PDA

View Full Version : Funny Today When I Got My Nails Done

Joan_CD
10-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi All;

I went to get a manicure today at the place where I usually just get pedicures. I usually don't dress when I go, but today I was out shopping and decided to get them done while I was out.

Well, when I walked in the lady said hi and walked by me. When she walked by again she looked really hard and smiled and said... "you look really nice". We started laughing a bit and she said I look so much younger and prettier in makeup. Then she said.... "Don't you dare come in here dressed like a man again. You should never dress like a man again!!!!!!".

I have to admit I laughed out loud at that one!

Sarah Doepner
10-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Joan,
That wasn't a laugh over something that was funnyl. That is a laugh of relief and satisfaction. Good for you to take the step and see that you have more options and open doors than you ever thought possible.

JohnH
10-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Joan,
I have to say your avatar really looks cute.

sissystephanie
10-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Joan, that lady was right! Looking as good as you do in your Avatar, you should go dressed every time. I get a manicure/pedicure every two weeks and always go dressed. The difference for me is that I do not wear a wig or makeup. I am not at all good with those 2 things, and my late wife always did them for me. Since she paased away I just go out as a guy in a skirt, or dress. Been doing it for 5 years now, and no problems!! Oh yes, I do frequently get compliments on my outfits from both employees and other lady customers!!

Brenda456
10-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Sweet! Very cool and fun.

Alice B
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
That's a great result. I have often wondered what would happen if I came in dressed when I have my nails done, since I always have my toe nails painted and I'm sure all of the women there know. But, the chances of running into some that knows me is somewhat high, including some neighbors.

SherriePall
10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't know how you look drab, but you are very cute in your avatar. I had something like that happen to me a while ago after my first visit to David's Bridal. As I was paying for my gown en drab, the consultant who helped me said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but you look better as a woman than as a man." I could only answer, "I think so, too."
Really, that is a sad commentary that we spend probably 90-95 per cent of our time not looking as good as we can.
Of course, if I were you, I would take her advice and always dress when getting my nails done!

Kerrylee61
10-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Hmm, interesting.... The same thing happend to me today when I to get my "golden locks" cut and styled. I was sort of dressed androginous and my sweetheart of a stylest took note of my look today and suggested that since I am always commenting on her 4 inch stilletos that she wears I should wear mine next visit.

What the heck, I may just do that instead of going in half way so to speak.

Kerry

Diane Smith
10-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't dream of going to a hair or nail appointment in drab anymore. The salons are the best places I know to exchange feminine chit-chat and get complimented on my looks and clothes. And I get to show the other girls that I can walk in heels better than they do!

- Diane

JohnH
10-14-2010, 08:29 PM
The first time I went to a stylist instead of a barber I wore a Hawaiian shirt, denim skirt, and wedge heels. The second time I wore a men's plaid shirt, olive drab pants, and boat shoes since the weather was cool in the morning. It did not bother the stylist either way I dressed. I did fit in better the first time I went!

AKAMichelle
10-14-2010, 08:33 PM
The funny thing is that in many ways we do look better as a female than a male. And often times younger as well.

Kathryn Martin
10-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Then she said.... "Don't you dare come in here dressed like a man again. You should never dress like a man again!!!!!!".

I must say I so completely agree with that lady. You are such a beautiful woman