PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

John1
10-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Alright so I just have a quick silly question for you.

With Halloween coming up, my favorite holiday, most of my friends I hang out with are working on a haunted hayride, so they wont be able to do anything over the halloween weekend, so me and 1 other friend of mine were going to go to a Lingerie Ball/Halloween Party at a nearby bar. (Girls in skimpy lingerie or sexy costumes, Men in just regular costumes)

last year for Halloween I went as a girl, bought a dress had a friend do my make up ext. so I have that stuff from last year... and I wanted to go cheap this year and buy very little or use stuff I already have. In my brain storming I thought I could wear the same dress again this year and go as a Dance Hall Girl to the bar. Having my friend a special effects make up artist from the haunted hayride give me some grizzly wounds (Gun shots, stab wounds ext) and go as a murdered Dance Hall Girl to the bar.

But the question is, Since I am only going with 1 friend, i'll pretty much be on my own, as he'll be off doing his own thing, and i'll be doing mine. I know its Halloween weekend but going to a bar in a big city dressed like that. Would it be a good idea? I dont really hang out at bars or anything. So I don't know the atmosphere down there. And I dont really know who or where else to ask but is it a good idea to go in drag to a bar?

I have long hair down to my lower back as is, so I like to use that for the costumes I use. And i've gone out in dresses in public before for different things, (Went to work dressed as Pippi Longstocking for a friends birthday) (Went to my friends Curves Fitness center, In a dress) (And Trick or Treating last year as a girl.) so confidence isn't really an issue for me. Its just more so the fact i'll be more or less alone... would that be the safest idea or should I try to think of something else.

Hope this post wasn't too scrambled and incoherent.

ReineD
10-23-2010, 01:14 AM
I'd check out the bar first in guy mode, if you can, so you can develop an idea of the clientele. Hopefully you'll sense if the regular patrons would object to your presentation. If it's a GLBT or alternative bar, then no worries! :)

Stephanie Miller
10-23-2010, 08:22 AM
The likelyhood of anything happening inside the bar is very unlikely. I'm assuming your friend is still with you walking from the car to and from the bar, but still check if the parking lot is well lit and the chance of someone causing a problem to and from your car is minimal just in case that changes .Then, like Reine said.. do a pre-check on the place first. If nothing raises a warning flag.... Have FUN. OH! Don't forget to take pics to post. :D

linda allen
10-23-2010, 08:29 AM
I think it depends on the bar. A "biker bar" would be a bad choice. A higher class bar in a hotel should be fine.

If going out in public as a female doesn't bother you, going to a nice bar with a male friend shouldn't bother you either.

AKAMichelle
10-23-2010, 09:33 AM
If you would comfortable in the bar in male mode then you are possibly ok. Nothing will probably happen in the bar, but to and from the bar are the most dangereous anyway. So be careful

Krysta
10-23-2010, 10:36 AM
I totally agree with the other posters above. Couldn't hurt to get a can of mace and pop it in your purse just in case! you never know. Since we dont know what city, you will be the best judge of the surroundings. I am sure you will be fine though and have a great time! Make sure to take a bunch of pics for us!!!!

Rachel Morley
10-23-2010, 01:23 PM
But the question is, Since I am only going with 1 friend, i'll pretty much be on my own, as he'll be off doing his own thing, and i'll be doing mine.
Ok, I'm a bit confused here. If you're going out with one friend and you're going out together, how come he's gonna go off and so his own thing? When I go out with friends (especially if it's a small group) we always stick fairly close together most of the night. Anyway, to answer your question, I'd say if, as you say, confidence is not a problem for you you'll probably easily be able to strike up a conversation with people you don't know dressed like that. If you don't feel comfortable you could always meet up with your friend again or go home early. :2c:

Sarah Doepner
10-23-2010, 01:41 PM
There are a lot of considerations in making this choice. A trip to the bar to see what it's like is a good idea. However if it seems a little strange on a non-Halloween night, it will be very strange on Halloween. Everything (from the fun to the silly to the agressive) gets ramped up a notch or two when everyone is without an identity.

Karren H
10-23-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd go!