PDA

View Full Version : Flying - it gets easier every time!

ReneeT
10-17-2010, 09:45 PM
I had my third flying experience today. I flew from Chattanooga to Chicago ohare with a plane change in Charlotte, and things were smoother than they ever are in drab mode! Check in was a breeze,as was TSA. The agent at the security desk did study my male ID for a long time, but when i offered to take off my wig she smiled and sent me on through. The first flight was uneventful, and i actually had the row to myself - unheard of these days. I was at the back of the plane, and spent quite a while chatting with the flight attendant. The plane change in Charlotte was also uneventful. After I was seated, a young man, who i had not seen approach, tapped me on the shoulder and said, "ma'am", as he needed to get into my row. That was good for the ego!

At the airport i picked up my rental car, and the agent at the gate - she seemed new- did ask a coworker to help her when my drivers license photo did not look like me. The coworker had no problem. I then went and did a bit of shopping and checked into my hotel in Evanston. All in all, it was a great femme day. It really felt natural, and it is such a pleasure to be me!

Cami desiree
10-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Not surprising as you look like a woman. Are you still in Evanston? I live an hour from there in park city.

StaceyJane
10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Sounds wonderful!

AKAMichelle
10-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I think your experience and mine on 2 flights is the norm for flying. It is such a non-issue. Some people may look a little more at your luggage or ID, but in the end you don't get the strip search. And most importantly you get treated well and that occassional "ma'am tap on the shoulder". That is very cool.

We are going to have to meet one day. :D

Jennifer Lynndon
10-18-2010, 11:31 PM
You girls are sooooo lucky ... Please accept my most heart-felt congratulations ... I'm 6'-7" in my bare feet and bald head and with any sort of heels and hair I'm over 7-feet tall :eek:
Yes ... I'd end up receiving the freak-o-the-week stares from everyone in the place ... especially security.
I have a fantasy to travel in femme for at least a weekend and have an amazing GG (and a couple of her friends) who would love to be there with me ... but being the freak in the airport just isn't cool ...

Please count your blessings ... every day ...

GirlyGirl66
10-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. I can;t wait to travel enfemm

tricia_uktv
10-19-2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks girls. In November I am flying to Spain, my first time en-femme and am a little nervous at the prospect. Its great to know that you girls manage it with no problems.

Aeify
10-20-2010, 06:18 AM
LOL! My first thought was that people used to be offended when the word "ma'am" was used instead of "miss" LOL!!!

renee k
10-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Hi Renee,
Very nice, sounds like you were on Jenny J's airline. If she was in the cockpit on one of your flights you would have been upgraded. Plus given a big hug!

Renee