PDA

View Full Version : cover up

Daphne Renee
09-07-2005, 06:08 PM
What do you use if anything to cover up the ol 5' o clock shadow?
I am not a particualry hairy person I do shave in the mornings.. I use the schick quatro which seems to do a good job.. I just wondered what sort of makeup or combination of makeups work as a cover up..

Natalie x
09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, if you are getting made up, you will need a good foundation, and probably a concealer. I suggest you join the "Beauty Club" and search the posts in there, you will find lots of good advice.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-07-2005, 07:48 PM
A bit of lipstick smeared over your beard area will counter-act the beard shadow (if you're ruddy complexion, it's better to use a yellow stick). It sounds weird but it works because they counter-act blue-ish color of beard shadow. A good foundation like MAC's Full Coverage will help.

Tristen Cox
09-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Uhm Beard cover?

LisaMcall
09-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Candy,

After trying different types of concealers like Dermablend I have settled on a less is more approach. I apply a little orange lipstick on the dark areas and rub it in well. I follow this with a liguid foundation applied as thin as possible but still enough to get full coverage. After letting this dry completely I apply loose powder with a brush. This works well for me and doesn't feel too thick or heavy.

Lisa

Lana
09-07-2005, 10:30 PM
I usually us a paper bag, pretty much covers all my flaws, and it's also usefull for toting the groceries too :D

Billijo49504
09-07-2005, 10:52 PM
I just use concealer, but I've heard the cheap red lipstick thing works well for a dark beard. :) But it don't do a thing for the stubble :)

Clare
09-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Lipstick on the face? That's a new one! Looks like i'll have to join the beauty club soon to catch up on all these tricks!

Anyways, I was going to recommend that you use a very good concealer. All the quality brands have an excellant variety of concealers. They come in different colour tones, some are more 'heavy duty' than others and so on.

Perhaps a recommendation to join the beauty club is appropriate here? Good luck Candy.

Christine

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Lipstick on the face? That's a new one!

You don't want to go too heavy obviously and it will look strange until you put the foundation over it. But it works. You just need to be sure to use a red or reddish-brown, or reddish-orange lipstick. Don't use one that's got blue in it.

Beard covers tend to look really heavy, although some girls may need them. What I like about the MAC Full Coverage foundation is that you can vary the thickness depending on how you apply it. For example, much of my beard is blonde so I can go light on the checks and then apply more thickly on my chin and throat where the beard is darker. At it's thickest, it's essentially a concealer. Plus you can combine with other MAC foundations in the same color.

I've also had good luck with using ColorTration as an undercoat where needed and then putting foundation over that. ColorTration isn't as heavy as Dermablend (which can cover tattoos) but looks far more natural.

Tristen Cox
09-08-2005, 02:04 AM
I usually us a paper bag, pretty much covers all my flaws, and it's also usefull for toting the groceries too :D
Sweet :thumbsup: I never thart uh that :D

SaraGoth
09-08-2005, 02:10 AM
you don't have to worry so much...

...it's either blush...yeah, blush, or light eyeshadow...if you don't have foundation, or...if you don't have the time and know Photoshop...well, then it's pretty easy. :D

Sarayuki :D

Edit: Or...dark hair to cover it up...just have to work on the chin and around the mouth...

Deborah
09-08-2005, 02:11 AM

LMAO that's classic.:D

JocelynG
09-08-2005, 11:33 AM
I use a theatrical beard cover. I tried Colortrition and absolutely hated it. It dried up my skin

CammyT
09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Aloha,
Mac concealer works best for me, and I get 5 o'clock shadow at 2pm. Went to the counter at Macy's and they had a foundation that matched my skin color better than Clinique. Besides Mac has such a broad selection of colors for eyes, lips and nails. They also have a return program for the empty glass containers.

To help with the beard, if you can, make sure you have some growth before make up, I shave late the night before if I'm going en femme the next evening. I use Body Shop shave cream with a shaving brush. Shave first with the grain, then against. I then use Clinique post shave healer. Then it's time to "put on my face".

Georgette
09-08-2005, 09:53 PM
What do you use if anything to cover up the ol 5' o clock shadow?
I am not a particualry hairy person I do shave in the mornings.. I use the schick quatro which seems to do a good job.. I just wondered what sort of makeup or combination of makeups work as a cover up..

You may want to try this site:
www.colortration.com
It works for me and my 5:0 comes around noon time. :rolleyes:

Daphne Renee
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks for all the info..I just might join the beauty club..