PDA

View Full Version : Breast forms

cd_becca
09-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Which do you reckon are best? The silicone ones or the ones that actullay look like fake breasts?

kymmieLorain
09-08-2005, 01:20 PM
I too would like to know as I am looking into some.

Kymmie

Phoebe Reece
09-09-2005, 12:09 AM
The silicone ones are best. They have the weight, move in a realistic way when you are walking, feel realistic if someone accidentally touches them, and will warm up to your body temperature (eventually). There are a lot of differing opinions on what is the best shaped one to use (there are several types). I use the "triangular" type myself. They are not cheap, and are well worth the investment. Several web sites that sell quality forms also have information on how to order the correct size. I got mine from http://www.tanyabrowns.com/ Tanya is a crossdresser and understands our needs very well.

Tedi
09-09-2005, 03:50 PM
I have to agree with Phoebe, The silicone breast forms are more "weighty" and feel better. I've had a couple pair of the teardrop shape and three pair of triangle. I prefer the triangles, they seem to sit in a bra better. Shop around, It seems that you get what you pay for, but you can find good deals.

MsEva
09-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Have to go with silicone....I have a nice pair of forms that my DW got me while shopping at an outlet store. They are not as good as many of the larger ones, but the women in my family are small breated anyway. I think I would look a bit made up with really big ones, I guess mine are an A or B cup size, but I like them. :rolleyes:

Sherrie
09-09-2005, 07:54 PM
I bought silicone forms. They do warm up to your body and feel quite real when touched. I got the triangle ones in a size 7. They fill a 42C bra very nicely.

Lauren415
09-09-2005, 08:04 PM
i just bought some silicones today, i was using socks :thumbsdn: . my new breast forms are great, i had them in all day today. :thumbsup:

ronna
09-09-2005, 10:05 PM
FASHION FORMS Water Works Push Up

Yes, I'll say it again because I used to use foam pads and they weren't much better than socks either, but these, for $13, as long as you don't want big ones, are the nicest things! Filled with water and body oil and covered with plush tricot, they fill out the bra nicely and have a very real feel.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Go silicon, for the reasons Phoebe mentioned. The Breast Store (http://www.thebreastformstore.com) is also a good source for forms. If you're unsure about what to get, you can call or email them. They're good people.

cd_becca
09-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Thank you! Seems silocone is the way to go then! But can you see them in your bra? I'd hate to have them stuck to my chest and for them to be obviously visible when wearing a lower cut top. I presume they just push your own chest up a bit as well?

Now to figure out the size. Size 6 or 7 would seem to give me a B or C cup. B would be just fine I think.

Any good places to buy? I know Darla and Pheobe put links in to stores, thanks. Any where else? I really need to research this.

Thanks for all your help.

susiej
09-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Becca,

The breast form store (www.breastformstore.com) gets my vote, hands down. The proprietor, Victor, understands and helps. Call them with your measurements and your desired look and they'll help you with your choice. 11 on a scale of 10!

Hugs,
Susie

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-10-2005, 06:31 PM
As Susie said, talk to Victor. He'll help you figure what size and which model is best for you. You can experiment first by stuffing your bra and figuring out what cup size looks right, although Victor can also give you recommendations based on your other measurements (band size, height, weight).

If you want to shop around I'd also check out Glamour Boutique. (http://www.glamourboutique.com/index.html) However, the Breast Form store specializes in forms (their main business, under a different name, is selling to GGs who've had mastectomies).

With any form, it's best to wear a "full coverage" bra, here's an example (http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=SD-119489&page=1&cgname=OSBRPSSSZZZ&rfnbr=23) from Victoria's Secret, which completely covers my triangular forms. The sad truth is the less you see of the model's breasts, the better the form will be covered. The key thing is to make sure the bra fits properly. Shaping's bra fitting guide (http://www.shapings.com/bra_fitting.html) is useful making sure the cup fits properly.

I've worn my forms with v-neck tops without any problems. It looks like it's showing cleavage without exposing the forms -- and it's a style many GGs wear so they don't show too much skin, so you won't look out of fashion.

Forms won't really push your chest wall to create cleavage, but if you want that you can get the Natural Bra (found at many drugstores) which will do that, then wear your forms over it. It will add a half-cup or so to your size.

Dawn
09-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi Becca!
I.... like the other girls vote for the silicone breastforms.
They have the natural weight and movement of real breasts! I have the "teardrop" shaped breastforms. When their glued to your chest and their weight is being cradled in your bra....the feeling is fantastic!
If your going to glue them on, use the Hollister 7730 Medical Adhesive. It's a strong silicone glue that will hold your breastforms on your chest for days!
I get it at: allegromedical.com. They have fast shipping and good prices on the adhesive.

Good luck with your new breasts!!

Dawn :)

pamcd3
09-10-2005, 08:20 PM
I just ordered a latex rubber & foam filled breast top from Design Hers. I should be getting them in about a week. Will let you know how they work out