last week. Went to dillards and bought some clothes. When I went to check out I believe I was passing until I opened my mouth to tell the woman behind the counter that I for got my wallet. When I returned she was very nice and made small talk with me. Good luck with your next outing. If you want to test the waters with people about try the gas station. You can fill up your car your in public there may be others filling their cars but you don't have to interact with anyone. If you get spooked just hang up the pump get in your car and drive away.

Chloe Renee
10-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Good for you, finally some good comes from Michigan's smoking ban. Note I am not a smoker.
It sounds like this smoke break will lead to some future adventures. Once the closet door is cracked open it is hard to close.

erickka
10-14-2010, 05:43 AM
A lot of us girls have done things like you just did. That's one plus of being away from home where nobody knows you. You can do a venture such as that without worrying about someone you know seeing you.

Freddy12
10-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Congratulations! The first time "out" is always the most difficult. As you get more and more confidence, you will begin to interact with others, and that can be a real rush. Again, congratulations!

msginaadoll
10-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Very cool Priscilla! Where r ya in Michigan? I am in the Detroit area (Eastpointe to Clinton Township) Friday nights is Rainbow Room and Saturday night is Gigis- Love to met ya and say hi! Remeber there is strength in numbers!!!!

AKAMichelle
10-14-2010, 08:45 PM
you should have left you room key in the room. It would have been another level of cool to get another key. :D