PDA

View Full Version : And now for another moment of irony...

tanyalynn51
10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I just started doing something I have never done before, even at home. I started using female deoderant. Ive been taking little steps, using pink lip gloss, using a body spray, but this is the most detectable. The irony has nothing to do with somebody noticing- the irony has to do with when I was telling my therapist about it today, and realized that the female deoderant works better than the male stuff Ive been using for years, and now use just on the two days I have to live at work. Its Lady Speed Stick 24/7, just for the record.

Gisele
10-19-2010, 07:43 PM
I haven't used male deoderant for years now. I tried out my GF's when I was out and fell in love with the power of it! Also I love the smell of it.

Charleen
10-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Been using Lady Speed Stick for years and I love it.

StaceyJane
10-19-2010, 07:58 PM
I made the switch earlier this year and I love it too.

Cherry Lynn
10-19-2010, 08:07 PM
I have been using Lady Speed Stick for about 5 years and love it.

Traci Elizabeth
10-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Male deodorant? What the heck is that? I have not used that stinky stuff for as long as I can remember!

tanyalynn51
10-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks girls, Im amazed I obviously made a good choice the first time out- I got it because it was the best bargain for something to try.

GirlyGirl66
10-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I haven't wore male deodorant in almost a year. Secret is my choice works very well and so many scents.

Hope
10-20-2010, 01:58 AM
I have been using Dove deodorant for years, but only recently started using - wait for it - Teen Spirit. Why? Because I can get it in awesomely fun scents, like strawberry, or coconut... and who doesn't want to smell like strawberry jam or coconuts? Also it has a sparkly cap and I am apparently either a magpie or a 14 year old girl.

Diane Smith
10-20-2010, 02:54 AM
Hmmm ... do they still make deodorant for men? It's been a long time since I've looked.

- Diane

Stephenie S
10-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Oh for goodness sake. There is NO difference. Deodorant doesn't have sex. They package deodorant for woman in a different container, and they may put some pretty smell in it, but you can bet that any difference you notice is in your mind.

Several years ago we had someone here who started their transition by taking women's vitamins. He was thrilled. He was certain that he was developing larger breasts from it. Just as silly. Chose your deodorant by what you like, but don't think for a minute that women's deodorant works better just 'cause it's women's. There's some pretty stinky men out there you know.

S

tanyalynn51
10-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Oh for goodness sake. There is NO difference. Deodorant doesn't have sex. They package deodorant for woman in a different container, and they may put some pretty smell in it, but you can bet that any difference you notice is in your mind.

Several years ago we had someone here who started their transition by taking women's vitamins. He was thrilled. He was certain that he was developing larger breasts from it. Just as silly. Chose your deodorant by what you like, but don't think for a minute that women's deodorant works better just 'cause it's women's. There's some pretty stinky men out there you know.

S

Stephanie, I wasnt necisarrily saying that men's works better than women's- I dont have enough experience to know. I just thought that it was ironic. And as some of the others have pointed out, the smell of the deoderant is definitely nicer. And it isnt just because it's a "girly" type smell.

Stephenie S
10-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeah. I use a deodorant with a "powder fresh" scent because I like the smell. It doesn't work any better though, and I am sure that except for the package and the smell, it's identical to the plain version. I guess that if I were a guy, I would be using something like Old Spice for the same reason, LOL.

Stephie

Gerrijerry
10-20-2010, 09:25 AM
I didn't know that men use deoderant that actually works.

Traci Elizabeth
10-20-2010, 12:58 PM
I have tried many different brands over the last decade but for the last several years I have used Degree for Women Ultra Clear. It is totally invisible, works fantastically all day, and never stains your clothing including if you are wearing black.

Get it - you will thank me later!

CharleneT
10-20-2010, 01:27 PM
. . . Also it has a sparkly cap and I am apparently either a magpie or a 14 year old girl.

I'm betting on 14 year old girl :lol2:

Stephenie S
10-20-2010, 03:11 PM
I'll thank you now.

StacyBeaumont
10-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I can't stand the smell of mens deoderants or shaving cream! What a horrible smell... Men's speed stick? I'd almost rather smell the B.O.! lol