PDA

View Full Version : First shopping trip

janec
10-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Well i did it i have just got back from shopping and all went better than expected
i went to a 24hr asda wallmart. As my so is working nights tonight so had no need to rush home after my shift finished. I was so nervous when i got there but once in the store i could see that it was not that full so i headed on over to the ladies clothing section and spent a while just looking around checking who was around then i thought your here start shopping. so picked a couple of tops and some tights bra and several pairs of knickers then headed to the check out and as i got nearer noticed a few people at the only one open so i went to the self serve one and asked the lady there if it was ok to put my selection through she said fine. So i started checking it through felt like all eyes in the store were on me but just carried on once finished put my money in the slot got my change picked up my bag and left had a job to stop my self jumping for joy. could not stop smiling all the way home http://www.tamaracroft.co.uk/Smilies/Big%20grin.gif

ColleenW
10-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Congratulations Janec -- a couple of more times and it will seem completely normal to buy what ever you want. Next time why not go over to the men's section (from your post it sounds as though you went in drab) and try the stuff on before buying it?

AKAMichelle
10-25-2010, 08:05 PM
now you can jump for joy. This won't be your last visit and eventually the line of people at the checkout won't bother you at all.

mscatie85
10-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Since I am like you and most of my shopping experiences have been limited to online shopping I have often thought about going to my local 24 hour wal-mart late at night. I have to give you a big thumbs up because no matter how much I think about it, I still cannot bring myself to buy anything except for pantyhose or makeup.

In any case, congrats on such a big step,
Megan

Lorna
10-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Self-service checkouts are a blessing for shy cross-dressers and usually one can pass through them easily and without attracting any attention. Even so, there are some things to watch.

Most shops have staff nearby to "supervise" the s-s tills (i.e. watch for shoplifting). Only a slight hesitation or apparent unfamiliarity with the process will often bring the shop assistant to ask if you need help.

Make sure the items you plan to buy are not security tagged. If they are, the assistant will have to come and remove them - making your purchases very obvious.

Also, avoid items which trigger "seek help" messages on the screen. A bottle of wine or a small kitchen knife, for example, will do this in all our local shops because of our absurd obsessions with security and under-age alcohol consumption. (I did not buy these items at the same time as female clothing - but made a mental note to avoid doing so).

Yes, I know we should just breeze through ordinary checkouts and pay no attention to what others are thinking and saying....and I admire those who can do that. For those of us who are less confident or have other reasons to remain as inconspicuous as possible, the self-service checkouts in large supermarkets make it easier for us to buy those "difficult" items - underwear, shoes, dresses, skirts, etc - with the added advantage that they can be returned if they don't fit. Bear in mind, though, that the return will have to be via the customer service desk, so have the story ready!

Tasha McIntyre
10-26-2010, 05:36 AM
That's a great post Janec, well done for taking the plunge. You're probably planning your next trip out by now......wicked fun ain't it :)

skirt_guy
10-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Don't forget peopleofwalmart.com My daughter told me about it after I went through there late at night in a knee length denim skirt. I wasn't featured on the site but there are plenty of others. If you think you aren't noticed at WalMart ... You really need to rethink ......

janec
10-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Don't forget peopleofwalmart.com My daughter told me about it after I went through there late at night in a knee length denim skirt. I wasn't featured on the site but there are plenty of others. If you think you aren't noticed at WalMart ... You really need to rethink ......

i think this is only in the USA and dont think there is the same thing in the uk