PDA

View Full Version : Change of gender on drivers license PRE-OP in Florida

Katesback
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I just wanted to tell you that a girl that I know all too well recently after two months of work (I know I would not have done as much as she did) has been successful getting her gender marker changed on her drivers license while Pre_OP.

This is in the state of Florida.

What did she do?

1. Legal name change
2. Passport change with Female gender marker
3. A letter from her eldo saying some ambigious stuff that apparently meets the state requirements (she spent hours getting thier specific guidelines for the letter).
It turns out that the letter does not need to specify terms that are SRS specific.
4. The last thing she did was make six trips to the motor vehicle license place.

I would have never thought she was going to be successful but perhaps she just would not give up with "NO".

Needless to say I PERSONALLY have seen her new drivers license and pasport and both do indeed have the Female gender marker.

As I said this girl spent a LOT of time (bordering on insanity in my opinion) to get the gender markers changed. I myself waited till after SRS but hey if SRS is not in your future you might consider trying like she did.

If you are serious you can mail me here and I can give you her email address and you can ask her questions.

Katie

Teri Jean
10-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Katie,

We can do the same in Minnesota and with a letter from your endro and therapist you can file and they do the background check and then it is in front of the court and you walk out a female. No surgery required. There is a few hoops but in the end it is do-able.

Melody Moore
10-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Hi,

Its similar here in Australia,

First of all you need to apply for a change of name to the Births Deaths & Marriages registry in the town or city in which you were born. Then you need a signed Gender Identity Certificate from your treating Psychologist/Psychiatrist that shows your new identity & sex and your old identity & previous sex and that you are now undertaking affirmed action in changing your gender identity such as counselling & treatment.

Once you have this Gender Identity Certificate then you go to the Department of Transport and they will accept this, along with your new birth certificate showing the change in your identity to change your name & Sex on your Drivers Licence. The same documents along with your new drivers licence with photographic ID are also necessary to change your identity with Medicare, Bank Accounts, Centrelink, Electrol Role & the Australian Tax Office etc.

CharleneT
10-21-2010, 05:13 PM
It can also be an issue of who served you. In Iowa, where I live, the rules clearly state that you must have SRS prior to a gender marker change on the Drvs Lic., but I was able to do so without SRS. Basically, I talked my way into it - with some luck at the court house and good advice from an Attny friend. BUT, the next person might have a very different experience. The SSN offices are fairly famous for this variability. For me, no way at all. Then two other friends here in town had no problems.

danalynnts
11-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Im in Florida also and very intrsested in changing my license...any idea where i can find the guideliness to get for my endo?

My Lady Marsea
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
In AZ my endo doctor like sent me a letter to who it may concern with his address/letterhead, state license, and stating that I was irreversibly irrevocably on HRT and mentally competent and in his statement asked that my gender be modified to reflect same. After presenting said letter it took less than a hour as the uninformed clerk(s) looked for and found the heading or wutever they needed like in the big golden book of AZ driving laws lol. I got my "F"...never thought I'd be so totally happy to get an F on something, used to get punished for that lol.

Jorja
11-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Oh yea, now that I spent thousands of dollars and had myself surgically modified do they ok getting an F on the driver license. It's a conspiracy I say!!!!

Giggles,,,, doesn't matter I would have done this anyway ;)

Traci Elizabeth
11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I for one would really like a copy of that letter, personal identifying info blacked out of course if at all possible.

Kathryn Martin
11-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I wrote to the DMV in Nova Scotia and was told "Your client will be required to come into the office with a new birth certificate showing their gender change". No in my case I was born in Germany. German law requires me to get divorced and produce two affidavits of two "experts" attesting to the fact that I have had a genital change operation and am no longer able to produce offspring. The latter is probably so as to not carry my deviant sperm into the future:D.... if they only knew:devil:

Me thinks, statutory and constitutional challenge waiting to happen.

I might just end up changing my bureaucratic gender by decree of the court.

We will see (evil washing of the hands):wall: