PDA

View Full Version : Is Autumn when the pink fog hits?

MarinaKirax
10-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Or is it just me? I have found that my activities, particularly my more risk-taking activities, have been in the Fall. I think there is something about Autumn that gets the pink fog stirring in us ladies. I'm talking about purchases, time on the web, outings, all the things that might get you caught. It all starts in the Fall..

Anyone else feel this ?

Lucy_Bella
10-24-2010, 01:16 AM
I just touched on that a few weeks back, it seems to be with me..

joanna marie
10-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Thats when the fog really sets in big time for me

Steph.TS
10-24-2010, 01:24 AM
the pink fog got a hold of me in the spring, and it's grasp is getting strong, moved from panties/bralette to clothing, to makeup, I would love to one day live 24/7 and transition but it seems so far off that it'll never happen...

MarinaKirax
10-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Easy, Tigeress. On one side is an enticing fantasy you can indulge whenever you want, and hurt no one. On the other is a reality you must live every day forever, and possibly hurt everyone you have ever loved. Come on, girl! choose the easy way out! But I know how you feel. MK

jessica renee
10-24-2010, 01:47 AM
It seems like I've been living in a pink fog for about 6 to 8 months now.

Shari
10-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Pretty much all summer I thought that the urges were subsiding.
Wrong!
Once again with the cooler weather, Shari is coming off her sabbatical.
Happens every fall.

kellyanne
10-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Perhaps the lower sunlight hours trigger specific hormones - I experienced the same rise of Autumn Pink Fog from age 18 - 38.
It leveled since and I feel Pink 12 months a year but like you it was VERY pronounced to the point where my dressing stopped fully in high summer.

Jenny Gurl
10-24-2010, 07:11 AM
I think some girls brains realize that it is going to be a season where you can get away with shaving your legs without anyone noticing for a while. I know the "no one will notice" discussions are here but some still don't feel comfortable unless you can cover them with pants and socks during drab time. Some SO only agree to let us shave them in the colder months as part of their boundaries. Karen posted this a short while back as a boundary set by "she who must be obeyed". It is much more difficult to pass as a woman in summer cloths, so the expected colder weather fashions coming into style may give some more confidence. Pantyhose are a very feminine feeling, and cooler months are when they are not only comfortable to wear, but blend well with all the other ladies who wear them in the cooler weather. I don't know the real answer here, but for statistical records my pink fog comes a rolling in about this time also. Summer is such a busy time that we many times are busy with household chores etc. Fall is when we start preparing for a lot of in home activities and that definitely includes doing it inside dressed. It almost feels like the girl in me has been dormant during the summer and is waking up again.

Christina2008
10-24-2010, 07:16 AM
I was just thinking a week or so ago about this exact thing. How every year around this time I start to get lost in the fog, taking risks, buying loads of femme items. When I look over my pictures from the past, there are more of me dressed in autumn/fall.

So it might not just be me after all. Maybe it’s something in the air, Halloween?

msniki48
10-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Marina,

I have found that the summer makes it hard for me to get to support meetings as the sun is still up at 9 pm, next door neighbors are out playing wiffle ball etc.:sad: also it is harder for us that need to wear heavier makeup and wigs in the summer, [ and this one was brutal] outside sports such as swimming and boating present another problem for me, although i shave, i do leave the arm pits alone for the summer. Now in the fall, however, i am constantly thinking of going to a meeting buying a new dress, searching for a new hair style etc.... Yep it starts in the fall for me too.:battingeyelashes: yes we gurls have our own trials and tribulations:eek:

Christina,

I think after reading posts in here for a while you will find that there are not too many things that happen to you, that are not being done or felt by so many of us here. [ and that is a good thing, because you are not alone in this journey]

Hugs:battingeyelashes:

Jenny , you are so right .:) plus i find it so hard to ride my motorcycle and fit my wig under my helmet....plus my skirt blows around too much:eek:....lol

Cherry Lynn
10-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Jenny , you are so right .:) plus i find it so hard to ride my motorcycle and fit my wig under my helmet....plus my skirt blows around too much:eek:....lol

I have noticed that too when I ride my Harley.

Claire Cook
10-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Maybe it's that I can wear more slacks and longer skirts to hide those knobby knees and skinny legs!

Veronica Lacey
10-24-2010, 10:47 AM
The cooler temps of the autumn and winter months are wonderful times to wear many of my fineries without the discomfort of perspiring and overheating. Summer time heat makes the notion of more detailed dressing almost unbearable.

While I may not wish to venture out of doors while dressed I do afford myself the odd luxury similar to today: dressed in my satins, sitting in the recliner, watching the rain pour down outside while sipping some tea. :)

Gina X
10-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Does the pink fog go away then ??

Love Gina x

Janine cd
10-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I have had the same experience. It seems that autumn brings out a sudden urge to dress as often as I can and I find myself online searching for more feminine attire to buy.

Karinsamatha
10-24-2010, 06:16 PM
The fog has not relaxed her hold on me for the 12 months :o ! So for me not much has changed, other than I am now thinking about periced ears :eek:!
I like this time of the year - I love sweaters, and coats!

Karren H
10-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Not really... I haven't been effected by pink fog for a number of years now... I do like autum and winter months.. Really not a big heat fan.. Especially with makeup on..

GirlieAmanda
10-24-2010, 06:50 PM
You know I honestly don't really know what the Pink Fog is. I have never heard that term until I joined this site. I think I know now. I started CDing when I was 13 in the fall. Amanda was born 20 years ago this month...in the fall. I went out for the first time...in the fall. I will be going out to a Halloween party for the first time en femme...that's right, in the fall. There is just something about it. I start to feel the feelings. The fall fashions, the cool temps, Halloween, the holidays with their good feelings. Just a happy time for me. It just makes me feel extra girlie inside.

Aprilrain
10-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Wow. I really thought it was just me. Yes fall! How weird.

linnea
10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Fall is my favorite season, but the urge to dress and go out seems to be with me year around. I like the cooler months, so from mid-September to mid-April, I'm especially happy with everything.

Diane Smith
10-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Could be something to it. It was in the fall (different years) that I (1) got my first girly tattoo; (2) started electrolysis; (3) went out for the first time dressed; (4) started wearing heels full time; (5) started wearing acrylics and growing out my nails. There have been other "firsts" but not concentrated at the same time of the year like that.

- Diane

jazmine
10-25-2010, 12:29 AM
hahaha.....me too! god i love fall!

NikkiBeth
10-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I don't know if it's the "Pink Fog" or if it is more to do with the time of year and the weather.
For me when the weather starts to turn, it is easier to dress and go out.

Wendy W
10-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Yep, me too! Another Fall pink fogger. Most of my wardrobe is dedicated to the cooler seasons. Nothing like a chilly wind blowing up a skirt while wearing nylons. What an exciting feeling!

WW

Sarah Doepner
10-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Although it seems that there are more opportunities to get out in the cooler months with less daylight, I am a victim of random Pink Fog attacks. Regardless of the season my PF will be kicked in by a whiff of perfume, the purchase of a new item of clothing, a conversation here on the forum or the sight of an attractive lady, smiling as the wind plays with her hair and lifts the hem of her skirt as she walks down the street.

Lois Page
10-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Well, the closer it gets to Christmas the foggier it gets.
Lois

Madilyn A.
10-25-2010, 04:55 PM
The Pink Fog typically rolls into my area a few days after Labor Day. The schedules in my family change and I get much more relatively safe alone time. Also, it is easier to keep oneself clean shaven without fear of looks and questions. So for me I believe it has more to do with additional available time to dress...... Some of the other comments and theories are interesting though and perhaps the real reason behind the fog. As a matter of fact it rolling in right now !!!

mscatie85
10-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Autumn is naturally the best time for any CD or TG to kind of throw some caution to the wind. If you think about it a few things happen. Colder / cooler weather means you have more options in clothing that tends to be less revealing as well as long sleeves and pants give us the ability to grow out or shave body hair. The time of year also coincides with Halloween so around this time we can feel that we won't be looked down on as much when purchasing items since we can always say its for a Halloween costume.

For me personally, autumn is my favorite time of year so it would make sense that the season would coincide with my favorite hobby (at least the time when I am most active doing it).

Hugs,
Megan

AKAMichelle
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Pink fog is a year around event. It just might be worse in the fall