PDA

View Full Version : halloween in the french quarter

oliviarub
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
a friend and i will be dressed and spending time in the french quarter on saturday for halloween.
just letting you know in case some of you may be interested in meeting there.
there's strenght in numbers so come on down!!
lots of fun to be had.

LACD
10-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Would love to join you as I'm in the vicinity. How is the vibe there? I know NOLA is pretty acceptiong, but just how easy is it to go out dressed there? I know a lot of people there and am wprried about being recognized.

divamissz
10-20-2010, 09:36 PM
First, I am so jealous! I've been out in the Quarter for Halloween and it was a ball. If you go down Decatur towards the Esplanade/Frenchmens end you'll probably find crowds that are easier to manage.

How easy is it to go out dressed in New Orleans? Well, I was there in January and I had no problems at all! The thread is at:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?124359-The-days-and-nights-of-Zelda-in-New-Orleans-part-1-2-and-3

As for worrying about being recognized? That's always a consideration when you go out in public. In the time I lived in New Orleans and went out, I was recognized three times-two of those after I walked over to the person to say hi.

You can always say you're dressed for Halloween, which is a good excuse. But don't let worrying about the remote possibility keep you from having fun!

oliviarub
10-20-2010, 09:37 PM
very laid back and even more so on halloween.
most people will just look at you and perhaps make a comment if they like it.
once made up,you friends will not recognize you as they don't expect it.
try to make it.

VickysBFF
10-21-2010, 01:39 PM
I never went out dressed in NOLA since it's my hometown but one of my funniest memories is when I was walking down Decatur during Southern Decadence ( the local LGBT festival). I saw a man on a dog leash crawling on all fours down the street with a woman dressed in leather holding the leash. No one gave a second glance or batted an eye because that was probably the least-interesting thing going on at that moment :)

oliviarub
10-21-2010, 05:34 PM
danielle.n and vickysbff.you should make it down to the quarter and have some fun with us.
anyone else coming?????

Michelle 51
10-21-2010, 06:25 PM
If it was possible i sure would love to.Been there several times and love it especialy the ribs at "House of Blues" or "bubba's".From what i saw you could crossdress year around and not feel out of place there.

AKAMichelle
10-21-2010, 06:35 PM
sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately I will be in Denver but that doesn't mean that you can't have enough fun for the both of us. :D

Melanie R
10-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Our group of 65 crossdressers with many wives will be in NOLA Friday, October 29 but leaving on a 5 day Halloween cruise on the Triumph October 30. We will be a part of many Halloween parties among 2500 other passengers. This is our third Halloween to do a cruise enfemme. There are a few cabins remaining if anyone whould like to join us.

DianeDeBris
10-22-2010, 01:17 AM
NOLA is absolutely the *most* comfortable, accepting place on the planet, for those of us who CD, and for everyone else who does whatever works for him/her, period. By coincidence only, my very first time out in public, many years ago, was in NOLA at Halloween (there's a fantastic party at Armstrong Park every year) but I have been there as my femme self many, many times in all seasons since then, and nobody has an attitude all all -- other than "Laissez les bon temps rolle!" -- the truth is that, as Tommy Lee Jones said in "JFK," "In New Orleans nobody cares what you do, or who you do it with, they just want to know about it." You'll have the time of your life!!!

BiancaEstrella
10-22-2010, 02:21 AM
I can't remember if I have to work that night or not. If no, I'll see about joining the crowd! I already have a costume set for Sunday night, but wouldn't mind doing something en femme that Saturday night.

Melanie R
10-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Sounds like a great getaway, Melanie! Since you made the cruise a few times, would you say the environment onboard is welcoming?

Most people on cruises believe that how you dress and how you act stays on the ship. If you dress and act with dignity, you will be accepted or at least ignored.

oliviarub
10-22-2010, 08:58 PM
any other girls care to join the fun?
pm me if you'd like to meet up with us there or elsewhere.
lots of fun to be had and the quarter is as good a place as any to dress.as good and safe as being indoors.
come have fun ladies!!

TonyaV
10-29-2010, 04:26 PM
I will be in in town all dressed up on Sunday. Anyone else? I could use the company - I am not familiar with the area.