PDA

View Full Version : Just a list of halloween costume ideas

JoannaCaroline
10-23-2010, 04:05 AM
As always, Im out of ideas for halloween this year. Living in Europe makes it more difficult because ...well because everything in Europe is just a little more inconvenient! I first dressed for halloween as a girl 20 years ago. Since then I've done Marilyn, Anna Nicole Smith, Fetish diva, etc etc etc.

In any case this thread should not be a debate about costumes but rather a list of ideas for anyone to peruse. Ive looked at the other posts so I will start with all those that I can remember being posted. Please keep the replies to a list so that everyone can quickly peruse it.

Anna Nicole Smith
Marilyn Monroe
Nurse
Witch
Elvira
Britney Spears (or any other pop icon that I don't know)
Dominatrix
Ski Bunny
Sarah Palin
Morticia Addams
Alice in Wonderland
Maid
Barbie
Cinderella
Victorian lady
Princess
Queen
Goldilocks
Mermaid
Snow White
Dorothy
Nun
Red Riding Hood
Wench
School Girl
Vampire
Medusa
Devil
Playboy Bunny
Hooters Girl
Flight Attendant
Flapper
Slave girl
Pocahontas
Nefertiti
Batgirl
Supergirl
Catwoman
Belly Dancer
Cheerleader
Cleopatra
Bride

elle_2000
10-23-2010, 05:38 AM
I am 6'4" tall and would love to be a witch. I think I could scare the bejesus out of everyone.

KitCat
10-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Zombie Bride
My SO bridesmaid and I will be snacking on whats left of the groom.
Head, hand,bones...
You get the idea

Andy66
10-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Any character from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Princess Peach.
Granny.
B-movie Amazon Martian chick.

Paula Siemen
10-23-2010, 07:58 AM
You mentioned it, but didn't go far enough....."Devil with a Blue Dress on"
Victoria Secret Angel model
Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader
Topless Dancer????
Lady Godiva
Wonder Woman
Cleopatra
Statue of Liberty
Blind Justice
Bat Girl
Pussy Galore aka Bond Girl
Joan of Arc
Medusala
to name a few.

Inna
10-23-2010, 08:41 AM
"Man suit" meaning drab, the scariest of them all, really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKAMichelle
10-23-2010, 09:29 AM
I am doing the angel thingy myself.

Teri Jean
10-23-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm going as a vamp-ire. I thought about going as a guy but that just seemed to be to scary also (Alexia). I have a couple back ups one of which is a wench. What every we do go as have fun and be safe. Hugggs

Karren H
10-23-2010, 09:36 AM
I stopped by the halloween store yesterday to pickup something cute and fem and the cheapest one there was $50!!! Ekkkkkk. I'm thinking of repurposing one of my old costumes or combining them... She Devil Nun? Nun Flapper?

Angiemead12
10-23-2010, 09:37 AM
ill head out to some unknown area for abit as angie

audreyinalbany
10-23-2010, 10:12 AM
although I'm not a fan of her politics, having Sara Palin on the National scene gives me a not unattractive female to be for Halloween...

Stacye Rose
10-23-2010, 12:04 PM
After wanting to for many Halloweens this year I'm going as Dorothy. A friend is making my dress, I have the shoes, and the rest is cake

Chickhe
10-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm going to do Joan Jett...I hit the thrift stores and got black leather jacket, pants, a tank top, black wig... I tried the eye makeup already and I look good...not exactly a Joan look alike, but close enough. I was going to wear a black leather skirt, but it doesn't really fit her character. Now I just have to brush up on my catch phrases from her songs. I'm going to a party hosted by a heavy rock station so I should blend okay, I don't think I'll win the contest, but you never know...most people get a kick out of it when they like your costume and then discover you are also in drag.

Sarah Doepner
10-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Lunch lady
Librarian
Carmen Miranda
Hula Dancer
TV Weather Girl
Walmart Shopper in PJs, etc
Hippie chick
Police Officer
Prisoner

And I'm sure there are so many others. The commercial costumes are expensive, but there are a lot that can be put together for a few dollars and some thrift store shopping.

kristinacd55
10-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I was Glinda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz in the 70's. Wish I had a pic! I do I do! But I meant of me as her :daydreaming:

JoannaCaroline
10-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Cant believe I forgot

Dolly Parton
Betty Boop
Betty Page

kay2
10-24-2010, 10:37 AM
My GG friends said I should wear jeans and a t-shirt. That would be a costume for me. They also said they would wear skirts and tights to go as me. :)

skirt_guy
10-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm going as a Cigarette Girl and instead of cigarettes I'm gonna have jello shots underneath the top of the tray. I'll have some cigs boxes, candy bars, cracker jacks etc in the box but the goodies will be under. I'll have a waist coat and short skirt to complement. My 44C bra is bothering my wife a little but I think she's going to deal with it........ Any suggestions as to what to use to fill my bra with? Purchasing forms would totally freak her out so I made a couple bags of rice/beans. They have a habit of falling out of the bottom of my bra. Good thing I did several test runs!!!!!

Sarasometimes
10-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Taylor Swift for Milk. Blonde curly long wig, dress like her with a giuter and a fake milk mustache. See link, she talks about the great wardrobe she had to choose from for the ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBHzD_iqATc

joank
10-27-2010, 11:13 AM
If you want something really scary, do Nancy Pelosi.

gracee
10-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey Skirt_guy, if you're doing that cigarette-girl gig don't neglect to treat yourself to a garter belt and nylons worn up high and a pair of snappy panties, preferably flowered. You know you'll feel great!

skirt_guy
10-27-2010, 09:55 PM
My thighs are tooooooooo big for thigh highs. Wife had a thought of some white thigh highs with bows and I declined. I've worn them before and not for me. Going to a party with a bunch of friends so will prob avoid panties alltogether. I do have a nice pair of fish nets though.

Still need a good, easy , inexpensive bra packer for a 44C. The 2 cups of rice is just too heavy, been pairing it down but the lighter weight allows less mass. Any help is appreciated.

Andy66
10-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Glue Smarties candies to a pair of pants and be a Smartie Pants. :heehee:

Still need a good, easy , inexpensive bra packer for a 44C. The 2 cups of rice is just too heavy, been pairing it down but the lighter weight allows less mass.
Go check out a craft store to see what they have. Think of a big foam ball cut in half, or yarn balls, something along those lines. Ask one of the crafty employees for suggestions.

TommyII
10-28-2010, 08:37 PM
I love Halloween. I stopped in Payless today and got the cutest open toe 4" sandels (size 12) for $8. Talked to my GG friend and she is coming over tomorrow to go thru my closet to find something to wear. She is going to CD as FTM and I'm going as, well you can guess. I love this girl, too bad she is the daughter of a close friend.

Molly Wells
10-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Saw a gg friend dressed for a Halloween event last night. She went as Octomom. Costume looked simple enough. Knee length black dress and leggings. Long black wig. She had 8 baby dolls in a infant carrier that hung in front (like the ones that many moms have for one baby). The infant carrier was modified to have a "pocket" for each of the dolls.The outfit was really cute and looked easy to create.
Molly

donnalee
10-28-2010, 10:46 PM
My thighs are tooooooooo big for thigh highs. Wife had a thought of some white thigh highs with bows and I declined. I've worn them before and not for me. Going to a party with a bunch of friends so will prob avoid panties alltogether. I do have a nice pair of fish nets though.

Still need a good, easy , inexpensive bra packer for a 44C. The 2 cups of rice is just too heavy, been pairing it down but the lighter weight allows less mass. Any help is appreciated.
There is a sort of flow-pack(styrofoam) about the size of small beads that would certainly be light weight; only problem is I don't have a source for it.

RachelPortugal
10-29-2010, 08:40 AM
As always, Im out of ideas for halloween this year. Living in Europe makes it more difficult because ...well because everything in Europe is just a little more inconvenient!

Sorry to be a party pooper!

As a European, born and bred and in some ways a bit of a traditionalist, the list of Halloween costumes is quite short! After all, it is all about ghosts, spirits and all the saints. It is not just any old fancy dress party, there is a theme! Sorry if it is a bit inconvenient, but when in Rome .....

My list.
Ghost or ghoulie: Plain white sheet, headless Cavalier, clinking chains (good for those into BDSM) etc.
Skeleton.
Angel or saint: St George, Joan of Arc etc.
Mummy.
Devil or She Devil :devil:
Witch.
Witch's cat.

And as for trick or treating, which has now become a popular Halloween activity in the UK too, that is just a *******isation of an old Dutch custom which took place on St Martin's day in the middle of November. When I lived in The Netherlands, I always made sure I had a bag of sweets on hand for St Martin's day, when the kids came round in fancy dress.

Maybe the trick or treat and fancy dress slipped forward a couple of weeks in the US calendar to Halloween.

JoannaCaroline
10-30-2010, 07:14 AM
I live in Europe now and its true the roots of the holiday are ghost goblin etc, but I think all of us did every one of those costumes as a kid and with the exception of the vampire none of them interest me. I guess I m just really bored with the holiday. Its the day before and I didn't come up with a good idea. I'll probably just bag the whole thing and stay in.

JainaCarpaccio
10-30-2010, 08:19 AM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned what would be the most daring of all attempts...... Lady Godiva!

daviolin
10-30-2010, 08:19 AM
I did a Flapper last halloween. This year I'm doing Patty Loveless my favorite country western singer.

suit
10-30-2010, 12:37 PM

the sytorfoam beads are from target , bean bag filling call first , or how about puffed riceand bird sead ?

windycissy
10-30-2010, 12:52 PM
For a grand total of $10 I was able to transform this orange skirt, scarf, black top and tights into a girlcat by adding ears and a tail from Evangeline's fabulous costume shop in Sacramento, my whiskers were drawn with eyeliner...I wore this out on Thursday night and for once my voice didn't let me down: whenever someone asked me about my costume I just said "meow"

Josie M
10-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Elvyra would be fun if I could find a way to pull off the cleavage. Other than that Victorian or Flapper would be a fun look to play with. A "wild west Saloon Girl" would be a fun idea too. As for Wench...well, I'm re-joining the Society for Creative Anachronism and seriously considering something like that as an alternate personae.

Sherry Ann Evans
10-30-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm going out as a sexy bunny tonight!

I'm 5-8 with an average body. My costume consists of: black long-sleeved leotard, pink fishnets, and a "bunny accessories" kit (ears, bushy tail, wirstcuffs, bowtie) that's black with pink trim (it's this one: http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/Create-a-Formal-Bunny-Costume-/ however I'm wearing a different pink bowtie because the one in the kit doesn't fit around my neck and the other one is cooler anyhow.) Also wearing silver flats and a silver purse. My wig is long, wavy, and auburn in color.

If anyone reading this is from NJ, then maybe we'll meet tonight! I plan to be at Club Feathers (in River Edge) around 9:30, until 11-ish, and then I'll probably wander around Hoboken. If you see me please introduce yourself!!

Happy Halloween!
- Sherry

PS - extra fun 'cause today is my birthday!