PDA

View Full Version : A hidden desire for adventure?

ruroken
10-26-2010, 04:12 PM
does anybody here think that crossing( in some men since everyone is unique) is a hidden desire for that male adventure into life? To let go and see what you become with nothing but the ground underneath you. I don't mean a weekend but years.

The reason why i ask is that it seems most people get a kick out of crossing in public, a rush... like a little adventure

Loni
10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
the rush, or adventure. i would say is like doing most anything new, or different in ones life.
but that is not why i dress in a cute skirt or dress and have heels on.
the adventure i would lie is to explore a place i have never been before. this is why i would give it all to go to mars. (one way trip). just keep the supply's coming like food water air. to explore were no man/woman has been before. i will leave space to cap'n Kirk.

ruroken
10-26-2010, 05:06 PM
how many of you guys are adventurous?

Tima
10-26-2010, 07:11 PM
does anybody here think that crossing( in some men since everyone is unique) is a hidden desire for that male adventure into life? To let go and see what you become with nothing but the ground underneath you. I don't mean a weekend but years.
The reason why i ask is that it seems most people get a kick out of crossing in public, a rush... like a little adventure

Not in my case. I create the adventure each time I venture forth into the world, but it’s a daring, hazardous, somewhat romantic undertaking because of how people perceive me. I wish it were otherwise, but without danger there is no adventure. I’m always glad to be home again. I would disagree that this adventure you mention is purely “male.” I think it’s an inborn thing, the by-product of thousands of years of evolution. The adventurous people survive and reproduce, bringing their aggression along for the ride. Tell me - can we be feminine and adventurous at the same time? Of course we can.

Debb
10-26-2010, 07:14 PM
I totally fall in the adventurous category. Until my back was seriously injured, I was in a military job that allowed me to jump out of airplanes and "camp" in the wilderness. I really miss it.

I'm not sure whether CDing is related though ... perhaps some of my behavior while dressed is, though. I don't behave dangerously, but I'm not exactly careful either. Perhaps it's just a level of comfort with "crossing" that allows me to feel free to ... goof off when dressed. I don't know, it's worth some thought.

Karren H
10-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Let's see... I go down in underground mines for a living, I've jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and I go out in public dressed as a woman.

Naahhh. I don't think I'm not the adventurous type.. Lol.

Angie G
10-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I am to a point but going out other then our Holiday isn't on the list.:hugs:
Angie

ruroken
10-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Not in my case. I create the adventure each time I venture forth into the world, but it’s a daring, hazardous, somewhat romantic undertaking because of how people perceive me. I wish it were otherwise, but without danger there is no adventure. I’m always glad to be home again. I would disagree that this adventure you mention is purely “male.” I think it’s an inborn thing, the by-product of thousands of years of evolution. The adventurous people survive and reproduce, bringing their aggression along for the ride. Tell me - can we be feminine and adventurous at the same time? Of course we can.

true true adventure has no gender. i was just going on most historical tales of heroes and people going out and testing themselves, who happen to be mostly male. but still sorry

eluuzion
10-27-2010, 03:09 AM
For me, CD is indeed an adventure. But just one reflection of many that are all consistent with my overall “strategy” for living life, rather that it being an “isolated” issue.

I think everyone forms a “strategy” to play the game of life. (whether we are conscious of it or not). There are “victims”, “bullies“, “players”, con artists, moralists, whiners, etc. Since our basic personalities are fully formed by the age of 5-6 years old, it is logical to assume we adopt this strategy at about the same time. I believe that we continue to use this strategy throughout our lives. Some of us are just better at concealing it than others. :heehee:

I do not believe any of our behaviors and actions can be defined or attributed to any single cause. It is a combination of inherent traits, nature, nurture, bias and perceptions unique to each of us and influenced by our personal experiences.

I happen to have an extremely curious nature. So I am drawn to creativity and adventure, and tend to rebel against structure, conformity and authority. My behavior and actions have little to do with following hidden agendas. They have everything to do with exploring my curiosity.

:love: