PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information tailored to SO's

Tammy V
10-25-2010, 10:50 AM
In the sticky post by Marla GG on How to come out to your SO, there are 5 links to resource articles for SO's. 4 of them are no longer working. I just came out to my SO (wife) yesterday and she is wanting some material to read, as she does not use computers herself. I did print out the one article from TriEss I beleive and she did not like it because it is supportive of crossdressing. Right now she is doing a great job of understanding, but she is not supportive yet. I really don't want to read anything bad about our thing, but I guess having both sides would at least be unbiased. I did get the advice from a couple of you to get the book My Husband Betty, and I may order it, but am really looking for something I can print out for her now.
Thanks,
Tammy

Mary Morgan
10-25-2010, 10:58 AM
My only recommendation is that you read everything thoroughly before you give it to her. That allows you to be prepared to react, respond, etc. In my opinion, most of the written material is slanted to one segment or another of our community. If you know who you are, then try to focus on material that reflects you. There is plenty of time to engage in discussions on other aspects of the TG community. Look into the books by Peggy Rudd. If they fit, go for it.

MiamiMarie
10-25-2010, 11:38 AM
As a GG, I've read it all, and by far and above "My Husband Betty" is the best resource for wives who are genuinely trying to accept their husbands CDing. Do yourself and your SO a huge favor and have it shipped overnight, or if she has a smart phone, you can download the free Amazon Kindle App and then download the book to her phone for cheap.

She can also read a few free chapters on GoogleBooks at:

http://books.google.com/books?id=vCT70HjI_a4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=my+husband+betty&hl=en&ei=4K_FTLi5G8L58Aa61tXOBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

However, I would not recommend the sequel (she's not the man I married) or a visit to myhusbandbetty.com, as her husband betty recently transitioned into a woman. This may scare your wife during this initial learning process.

Another site that is helpful in resources is Crossdresserswives.com: http://www.crossdresserswives.com/revision/resources.html

The main pages are very helpful, but the forum there is a bit intense and has a strong anti-CDing slant, as it is loaded with very angry wives of guys with hardcore respect and sex issues that go far beyond CDing (tampon fetishes, sex toy hospital trips, diapering, extreme infidelity, etc.) But I do recommend searching through the various resource links to gather more materials on your wife's behalf.

Try to get your wife on our F.A.B. forum. Its a great place for her to share and express her feelings in a safe, supportive, and confidential environment. This is an extremely important step for a woman just getting all of this new information. Many women during this time struggle most with the solitude and burden of keeping such a huge secret. Even if your wife becomes fully accepting of the dressing, many women who are very open and honest and love to talk about their feelings really benefit from a sane, objective forum. We are lucky to have one here.

Shananigans
10-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I absolutely loved My Husband Betty. I enjoy very upfront answers. I don't want any BS. I just want my questions answered.

A lot of sites and books are just unhelpful. They just sugar coat it all too much. My Husband Betty answers the questions that your SO is asking or too afraid to ask and explores these questions on a deeper level than any other website or book that I've read. It is also written by a GG dating a CD.

My Husband Betty was a very powerful book to helping me understand my SO. Not just answer my questions...but, get to a level that I could understand and appreciate why he is doing this and the fact that it's not just a thing...it's part of who he/she is.

It's on Amazon for cheapy cheap.

Alice B
10-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I did the same with my wife when I came out to her. I simply went on line and and searched under "cross dressing" Found many articles and printed out and highlighted all parts that applied to me. Then gave them to my wife to read, followed by discussion. E were able to establish safe ground and rules that would work and over the years I have gained more and more freedom as a result. Good luck.

Shananigans
10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
I did the same with my wife when I came out to her. I simply went on line and and searched under "cross dressing" Found many articles and printed out and highlighted all parts that applied to me. Then gave them to my wife to read, followed by discussion. E were able to establish safe ground and rules that would work and over the years I have gained more and more freedom as a result. Good luck.

That's a good point, Alice. I generally don't like the idea of rules. But, I DO think it can ease people into things. You two have to have a mutual respect of each other, and if she is a little uncomfortable with your CD the LAST thing you want to do is throw it in her face and make her more uncomfortable. Or, make her resent it. And, if you respect each other...maybe live by whatever rules you come up with...rules start bending as the comfort increases.

Good point. Hadn't thought of it that way.

ReineD
10-25-2010, 03:11 PM
I've made notes to the links that are no longer available, and I've added a reference to "My Husband Betty" to Marla's Post.

Tammy V
10-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks everybody. She seems to be coming along fine and I am gonna get "My Husband Betty for her to read".
Hugs,
Tammy