PDA

View Full Version : What should a girl buy her wife for her Birthday?

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 03:38 PM
OK, things are a little different here these days.

Freya is trying to come to terms with what I am.

It's her birthday in little over a week, so what would be an appropriate gift?

I couldn't possibly tell you her age, but she is slightly older than me, and I was born in 1966!

Suggestions for a little something are invited, please keep it clean though! ;)

Remember that I have to remain carefull, I don't want her to think that I bought it for me! ;)

Rachael. :)

.samantha.
09-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Maybe you could buy her a locket and put a picture of you and her inside. Also you can never go wrong with a beautiful boquet of flowers . thats what Gemma got me today for my birthday. aw bless . :hugs:

Maddie Knight
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Why not take her out for the day, a nice meal and maybe a necklace, just for her.

Julie York
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Go to a 'smellies' shop and go completely mad buying bath soaps, smelly creams, luxury doodahs and aromatherapy 'starter kit' and candles etc etc. Then pamper her to death for the evening, bubble bath, massage etc, while you both get completely blasted on a bottle of wine or two.

(Sigh: Chance would be a fine thing.)

Jonien
09-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Some thing she wants would be a start

but a day of pampering could be nice

Tristen Cox
09-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Here's a freak occurance but I actually agree with Julie York completely on this one. Pamper pamper pamper!!! :D

Priscilla1018
09-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Pampers,what kind of gift is ..oh,never mind.

Daphne Renee
09-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Jewelrey is always a great gift. They dont say diamonds are a girls best friend for nothing. :D
Seriously though my wife loves jewelrey and clothes. Perhaps a gift card for a professional massage or day at a spy or something like that.

Wendy me
09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
ok perfit birthday ??? out to eat breatfest...some moring shopping, lunch , beauty salon ,nails hair the works, after noon shopping dinner and drinks.... shopping ,drinks
movie... drinks ,, home and well you know..............

Toyah
09-07-2005, 05:32 PM
OK, things are a little different here these days.

Freya is trying to come to terms with what I am.

It's her birthday in little over a week, so what would be an appropriate gift?

I couldn't possibly tell you her age, but she is slightly older than me, and I was born in 1966!

Suggestions for a little something are invited, please keep it clean though! ;)

Remember that I have to remain carefull, I don't want her to think that I bought it for me! ;)

Eternity ring her size dead cert it stopped my talking for at least 10 seconds an that is good.

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Maybe you could buy her a locket and put a picture of you and her inside. Also you can never go wrong with a beautiful boquet of flowers . thats what Gemma got me today for my birthday. aw bless . :hugs:
Happy birthday Samantha!

Thanks for your reply, I kind of like that, a locket with both of our pictures in it with me dressed?

Love it. :thumbsup:

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Go to a 'smellies' shop and go completely mad buying bath soaps, smelly creams, luxury doodahs and aromatherapy 'starter kit' and candles etc etc. Then pamper her to death for the evening, bubble bath, massage etc, while you both get completely blasted on a bottle of wine or two.

(Sigh: Chance would be a fine thing.)

Hi Julie, I do often do the "body shop" thing, but this time I want it to be a bit more special!

She loves lavender, so maybe a bit of that in the bubblebath, at least we can share that, I love it too, good suggestion! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the post!

ChristineRenee
09-07-2005, 06:21 PM
I like that pampering thingey a lot...start with a nice relaxing day at the spa that includes the works...then maybe follow that with a romantic dinner by candlelight to set the mood for some intimate activity for later on in the evening perhaps....enjoy!;)

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Why not take her out for the day, a nice meal and maybe a necklace, just for her.

Thanks Maddie, I have been hankering after a day off! :thumbsup: (Ooops, thats for me;))

Oh and the necklace just for her, lovely.

Hugs, Rachael. :)

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Some thing she wants would be a start

but a day of pampering could be nice

Hi Christina, hope things are well with you.

I would rather hope that she still wants me, for all my faults, other than that I couldn't deny her anything!

Holly
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Rachael, what would SHE like? Dinner and a movie? A foot rub (paint her toenails while you're at it)? A romantic weekend getaway? Whatever you decide, just make sure that it's ALL ABOUT HER! (Be sure to let us know how it goes :) )

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Here's a freak occurance but I actually agree with Julie York completely on this one. Pamper pamper pamper!!! :D

Hmmmm, should I wear the drab???

Got no problem with the Pampering! ;)

I suppose that will be dictated by the day!

Cheers Tristen. :)

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Pampers,what kind of gift is ..oh,never mind.

Go change your nappie :D

Cheers Priscilla!

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Jewelrey is always a great gift. They dont say diamonds are a girls best friend for nothing. :D
Seriously though my wife loves jewelrey and clothes. Perhaps a gift card for a professional massage or day at a spy or something like that.

Hi Candy, thanks for the reply.

I have bought my wife jewelrey for many years and was looking for something slightly different.

As for the clothes they are a no no, it is allways a case of "who are they for, me or you!" ;)

Gift token for a salon, now you may be on to something...........

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:51 PM
ok perfit birthday ??? out to eat breatfest...some moring shopping, lunch , beauty salon ,nails hair the works, after noon shopping dinner and drinks.... shopping ,drinks
movie... drinks ,, home and well you know..............

Eeek Wendy, I wouldn't survive that, oh sorry you were talking about for her! :)

Well, I can safely say that I could do the last bit. :)

She has beautiful hands, nails and face, I don't want any of her changed.

Dinner and drinks, hell yes, as for shopping lets leave that one alone for now. ;)

Thanks for your reply, it means a lot to me!

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Eternity ring her size dead cert it stopped my talking for at least 10 seconds an that is good.

Hi Toyah, did the eternity ring a good few years back, nice one as well.

Next step for me here is to renew my vows, want to be a bridesmaid?

He He.

Hold in there girl!

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 07:02 PM
I like that pampering thingey a lot...start with a nice relaxing day at the spa that includes the works...then maybe follow that with a romantic dinner by candlelight to set the mood for some intimate activity for later on in the evening perhaps....enjoy!;)

Hi Christine, I like the pamperering idea too, not too many spa's around here though.

Hmmm I wonder if come my birthday I'll get some.:rolleyes:

Early days. :)

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Rachael, what would SHE like? Dinner and a movie? A foot rub (paint her toenails while you're at it)? A romantic weekend getaway? Whatever you decide, just make sure that it's ALL ABOUT HER! (Be sure to let us know how it goes :) )

Hi Holly, lovely advice, it is all about her.

To be honest I was expecting her to pop in here and say what she wants!

Who knows though, she may yet, we have until September the fifteenth!

Keep your ideas flowing in the mean time though.

MichelleGray502
09-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Racheal 'th pampering idea sounds great to begin 'th day with and after that my advice would be do anything that she wants to do for that day. that's what i am going to do on 'me wifes birthday next month i am going to give her present and then well 'pet this your day and i will do what you want to do for 'th day. it works pretty well for me
have a great day lov and wish her happy birthday for me
Hugs hugs

Rachael Warren
09-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Racheal 'th pampering idea sounds great to begin 'th day with and after that my advice would be do anything that she wants to do for that day. that's what i am going to do on 'me wifes birthday next month i am going to give her present and then well 'pet this your day and i will do what you want to do for 'th day. it works pretty well for me
have a great day lov and wish her happy birthday for me
Hugs hugs

Thanks Michelle, I might just do that!

nancy58
09-07-2005, 10:13 PM
If she likes jewelry, get her jewelry. If she likes dresses and you see one you think she would like, buy it for her. But keep your mitts off of it! Seriously, when I came out to my wife, I promised I would buy my own things and leave hers alone.

Sometimes it can be fun to buy hers & "hers". About a month ago, I saw a nightgown I really liked in the irregulars section of the web site where I shop, and it was so inexpensive that I bought two. My wife wears hers to bed sometimes, and I really like it on her. I haven't tried wearing mine at the same time, since she has said she's not comfortable with seeing me dressed up.

Nancy

Billijo49504
09-07-2005, 10:46 PM
My wife told me she wants pictures of presidents for her birthday. As in money. She already got a new outfit for a wedding. Her brother is getting married on her B-day,Ain't dat special :eek: :(

KewTnCurvy GG
09-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Dirt Poor: Breakfast in Bed (ala Maid Outfit:p), Rose picked from someone else's garden, draw her bath, give her a massage, paint her toenails, spread rose petals from neighbors rose over the bed and make wild, passionate love to her, finish with some Pink Ripple on the Rocks.

Have a Pot to Piss in but Not Much Else: Breakfast in bed (steak and eggs), a dozen roses delivered, the bath with massage is nice (but maybe you could join in because you had the car detailed and.....), you take her to a beautiful restaurant (the ones where they don't write down your order), maybe to the symphony (stop laughing), nice concert of lil' jazz club, you toast with champagne and eat truffles, then take her home and ring her bell.

Money Coming Out your Arse: Send her to a beautiful day spa, or hell, give her the wallet:p...............kidding! Just do what Wendy Me said.

HTGurl GG
09-08-2005, 01:19 AM
This is a suggestion from a GG. If she has a job and works. It's always special if you have flowers delivered to her in front of everyone. Holly sent me flowers to my office and I literally cried. It is so cool to have flowers delivered. Nice to have them in your hand, but delivery, extra special. Delivery to home is great too, but I also agree with Holly, make it all about her. All day, starting with when you wake up in the morning. And for gosh sakes don't forget a card. Cards all day in little out of the way places that she can find around the house is really special. Also, if she likes to dance, take her dancing. Ladies love it when their SO takes them dancing. :dance: Anyway, good luck and tell us all how it goes.

ME

Rachael Warren
09-08-2005, 01:45 AM
If she likes jewelry, get her jewelry. If she likes dresses and you see one you think she would like, buy it for her. But keep your mitts off of it! Seriously, when I came out to my wife, I promised I would buy my own things and leave hers alone.

Sometimes it can be fun to buy hers & "hers". About a month ago, I saw a nightgown I really liked in the irregulars section of the web site where I shop, and it was so inexpensive that I bought two. My wife wears hers to bed sometimes, and I really like it on her. I haven't tried wearing mine at the same time, since she has said she's not comfortable with seeing me dressed up.

Nancy

Hi Nancy, it sounds to me that you have similar dilemma's.

On the clothes front we are different sizes, only match is sometimes skirts. :(

Seperate wardrobes for us!

I have bought her jewellry so many times I wanted to be a little more imaginative this time. :)

As for lingerie, that may be a good idea, only problem for me is going in to buy it. I don't know how others here feel but going into a shop like Anne Summers always makes me nervous, I feel like I'm being read even in drab, and the shop assistants allways insist on latching on to me. :(

Never mind I'll just have to be brave!

Rachael Warren
09-08-2005, 01:53 AM
My wife told me she wants pictures of presidents for her birthday. As in money. She already got a new outfit for a wedding. Her brother is getting married on her B-day,Ain't dat special :eek: :(

Hi Billijo, I have allways let my wife hold the purse strings, what I have is hers. I havn't had my own bank account for nearly two decades.

Makes it kind of hard to buy her presents, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

As for the wedding, now theres a good excuse to pamper her. :)

Hugs, Rachael.

Rachael Warren
09-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Dirt Poor: Breakfast in Bed (ala Maid Outfit:p), Rose picked from someone else's garden, draw her bath, give her a massage, paint her toenails, spread rose petals from neighbors rose over the bed and make wild, passionate love to her, finish with some Pink Ripple on the Rocks.

Have a Pot to Piss in but Not Much Else: Breakfast in bed (steak and eggs), a dozen roses delivered, the bath with massage is nice (but maybe you could join in because you had the car detailed and.....), you take her to a beautiful restaurant (the ones where they don't write down your order), maybe to the symphony (stop laughing), nice concert of lil' jazz club, you toast with champagne and eat truffles, then take her home and ring her bell.

Money Coming Out your Arse: Send her to a beautiful day spa, or hell, give her the wallet:p...............kidding! Just do what Wendy Me said.

Hi Kew, well to answer that, not very rich, and I love her to pieces!

I struggle to make enough money to keep the family going to be honest, I am basically self employed and am trying to build up a business. Not an easy life I can assure you.

As for stealing roses :eek: , we have no neighbours anyway! I get to paint her toenails rarely, she isn't really into it, I look after her hair a lot though.

Now the dinner bit, well you are on the nail there, a private joke between us is the type of place where they "Write down the order". ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Hugs, Rachael.

Rachael Warren
09-08-2005, 02:11 AM
This is a suggestion from a GG. If she has a job and works. It's always special if you have flowers delivered to her in front of everyone. Holly sent me flowers to my office and I literally cried. It is so cool to have flowers delivered. Nice to have them in your hand, but delivery, extra special. Delivery to home is great too, but I also agree with Holly, make it all about her. All day, starting with when you wake up in the morning. And for gosh sakes don't forget a card. Cards all day in little out of the way places that she can find around the house is really special. Also, if she likes to dance, take her dancing. Ladies love it when their SO takes them dancing. :dance: Anyway, good luck and tell us all how it goes.

ME

Hi HTGurl, that is a nice suggestion.

We both work primarily from home, but sending flowers has never been a problem.

Mind you whenever I send her flowers I am allways asked "what are you feeling guilty about". ;)

As for dancing, well lets just say I tend to upstage her somewhat there, so thats a no on this occasion. ;)

I like the cards idea!

Julie
09-08-2005, 04:12 AM
I think the girls have all the bases covered here Rachael, so many good ideas to choose from.

On another angle and one that will give more Rachael time how about a trip to Halfords, buy her a manual for the car, a set of tools and then before you know it she'll be taking care of the maintenance on the car therefore saving wear and tear of your nails etc...

Failing this a trip to B & Q where you can get here some power tools and leave her to redesign the house, again allowing Rachael time. :dance:

Joking aside I think she'll enjoy whatever you decide to buy her and I hope she enjoys the day when it arrives.

Julie

Trinity_cat
09-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Theatre Tickets.........oh ye, you might say? The first time I took my wife to the theatre (no it wasn't a panto) she was a little apprehensive about it. But after the show she said it was wonderful, live action is so much better than cinema.

After the show you can go to a pre-booked restraunt, champagne already chilling. If you're lucky there may be a resident violinist there to serenade her.

And then home to a wonderful nght of passion / scrabble / poker, whatever.

If all else fails, give her a tenner ($10) and send her out to bingo.

MistyCD
09-08-2005, 10:39 AM
a nice dinner, roses, and baking her a birthday cake is a good way.

.samantha.
09-08-2005, 03:37 PM

Yeah Rachael you could bake a cake :D . Eh Priscilla could Rachael have some of your strange plants lol xxxx :lol: :duh:

Rachael Warren
09-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I think the girls have all the bases covered here Rachael, so many good ideas to choose from.

On another angle and one that will give more Rachael time how about a trip to Halfords, buy her a manual for the car, a set of tools and then before you know it she'll be taking care of the maintenance on the car therefore saving wear and tear of your nails etc...

Failing this a trip to B & Q where you can get here some power tools and leave her to redesign the house, again allowing Rachael time. :dance:

Joking aside I think she'll enjoy whatever you decide to buy her and I hope she enjoys the day when it arrives.

Julie

Great ideas Julie, now I might just have thought that way a few weeks ago!

The other day she had me fixing the gates around the garden, and didn't complain about the skirt or heels, even when cars went bye! Progress like that needs a reward don't you think? ;)

By the way heels don't work too well on grass.:D

As she runs the house prety much on her own, I will continue to do the maintainance, she allready does most of the decorating. :)

Thanks for the reply, Rachael.

Rachael Warren
09-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Theatre Tickets.........oh ye, you might say? The first time I took my wife to the theatre (no it wasn't a panto) she was a little apprehensive about it. But after the show she said it was wonderful, live action is so much better than cinema.

After the show you can go to a pre-booked restraunt, champagne already chilling. If you're lucky there may be a resident violinist there to serenade her.

And then home to a wonderful nght of passion / scrabble / poker, whatever.

If all else fails, give her a tenner ($10) and send her out to bingo.

Lovely thought Catrina, but alas there very few theatres here, closest I could manage is a DVD!

I like the passion bit. ;)

Ohh and only ten bucks, thats a fiver here (as you know), and it wouldn't even get her into town, let alone back, I want to keep her not drive her away! ;)

Rachael Warren
09-08-2005, 04:18 PM

Hi Misty, I can cook the nice dinner, oh I think a nice bit of sirloin steak, mustard and cream sauce, mushrooms, onions etc. that is allways well recieved.

Slight problem with cakes, I dont eat them and have never been interested in making them. Freya makes fantastic cakes, so I am told, I'll leave that as her domain! ;)

Rachael Warren
09-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah Rachael you could bake a cake. Eh Priscilla could Rachael have some of your strange plants lol xxxx

Hi Samantha, I think I'll avoid the "Strange plants" and the magic mushrooms with the steak dinner! :D

I can cook reasonably well, but have to keep Freya well away, she gets real miffed about the amount of gear I use, and the mess I make! ;)

As for cake, not for me, I hate the stuff, I'm quite sweet enough thankyou! :)

Ah, I just realised, you were suggesting I give her a "Pot Plant!", now that will work. ;)

Hugs, Rachael.

Olesha
09-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I would suggest some underwerar you can both wear. And being born in 1966 does not deserve an exclamation mark you younger than me .......!

Bernadina
09-09-2005, 12:45 AM
What about a Caribbean cruise?

Rachael Warren
09-09-2005, 01:24 AM
I would suggest some underwerar you can both wear. And being born in 1966 does not deserve an exclamation mark you younger than me .......!

Hi Olesha, I presume you mean hers and hers, matching?

I kind of like that, I'll give this a little thought.

The only problem is the washing, my "Smalls" are often mixed up with my daughters, I loose many that way! ;)

I'm still looking for my black satin cami, it went in to the wash a year ago, havn't seen it since!

I suppose I could buy red instead of black, then that problem would be sorted. ;)

Rachael Warren
09-09-2005, 01:28 AM
What about a Caribbean cruise?

Lovely thought Dina, but my budget streaches more to a ferry trip over the Mersey!

Hmmmm, ferry trip, now you might be on to something there. ;)

Rachael Warren
09-13-2005, 06:02 AM
Well it's Freya's birthday tomorrow and I am about to hit the shops!

Any last minute ideas?????

Lisa Golightly
09-13-2005, 06:11 AM
Came across this site the other day... www.learntodream.co.uk

If you've got the dosh have a special photograph put on canvas.... awwwwww :)

Rachael Warren
09-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Came across this site the other day... www.learntodream.co.uk (http://www.learntodream.co.uk/)

If you've got the dosh have a special photograph put on canvas.... awwwwww :)

Thats a nice idea, shame I havn't got the time left!

Thanks Lisa.

Hugs Rachael. :)

Wendy me
09-13-2005, 06:45 AM
oh so mutch do that buy something in every shop thingy ... it takes a long time and is a lot of fun....shop on.....