PDA

View Full Version : Albert Einstein a crossdresser?

Byanca
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
This is womans shoes, isn't it?

http://www.celebratingeinstein.com/images/img_02.jpg

Inna
10-19-2010, 05:34 PM
And they said it don't take brains to crossdress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice B
10-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Very interesting. I wonder if he has panties on and a bra under his shirt?

Inna
10-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Was he referring to the universe or crossdressing when he created "Relativity Theory"

By the way he wasn't the only one:
http://www.pauldavidtuff.com/Images/Humor%20Images/Our%20Cross%20Dressing%20Leaders%2001.jpg

tanyalynn51
10-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Shouldnt his equation have been t=cd2, then? Sorry, Its been a long day.

VanessaVW
10-19-2010, 06:15 PM
I've heard that crossdressers are slightly more intelligent than the rest of the population. Hey, who am I to argue?

TommyII
10-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I quess the more you are informed the less you care about mass intolerance. Go Albert!

donnalee
10-20-2010, 04:49 AM
Shouldnt his equation have been t=cd2, then? Sorry, Its been a long day.:lol:
Another possible explanation: The men in my family have extremely narrow feet (mine are AAA, one of my uncles was AAAA); D is the standard width for men's shoes. When I was growing up, shoes in these widths were only available on special order, and this was when most manufacturers were in the US. Now when almost everything is Chinese made, the only way I can get shoes that width is a womens narrow, 1 size up. Maybe Einstein had narrow feet, and being logical, chose this option.

Gerrijerry
10-20-2010, 04:58 AM
I don't know what the style was when the photo was taken. But from todays styles they do look like feminine sandels. Also the way he crossed his legs is not what a male would do. However I don't even know if this is a real photo no matter what it makes one think. And he was a person who makes you think.

Shananigans
10-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Hmm...his fashion sense scares me, so it's hard for me to believe.

PortiaHoney
10-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Is it just me or are those heavy cotton shorts see through? I smell a doctor in the house..... LOL

JohnH
10-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Maybe he was not attempting to cross dress at all - he was wearing them for their comfort.

I notice that men's sandals are heavy and dead-flat, and I like something of a heel. So my preferred sandals are a pair of women's sandals with 1.5 inch heels.

I bought a pair of men's sandals (Earth Shoes - not the "negative gradient" type) in the 1970's and they are the most uncomfortable pair I have - more uncomfortable than my 4 inch siletto sandals.

TiffanyTgirl
10-20-2010, 09:20 AM
You can learn something new everyday. I wonder what his femme name was? Alberta? Maybe something exotic like Carmen? Any other thoughts?

AKAMichelle
10-20-2010, 09:24 AM
I would suspect that the photo is doctored.

Karren H
10-20-2010, 09:36 AM
I just finished reading his new biography and he was brilliant, cheated on his wife, had mistersses and was a womanizer but I seriously he crossdressed.. That pic smacks of photoshop...

Byanca
10-20-2010, 06:20 PM
And they said it don't take brains to crossdress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
indeed

Maybe Einstein had narrow feet, and being logical, chose this option.
That's still crossdresing

I would suspect that the photo is doctored.

That pic smacks of photoshop...

This too?
http://www.sff.net/people/rothman/einstein.jpg

Suzette Muguet de Mai
10-20-2010, 06:32 PM
I doubt Albert was a CD. He was just a hard working Physicist who was exploring the meaning of our existence within the limit of his immense mind. Reminds me of my old Professor who wore sandals and long white socks and the old Bermuda shorts with an undersized short sleeve shirt. I doubt that he and others like him really care about their appearance. I would say that he would go ballistic if anyone rubbed his equations off the blackboard. Like if he was a CD, could he possibly have not brushed his hair?

Inna
10-20-2010, 06:46 PM
This might have been a style of times, some really goofy fashion stuff was around then.

Kate Simmons
10-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Why does it really matter at this point in time?:)

NancyTO
10-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Why does it really matter at this point in time?:)

Because time is relative?

Chickhe
10-20-2010, 11:22 PM
If most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes and shoddy furniture, let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philosophies.... It would be a sad situation if the wrapper were better than the meat wrapped inside it. ~Albert Einstein

...I think it is obvious from his quote, he would have no problem doing it... doctored photo or not.

Michelle1056
10-21-2010, 05:28 AM
Whether he was a crossdresser or not, look at his hair. Never in the history of mankind has that kind of hair been...normal. Einstein's courage to be who HE is and not who society wants him to be can and should be a good inspiration to us all!

Michelle

Shari
10-21-2010, 05:32 AM
In keeping with equal time for both parties, we need a picture of Obama.

Jeanna
10-21-2010, 05:57 AM
As smart as he was, he had terrible taste when it comes to cding
Check this out 144843

sometimes_miss
10-21-2010, 06:54 AM
VanessaVW wrote: I've heard that crossdressers are slightly more intelligent than the rest of the population.
You’ll usually hear that from other crossdressers. In fact, in any group of people, you’ll likely hear that their members are generally more intelligent than the rest of the world. Makes them feel good about themselves.

GerriJerry wrote: Also the way he crossed his legs is not what a male would do.
Myth. But I’ve read the same thing by well known authors in gender related books. However, if you go to any public area where men are seated away from tables, you’ll see men crossing their legs in a variety of ways; in whatever position is most comfortable. When I was growing up, every man I saw crossed his legs in the way that supposedly only women did. I rarely saw the ankle/knee position that is said to be the male normal way of crossing our legs. Oh, and in the first picture, his legs aren’t completely crossed, but in the second, they are.
Me? When I was younger, I could sit with my legs crossed girl style left over right, but could not do it right over left because it hurt my knees. Today I can’t cross my legs at all without a lot of pain; arthritis, you know.

Shananigans
10-21-2010, 01:23 PM
As smart as he was, he had terrible taste when it comes to cding
Check this out 144843

Mmm Jude Law. Is that from Rage?

DonnaT
10-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Well, we know he was smart, so why shouldn't he prefer ladies sandals on the beach?

And I don't think it's a doctored photo. The shading is correct, and the second photo by Byanca has him wearing the same outfit.

Diane Smith
10-22-2010, 12:13 AM
I am a bit of a science nerd, and have seen that picture reprinted many times, over several decades. Never presented as anything other than a casual portrait of Einstein on vacation, or whatever. I am pretty sure from this that it is NOT a Photoshop job (it existed long before that technology was available, and mechanically retouched pictures are much easier to detect), and also that it was fairly normal weekend attire for Einstein, who was hardly known for being either a conformist or a fashion plate. I suspect the beach sandals may have been considered more unisex than feminine at the time and in the place where that photo was taken. There are several other pictures in existence of him crossing his legs that way, so I think that was just normal and comfortable for him as well. All in all, he has always come across to me as a guy who was occupied with much more subtle and important thoughts than how his physical image would be perceived by the world, so he just did whatever was most comfortable and low-maintenance.

- Diane