PDA

View Full Version : Passed!

Detroit Molly
10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Well...sorta. I went out as Molly this morning to my shrink appointment. Afterwards, I kicked around Royal Oak. First I went to the Borders and hung around browsing books (I was the only girl in the military history section :) ). Then, once it was open, I went over to Noir Leather to show the girl there how good the wig she showed me looks. I walked in and the woman running the place took me for her friend, a GG, for about ten seconds until I smiled and opened my mouth to say hi. Then she was super helpful and awesome and paid me a lot of nice compliments about how I was doing a good job of passing. Consider me stoked.

Jodygurl
10-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Always a great feeling, right Molly. Keep up the effort.

Sarah Michelle
10-18-2010, 12:26 PM
congratulations, passing or blending, it must be a great feeling to be outside and comfortable with you as you are

Tammy V
10-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Congratulations,
I know her reaction made you feel good and was very comforting. I have found more positive experencies with gg's and just blanket acceptance from so many people in the short time I have been going it, it is truly amazing and liberating.

Rianna Humble
10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Just be careful, you could get used to doing that :eek:

Detroit Molly
10-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Blending, I like that term better than passing I think. As for the response, what was great was how she went from thinking I was a woman to seeing exactly what was going on and not missing a beat. She complimented me on my hair, which I said "Thanks, I bought it here!" and we talked about wigs and makeup and dressing and the like. Then she took my picture sitting in their big hilarious throne to show to the girl who sold me the wig. I hate to say it, but I've been treated better the times I've been to Noir Leather (more polite, better service, more respectful) than I ever was at Janet's Closet. Keep in mind that I never dealt with Janet, just some woman who works there and was crazy rude to me the first time I was there, emotionally vulnerable and looking for help/acceptance.

Edit: Rianna, I'm totally getting used to it. It feels so good to go out and just blend in. I know that's not how it's always going to be, but it's fun when it works out that way. And fun when I get compliments :)

JenniferLynn0370
10-18-2010, 03:17 PM
That's so awesome Molly; congratulations!

Rianna Humble
10-18-2010, 03:25 PM
It feels so good to go out and just blend in. I know that's not how it's always going to be, but it's fun when it works out that way. And fun when I get compliments :)

Whilst not wanting to encourage anyone to be reckless, I do sometimes think we can go a bit overboard on the negative warnings.

I have been travelling pretty for about a year now and full time for the last 4 months. The worst I have experienced so far is a few stares or comments made generally behind my back. On the other hand, the sense of release at being able to be myself is incredible and apparently it is visible to those who know me.

So long as you are careful, why not go out and enjoy the fun and the compliments?

AKAMichelle
10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Stoked you definitely are.

Detroit Molly
10-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Heh, travelling pretty. I like that. Also, I went and started a crossdressing blog. Check out Blogging Molly (http://blogging-mollycd.blogspot.com/).

msginaadoll
10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Sounds like you had a great time Molly. You look wonderful, Im sure you had no problems out and about. I love going shopping as Gina in Royal Oak as well as Ferndale. It seems like a very accepting area, and have always been treated great. There are a bunch of neat resturaunts and coffee shops around town. Its been a while since I was at Noir so I will have to stop in again. One of my favorite places in any mode is AJ's Cafe on 9 mile in Ferndale.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Janets. I know most of the people that work there, and sorry to hear it wasnt good for you. It is tuff to get out and can be nervewracking besides not being treated well. I just might have to let them know as a reminder to keep the focus on treating customers well.