PDA

View Full Version : Jergens Naturally Smooth??

Keyplayer74
09-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Hello all..

My wife just came home with this stuff.. and I read the back. Does anyone know if it works on men? It says "Works great on legs and bikini area", and also "Use all over the body" -- I'm thinking.. what will it do for the face? It's supposed to reduce shaving up to half as much by making the hair softer and finer. The only drawback (assuming it works) is that you have to use it daily, and it takes about a month to see the full results.

TammyB
09-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Its a hair growth inhibitor right?

Im trying somthing simliar (boots bodyscience hair minimising leg lotion) on my facial hair. It doesnt seem to have done much after a couple of weeks allthough shaving might be a bit easier. I've kind of given up on it for that purpose. I have read of people getting results on male facial hair though (allthough others have said its crap).

I'm trying it on my legs now, I expect it will work as thats what its meant for.

I would guess it will work on any hair that isnt really strong or deeply rooted. Give it a try and let us know how you get on :)

JocelynG
09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I've use Jergens Naturally Smooth on my face, chest, and legs. There is a very slight difference in my chest but hardly a difference on my face. I only have to shave my legs every other week though. Of course I haven't done it steadily daily for a month. I will do it and report back

SKINNYGIRL
09-07-2005, 01:18 PM
I used it all of last winter. It made my skin softer, shaving seemed easier, but this summer it grew back as easy as it ever had. In the next few weeks, I will try using it again, and hopefully, it will NEVER grow back!

Jessica_six
09-07-2005, 02:28 PM
I've been using this product for about a year now and it doesn't work as well on men as it does on women, but it does work some.
It hasn't reduced the amount of shaving I do (2 to 3 times a week for body and once a day for face), it really just makes my hair finer and softer. Even on my 'intimate' parts, so it's easier to shave now with less nicks and cuts. I also get more shaves per razor now also.

Since it does make my hair softer and finer, my body and leg stubble is not as noticeable or rough anymore, either. Before using it, if you felt my legs the day after shaving, it would feel like fine grade sandpaper because if the stubble. Now I can actually go the time between shaving and still feel relatively smooth.

It works, just not as well for men.
At least on me.

Maddie Knight
09-07-2005, 03:10 PM
I use something similar on my arms and find it works quite well. havent tried it on my face though.

DonnaT
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
I use Aveeno Positively Smooth Moisture Lotion which is also a minimizer.

My 5 o'clock shadow now occurs the next morning. It does not make the hair on my face or underarms any finer, however. It just slows the regrowth.

Note that both products contain soy extracts, and soy has naturally occurring plant estrogens.

Olivia
09-07-2005, 06:45 PM
I 've been using Jergens Naturally Smooth for about 3 months now. I can't say that I've noticed any change in hair regrowth yet. It does make my skin feel very smooth tho' and I love the clean, fresh smell. I really need to shave my upper body every other day, but I do get lazy sometimes and wait another day. My legs can usually go 2-3 days between shaves in the summer when I seldom wear hosiery, but if were wearing stockings everyday I'd probably shave them daily (here in Texas, we call those hairy legs in hose the "Holy-Roller" look, lol). I was so hoping that the Naturally Smooth would have some effect; maybe it will as I suspect I'm rushing things a bit. Total body and legs shave adds at least twenty minutes to my routine(not to mention the cost of blades and Skintimate!) but damn, its so worth it. I could never go back to the old, hairy me-yuck! Later girls, Olivia.