PDA

View Full Version : What is it that drives us.

joanne anderson
10-16-2010, 05:07 PM
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="blue"]What is it that drives us to try to look so much like a woman in all respects ie wearing lingerie skirts dressess and even swim wear and to change our physical appearance with breast forms and hips and butt shapers.
My wife who fully supports my dressing, could not understand when we where in town shopping the other day, why I wanted to buy a new bra and panties set.
She thought that owning say one set of lingerie was really all one needed as it was never seen by others. I tried to explain my need but felt in the end I did not put my case forward that well. We have discussed my desire and the feelings I have when dressed and she has to some extent accepted these but just does not seem to see why it is important to try and achieve the look and feel fullyof being a woman.
So ladies can you help me, try to help her understand this need we seem to have.

LOL Joanne

Nick2Nikki
10-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Does she have more than one set of bras and panties? Enough said. Why do any of us want to buy anything?

Karren H
10-16-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't have a clue.. And I don't really care why... I just have to that's all I know..

Stephanie Miller
10-16-2010, 06:21 PM
I went back and reviewed the
“UNWRITTEN LAWS OF CROSSDRESSING” by I.M. Me
It clearly states
:rulez:
Rule #23: From a persons first touch of desire or need… it shall be.

Nuf said?

Karinsamatha
10-16-2010, 07:11 PM
I went back and reviewed the
“UNWRITTEN LAWS OF CROSSDRESSING” by I.M. Me
It clearly states
:rulez:
Rule #23: From a persons first touch of desire or need… it shall be.

Nuf said?

I agree completely. It is who I am on the inside, and I want the outside to reflect the inside :).
I don't care why I need to have a closet full of clothes and shoes, nor do I care - I just want to know who has a sale on :).

BLUE ORCHID
10-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Joanne, Don't press your luck it sounds like you got a good thing going there for yourself.
Just go and buy it by yourself.

Orchid

Aprilrain
10-16-2010, 08:31 PM
When I figure it out I'll let you know. Meanwhile I'll be shopping!

Kathryn Martin
10-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Uhmm, I need more than one set because it is seriously ewwww..... to wear panties longer than a day. Bras need to be washed too at least once weekly.

I guess what drives me is hygiene. I am not flippant. What makes your SO buy more clothes than a single days wear? Hygiene!. Unless your SO has a completely weird notion that you dress for some weird reason, in which case it is really necessary to have an open conversation with her without you being on the defensive throughout, she should be open to common sense. And common sense says it is disgusting to own only one pair of underwear. This would be particularly so, if you then after use shove into a plastic bag and leave it at the back of the closet for two months when it is pulled out and used again.

Sometimes simple explanations are better than the complicated ones. And not all motives are complicated all of the time.

Elle1946
10-16-2010, 09:38 PM
BECAUSE!! Why do I have more than a dozen heels? BECAUSE!! I could go through my whole wardrobe and my answer would be BECAUSE. I like different things at different times, that is just the way we are, I guess, at least that is the way I am.

sissystephanie
10-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I like Elle's answer!! Why do I have so much feminine clothing? BECAUSE!!! No other answer is needed!! As far as panties and bras are concerned, I have about 250 pairs of panties and over 100 bras. My late wife bought me a lot of them!! And sometimes I have worn more than one pair of panties in a day!!

Karenmarie
10-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Maybe its BECAUSE we are women on the inside and as women, we want several pair of panties like all
women and we want serveral bras like all women do etc., etc......

NathalieX66
10-17-2010, 01:02 AM
I love what women do, and want to do whatever they do. For some reason, I feel the same compulsions they have when shopping, and otherwise.
Men...men's clothes..................yawn.

Tina B.
10-17-2010, 08:04 AM
It's simple, because they come in different colors, fabrices and shapes. If it all looked the same I would not find the thrill of shopping such a thrill.
Tina B.

AKAMichelle
10-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Lingerie makes a woman feel sexy even if no one else sees them. I don't think that cd'ers are much different

girl_in_pantyhose
10-17-2010, 11:10 AM
So many fabrics, textures, colors, etc. to choose from, why would any one want to pick just one or two or 23 for that matter?

Nigella
10-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Lingerie makes a woman feel sexy even if no one else sees them. I don't think that cd'ers are much different

I tend to disagree with this statement. A GG does not need clothing to feel sexy. The perception of what is sexy is very much a mans point of view when it comes to clothing.

I have often seen it written here that "I feel sexy just wearing sweats", how many men can honestly say that they would find that sexy?

Kathryn Martin
10-17-2010, 11:57 AM
I tend to disagree with this statement. A GG does not need clothing to feel sexy. The perception of what is sexy is very much a mans point of view when it comes to clothing.

I have often seen it written here that "I feel sexy just wearing sweats", how many men can honestly say that they would find that sexy?

What you said defies what we are shown on a daily basis by all kinds of TV shows such as what not to wear. Genetic females feel more confident when they are well dressed just like men do when they "clean" up. That then projects sexyness. I think the answer you quote, is more an expression of defiance when they are told that maybe a little dressing up might make them feel more sexy (=confident).

You also seem to be asking if males find women in sweats sexy. It really depends, Elizabeth could wear a garbage bag and I'd find her sexy. She however would flat out deny that garbage bags and sweats make her feel sexy at all. (I asked her). Sexy underwear for some women is like a transsexual MtF or CD underdressing. It's a little naughty, a little oh la la and the daring not the garment makes you feel sexy.

Lyric
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I suppose your wife may look at underwear clothing the way I did boys/mens clothing: utilitarian and kind of boring. As a kid, I learned to hate going to the store with my mom to try on clothes. Putting on underwear was just part of the daily drudgery. With womenswear, however, I've learned to enjoy clothes-- even underwear. While I still prefer catalog/online shopping to stores, buying and wearing clothes is a fun process now. I've long since decided that any little thing that adds some joy to life is worthwhile. Perhaps if you encouraged you wife to persue more of her own little joys, she would better understand yours.

Lyric

Juliana Hart
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Like most, variety is the spice of life. I love having a choice when I dress, and that includes my bras panties, hose, etc. I may be in pursuit of a certain look at any one time and if there's only one or two of each, I just can't get there. Maybe your wife thinks of your undergarments in a utilitarian aspect versus your feminine persona. After all, most guys a pretty much in ultilitarian mode most of the time.

Juli

Jorja
10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Her name is Samantha and she is an execellent driver. I just hope she doesn't wreck the new limo.

joanne anderson
10-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Thank you ladies for your interesting replies. To Kathrn thanks for the health tips
To those of you who suggested my answer be "Because" should understand using such a word as a reply, would equally receive once more " Because of what or why" and most likely make her suspicious of such an answer.
To Lyric thanks, I think you may be the one closest to my question.
Anyway it's good to have the chance to seek out help from other fellow travellers when it's need.

LOL Joanne