PDA

View Full Version : How to know if the vibe is right to go in?

Ria
10-25-2010, 11:23 PM
I live in Vancouver BC,

I've gone out before a few times to the same club dressed up... awesome time, everytime! I love it. However, I would like to explore...

I know there are a couple of gay clubs in town that should be a safe haven for a chick like me on a Saturday night, I think?

Am I overlooking something with that assumption? I'm not gay, I'd be going solo, I don't know any other crossdressers.

I guess you never know until you go right?

Ria

AllieSF
10-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Not knowing the area and clientèle of the gay bars, I would guess that you would be fine. I have done it in drab and en femme in specifically male gay bars with no issues at all. I would recommend that you sit at the bar and get to know the bartender a patron's best friend when a friend is needed. Good ones like to talk and you can learn so much from them. Plus, you get to talk with whoever sots on either side of you which is a lot of fun. I have also had great experiences in mixed gay/lesbian bars and my favorite, a lesbian dyke dive bar in San Francisco. If you are worried go into them in your male mode and check it all out for an hour or two. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

sherri
10-26-2010, 08:13 AM
What kind of gay bar? If it's just a run-of-the-mill gay or lesbian bar, you'll be fine. Just don't be disappointed if the gays aren't all that interested in you. If it's a leather bar, however, tread carefully. I've been going to LGBT bars for years, but I don't think I'd ever go into a leather bar by myself.

AKAMichelle
10-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Maybe the best advice for that is find others. Then it a pack of Tgrils having fun. The fun is then multipled by a 1000. :D

Ria
10-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Great Idea Allie, getting to know the bar tender and sitting at the bar, I'll remember that =) ...No it's not a leather bar, but that's good to know. I'm not looking for any attention, blending would be just fine! I guess I'll need to choose my attire accordingly hey =)

Ria

Alice Torn
10-26-2010, 09:24 PM
FC, You have asked something I have been considering. I am alone, too, have never been in a gay bar, and there is only one in this area, in a bad part of town. I am not looking for a gay man, but had hoped to go into one dressed as a lady, maybe just this one time. I avoid alcohol.

erickka
10-27-2010, 06:54 AM
I would definately scope out the bar and clientele first before going enfemme. Seems like a little bit of a heads up would be in order.

TiffanyTgirl
10-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Call them and ask if they are cd friendly. There was a lesbian bar in Orlando that was very strict with their clientelle. Rumor had it that a couple of manly men went in and got thrown out. I think the place burned down a few years ago.

tamarav
10-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Going into a new club or bar by yourself can always be daunting but you have to think about everybody elese doing the same thing. At some point or another, we all have been alone in a new place. Why not get out and dance by yourself (that really shows you have self-confidence) or just strike up a conversation with someone else. I usually just walk around and start talking to someone about their outfit, their hair, whatever, just to get them started. If you compliment someone on something, it is rare they tell you to get lost. Sometimes you find out they are as scared as you are and welcome the company.

Of course other times you find out everyone else in the club is a wierdo and you are the only "normal" one...

Ria
10-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Tamara, so true... I agree, thanks!

DeeArel
10-27-2010, 04:18 PM
If the vibes are not there, I check the place out in drab on the same night of the week.

Raven586
10-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Well I'm a crossdresser who lives in Kelowna, I do sometimes get to Vancouver, I would love to go out together for some fun.
What do you think ?

: ))

Raven586
10-27-2010, 06:15 PM
If you ever come to Kelowna, I would be more than happy to go out and show you a good time here.
It's not quite as active as Vancouver, but if you know where to go it can be a blast.

Ria
10-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Hi Raven! That sounds cool, PM me

Shananigans
10-27-2010, 09:53 PM
There are never really any CDs at the gay bars in my city. They do have a drag show some nights of the week. Idk, I know that some of my gay friends get a little weird about the CDing issue. I guess because some people see it as synonymous and therefore they like to distance themselves from that association. So, the drag show is seen as just a show. Not as like a "Drag Night."

But, other gay bars are totally different. That's why I like these two bits of advice best...

1) Go and scope it out first not en femme. Okay, so there are two gay bars in Birmingham. One is super seedy (and everyone in there is kind of sketch) and the other one is more chill and a lot of fun.
2) When/if you DO decide to go en femme, take someone with you. There is always a few sketchy people at the bar and you just have to look out for yourself. Plus, you will have more fun with someone else. This person doesn't have to be another CD...just an accepting friend.

I hope you have fun!