PDA

View Full Version : Close Call

tifftg
10-20-2010, 08:19 AM
This past Monday I ventured out of the house enfemme for the first time in years. It was a wonderful day and I have shared some photos in the Photo section. As part of the day I grabbed my drivers license, and a couple of credit cards from my wallet and put them in my purse. At the end of day I grabbed everything from my purse except for the cards. The next day I returned everything to storage, (wife knows but does not like my dressing). That evening I went to the airport to pick her up and got a call to give a credit card number for a purchase. My shock, I never grabbed the cards and I was driving without my license. Tomorrow I am flying out on a trip with my wife, imagine if I got to the airport her standing there and no license. Lots of explaining. Off to the storage to get my cards. My heart is still racing.
Pay attention to the details!!

Tiffany

linda allen
10-20-2010, 08:47 AM
................. Pay attention to the details!!

Tiffany

Yes, the details.

I guess there's a reason you don't just put the wallet in the purse?

TiffanyTgirl
10-20-2010, 08:50 AM
I know how you feel. Everytime I do anything, I have to go through my checklist and I still get paranoid that I missed something. I am glad it wasn't worse.

Marilyn Beck
10-20-2010, 09:00 AM

I don't put my male wallet in my purse, because I have a female wallet that I prefer to use. Consequently, I also have to transfer my license, cash, credit cards, etc. to my female wallet when I venture out en femme. What happened to Tiffany could easily happen to me.

AKAMichelle
10-20-2010, 09:20 AM
That right there is why we always get caught. We forget something and then somebody finds it. Then can you say busted. :D

Lucky for you that you found out about your license before the flight as that would have been a big problem.

Tammy V
10-20-2010, 09:58 AM
I always put my male wallet in my female purse, but can understand why one would not want to. Even if you forgot you licence etc. at the airport, it wouldn't nessesarily bust you for cding would it?

Sarah Doepner
10-20-2010, 10:09 AM

Because my male wallet is fat and ugly and I really don't have room in my purse? I have left things in my purse that I needed later, but it's getting easier to return everything to where it belongs as I get more orgainized.

SherriePall
10-20-2010, 10:19 AM
You mean that I am not the only one who has done that. I usually transfer my main credit card and my driver's license to my femme wallet to put in my purse. My male wallet I hide in the car to have just in case. One time I did that I forgot to transfer my things back to my male wallet and when I went to pay a bill with my main card, it wasn't there. Had to use my back-up card for which I got no cash back.

Loni
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
it can be a pain when you get so many miles from home and you are running late, you remember all of the card's are not in the wallet in use. one time i was a good two hundred miles from home...no cash no cards, no DL...the chp would have put me up as a poster child for how good my driving was..or pulled me over cause i was not speeding or breaking some law.
i am having way to many senior moments running around looking for things that were right...there.

AllieSF
10-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Like the others, I try to make a simple routine that I always follow that makes sure that the correct things go in the purse when going out and come out of the purse when back at home. It works very well, but is not perfect. I am now looking for my $500 glasses that are less than a year old! Some days things just don't follow that planned routine..

tifftg
10-20-2010, 07:13 PM
When I get to spend Tiffany time, I want to be totally femme. Putting my boring wallet into my purse is just mentally uncomfortable to me.

5150 Girl
10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
I used to worry about close calls, and getting busted, and what-not... But beeing out, [I] don't have those problems anymore.

linda allen
10-21-2010, 09:20 AM
There might be wallet that's a compromise, that would serve as a "male" wallet and also a "girl" wallet. Just a thought.

I have memory problems these days also.