PDA

View Full Version : First the costume, then the event?

Chickhe
10-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Anyone else pick their costume first, then try to find an event to go to? My guess, is most people get invited to a party, then scramble to find a costume....unless you are a CDer, you've been working on your costume for months and then you try to find a fun party to go to... The way I did it this year, I listened to a radio station that is hosting a party. I didn't win free tickets to the x'th caller in (always busy), but instead got lucky and called in to a riddle type contest, to my surprise the phone rang and I got the correct answer after about dozzen failed attempts by the other listeners... so, I've got a party to go to...and now my wife has to scrable for her costume...hahahaha.

AllieSF
10-20-2010, 11:10 PM
I am one of those "after the fact" people. Two invites and I am scrounging together an outfit. I really should plan ahead!

Nick2Nikki
10-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Costume first, event later. My costume is about 1/4 done (eek!), and I'm still not sure if I'm even going out at all.

5150 Girl
10-21-2010, 12:44 AM
I started thinking about what to be back in June.....

Blaire
10-21-2010, 01:07 AM
It's like buying a belt, and then looking for the dress to match... Guilty!

Loni
10-21-2010, 01:12 AM
there is a party for me to go to...just no costume. and it is this saturday night.

LisaTaylor
10-21-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm one of those long-range planning types who feels the need to get the costume together first. Then scramble to find a fun event to go to after the fact. Shopping for costumes/costume parts is a lot like shopping for Christmas presents. The longer you wait (closer to the event), the less selection is available. Now to find a good party!