PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happend yesterday

Michelle James
10-20-2010, 12:01 PM
I went to the Dunes TG weekend last thursday through Sunday and i have been dressed ever since. I had my nails done with CND Shellac last monday and since removal is not a simple thing i decided to keep them. So yesterday I did the grocery shopping and some other errands enfemme since the nails are done. LOL I picked up everything we needed or so I thought. i returned home about 5pm and immediately removed my wig and bra because it was time to wash them. So my wig is soaking in 1 sink and my bra is in another when I realized I forgot to pick up some buns for the hamburgers we were going to have. Since I had already removed my makeup and did't feel like redoing it just to run to the store I decided to just go in drab. But what to do about the nails? I know i'll just put on some gloves. On the way out the door I grabbed the only pair I could find. A pair of bright orange work gloves. i know, right. So I get to the store and proudly wear my gloves in, after all Tutti Frutti nails in boy mode just doesn't work. As I was walking toward the bread isle I was stopped by a stock boy who felt he needed to ask "what's with the gloves"? i couldn't get mad as I most likely would have asked the same question. Since I was caught literally "red" handed I just said "my nails are painted pink and I don't want anyone to see", and removed one glove. Well the young man turned 13 shades of red before turning and hurrying off. I just stood there and laughed my a$$ of. A lady who overheard said "you know you might want to rethink the orange gloves" So I removed them and said "what the hell". We both had a good laugh and I got on with my purchase. No one els seemed to notice or care.

the moral to this story is Pink nails good orange gloves bad. LOl

Kathi Lake
10-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Pink nails good. Orange gloves bad (writing furiously) . . . Got it!

Thanks for the important safety tip, Michelle!

Kathi

tanyalynn51
10-20-2010, 12:08 PM
One of the things I love about this place- such great fashion tips.

AKAMichelle
10-20-2010, 01:11 PM
That is exactly what I was thinking. The orange gloves are going to get attention. Most people wouldn't even notice the nails painted.

JohnH
10-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I happen to agree. I used to paint my nails in guy mode, and most people did not notice the nail polish. I painted them black, dark grey, dark blue, or copper until I decided that it was too high maintenance to keep them looking nice - I would have to touch them up all the time.

Now orange gloves - that will certainly draw attention!

tricia_uktv
10-20-2010, 03:19 PM
I wear long acrylic French nails in guy mode, the tips of which currently decorated in silver. People hardly notice. But when they do I tell them everything, and we normally have a great laugh. So the moral I suppose is only wear gloves when dressing en-femme.

sissystephanie
10-20-2010, 04:05 PM
I have Pink Acrylic fingernails everyday! They are also a little longer than normal mens and rounded in the feminine shape. I have had compliments on them, but no other comments!!

Tammy V
10-20-2010, 04:10 PM
The first time I ever got my nails done I hated to remove them as well and went around doing errands in gloves. It was Novemeber but still warm here and no one said anything to me, but I did get some looks when I was in a sub shop ordering and paying with gloves on. Oh, and the only gloves I could find were thick insulated ones.

ShannonDragon
10-20-2010, 04:12 PM
So how about doing a study on Blue nails? I have heard that color is all the rage. :D