PDA

View Full Version : Differences

linda allen
10-26-2010, 09:02 AM
I've watched several youtube presentations on how to walk, talk, act. like a female.

I'm wondering if the differences are primarily physical or because of the different upbringing of boys vs. girls.

Why do females walk differently from males?

Throw a ball differently?

Sit in a chair differently?

Look at their nails differently?

Other than pitch, why do the speak differently?

And so on?

Karren H
10-26-2010, 09:27 AM
They walk differently because their legs are hinged further out than a male because of the birth canal..

ColleenW
10-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Karen's right about the walk. I don't know that anyone has ever really looked at the other things you mention. They are good questions though and I'm hoping that others here will have answers.

suchacutie
10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Many of the differences are physical, and that partly includes some differences of speach since women don't have that resonant cavity we get to use as the bass of our voices. The first thing I noticed when I stopped using that resonant cavity is that I needed some other way to inflect my speech!

But the major difference that is so foreign to us, since we grew up as boys, is all the issues that women have growing up as girls, and all they learn that we don't! Just look at women's fashion and try to understand the words that we don't have a clue about. My wife has been tracking Tina's progress as a chronological progression from childhood through adolescence to teenage years growing up as a girl, comparing what Tina has learned, how she has experimented, etc. In my experience, this is the hardest part about learning to be effective in a feminine world. I also think that knowing all this information and living it makes it possible to be so much more comfortable with who we are en femme.

tina

carhill2mn
10-26-2010, 04:21 PM
There really are physical differences in the joints, muscles, etc. between most girls and most boys. There are exceptions; thus, some girls can throw, run etc. as well or better than most boys and some boys really cannot do these things like most other boys. Most can improve upon their natural ability a little with the help of a good techer but they will always be limited by their body structure.
We CDs can learn to move more like a woman does if we learn what is usual and practice, practice so that it becomes second nature (no pun intended), so to speak.

JulieK1980
10-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Ultimately this all comes back to the nature vs. nurture argument. Are these differences encoded in our DNA, or are these differences taught to us. After all, we start assigning roles directly from birth, and continue straight through to adulthood. That beds to question, are we the product of a failed upbringing, that for whatever reason we didn't attach to our pre-determined roles, or was it simply a hormone dump in utero? Or a defective DNA strand? The source of these questions have been on going for decades, and will probably continue for many more decades. Me personally, I believe it's probably a combination of the two that make men and women different.

linda allen
10-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks.

It still leaves me wondering if a boy was raised with girls by women and had little contact with other boys or grown men, what would the result be? Obviously, he would have a natural deep voice, but would he otherwise talk like a female? Walk like a female? Cross his legs like a female?

I wonder if this has ever been researched?

TiffanyTgirl
10-28-2010, 08:04 AM
According to a popular book, we are from different planets. Hence we are physiologically similar but definitely different. thankfully, we can learn to mimic each other.