PDA

View Full Version : I woke up this morning and what did I feel...

tanyalynn51
10-20-2010, 08:56 AM
No, this isnt a play on an old song (ok, well maybe the title is). I got a bit of a shock when I woke up this morning and at least conciously felt the first difference of taking hormones. My doctor and therapist both told me that since I already have fleshy breasts, that the first noticible thing may be a growth in their size and/or feel. I dont know that I can see anything yet, but I sleep on my stomach, and I realized when I woke up this morning that I could truly feel a difference in them as I lay on them. When I sat up, i realized that my nightgown, on which the bra part is a little large on me, was filled out a little bit better. No pain or anything in or around the nipples yet, (they said it may be a while before I have to worry about this), and no big effect on my emotions, but I feel elated that there is a change that I can feel.

Gerrijerry
10-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Yes that first morning when you realize that the changes are really happening is wonderful. Just remember to see your doctor a lot to monitor everything. Oh one last thing that I have never heard others say. Once you need to wear a bra it is very different then when you could only wear it when you felt like it. Not that it is a bad thing just different.

sandra-leigh
10-20-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm looking forward to this happening to me!

Traci Elizabeth
10-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Oh trust me the aching, hurting, throbbing pain from within will come and with a vengeance. I can also promise you that you won't be sleeping on your stomach that much as you learn quickly that the pain will wake you out of a dead sleep and will hurt like hell.

One more thing, make sure you turn the lights on when moving about in the dark so you don't walk into anything hitting your boobs. If you ever thought getting kicked in the "balls" was bad, you haven't felt anything yet!

There will be no doubt when your breasts start to grow, no guessing games, no measuring, as it will be so obvious and not from a "I feel good" point of view BUT when the hell is this pain going to stop!

Welcome to female puberty!

tanyalynn51
10-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement- Traci- I know it is coming, because my Doctor told me, but I understand that I wont get it until it gets here, but I still appreciate what you said. It took me this long to work up the nerve to do it- Im going to stick with it.

Melody Moore
10-20-2010, 08:41 PM
I was lucky in one respect but unlucky in another because I already had small female breast pre-HRT and they were big enough that it was very noticeable with a shirt on unless I wore a very tight fitting 'boob-tube' under my shirt to flatten them out & make them less obvious. Back when I was in 'male mode' I use to get embarrassed if I noticed anyone staring at my chest, especially if they ever made a comment about them.

Now I've been on HRT over 2 months now and the results are amazing, even my doctor was blown away by my breast development, so he took more blood for testing so they can check my oestrogen levels. But I am also at the stage where I cannot sleep any longer on my front and they are so tender & sore that I don't like to wear anything that puts pressure on my breasts. I use to wear a silicon strapless bra, also a type of breast form before to fill my breast out more & give me more cleavage, but now the cleavage is naturally there that I no longer need it - but the most obvious sign that my breast development is well under way is the pain like Traci just said.

However there is something else I feel that I must warn you about and its to do with taking your meds (I take Progenova & Androcur). A few times in the past month I have had really bad nausea & stomach cramps that have lasted between 2 to 3 hours despite trying to relieve myself by going the toilet & taking pain killers. This hit me one night around midnight just as I was about to try and go to sleep so needless to say I didn't get to sleep until 3am than night because of the severe pain I was experiencing. Anyway I spoke to my doctor about this and he told me that it was very important to take my HRT medication with food. So now I take them when I have breakfast in the morning & dinner in the evening & so far no more problems. So don't ever skip meals & take your meds without food.

tanyalynn51
10-20-2010, 09:10 PM
I was lucky in one respect but unlucky in another because I already had small female breast pre-HRT and they were big enough that it was very noticeable with a shirt on unless I wore a very tight fitting 'boob-tube' under my shirt to flatten them out & make them less obvious. Back when I was in 'male mode' I use to get embarrassed if I noticed anyone staring at my chest, especially if they ever made a comment about them.

Now I've been on HRT over 2 months now and the results are amazing, even my doctor was blown away by my breast development, so he took more blood for testing so they can check my oestrogen levels. But I am also at the stage where I cannot sleep any longer on my front and they are so tender & sore that I don't like to wear anything that puts pressure on my breasts. I use to wear a silicon strapless bra, also a type of breast form before to fill my breast out more & give me more cleavage, but now the cleavage is naturally there that I no longer need it - but the most obvious sign that my breast development is well under way is the pain like Traci just said.

However there is something else I feel that I must warn you about and its to do with taking your meds (I take Progenova & Androcur). A few times in the past month I have had really bad nausea & stomach cramps that have lasted between 2 to 3 hours despite trying to relieve myself by going the toilet & taking pain killers. This hit me one night around midnight just as I was about to try and go to sleep so needless to say I didn't get to sleep until 3am than night because of the severe pain I was experiencing. Anyway I spoke to my doctor about this and he told me that it was very important to take my HRT medication with food. So now I take them when I have breakfast in the morning & dinner in the evening & so far no more problems. So don't ever skip meals & take your meds without food.

My doctor said that I should let it dissolve under my tongue for best results. Im hoping that may allieve some of the stomach problems, although I am still taking it after meals. I guess I havent mentioned what I am taking- Estradiol, a generic of Estrace, 1mg. twice daily.

jessicaheartt09
10-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm glad to hear that you have noticeable results. Just remember that when they start to become real sore around the nipple to wear breast pads!. It will help alot.